Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Early Parent Pickups - How to Deal
Indoorvoice 01:25 PM 07-09-2015
My naps are scheduled 12-3 and parents generally are understanding not to disturb during this time. I have one parent of an infant who gets out early some days and wants to pick up right after nap. Sometimes her infant is still sleeping as late as 3:30 because he doesn't always go down with the others. Today was a rough day for him and his crying kept everyone awake until 2. I finally got everyone down at 2 and so he was still sleeping at 3:15. I knew mom was at home waiting to pick up so I texted her that I would let her know when he woke up. She asked if she could just come wake him up and since everyone else was still sleeping too, I told her no that it would probably be better for him to wake up on his own. Well she showed up anyway and woke everyone else up and was visibly upset with me. What should I have done? Was I in the wrong?
bklsmum 01:52 PM 07-09-2015
I would have told her that she could come pick him up if she texted you when she was outside the door and then you would pick him up and hand him right to her without her coming in and she would have to do the post nap diaper change.
renodeb 02:11 PM 07-09-2015
You were not wrong at all. That parent was very rude for juts showing up. I heavily discourage parents from doing any dropping off or picking up during nap time. They all abide. After all you have the group to think about . I would put something in your contract about naptime/early pickups to avoid future disruptions. Nap time is not only the kids nap time, it' s break time for us to. Texting these parents can be a great tool if they abide by it.
Deb
Indoorvoice 02:41 PM 07-09-2015
Originally Posted by renodeb:
You were not wrong at all. That parent was very rude for juts showing up. I heavily discourage parents from doing any dropping off or picking up during nap time. They all abide. After all you have the group to think about . I would put something in your contract about naptime/early pickups to avoid future disruptions. Nap time is not only the kids nap time, it' s break time for us to. Texting these parents can be a great tool if they abide by it.
Deb
Well she actually did come after my normal nap hours, but since her baby was crying during my normal nap time, no one fell asleep until 2 and I was going to let them sleep later than normal. I didn't think it was a big deal to ask her to come a little later so her child could finish his nap, but she made it into a big deal. I thought I was doing her a favor, letting her child get the rest that he obviously needed! I understand her point of view that she wants to pick up her child whenever, but I feel there should be more leeway and understanding with this on her end.
e.j. 02:45 PM 07-09-2015
Originally Posted by bklsmum:
I would have told her that she could come pick him up if she texted you when she was outside the door and then you would pick him up and hand him right to her without her coming in and she would have to do the post nap diaper change.
This is how I usually handle this kind of thing. I try to get the parents to understand why pick ups during nap time are so inconvenient but I'd feel uncomfortable refusing a parents' request to pick up their kid. I just tell them they can pick up but that it will have to be a quick, quiet hand off with no chit-chatting. They have to leave immediately. I've been very lucky to have understanding parents. Unless a child has a dr. appointment that couldn't be scheduled around nap time, my dc parents have always been very respectful of my policy on nap time pick ups.
Unregistered 02:54 PM 07-09-2015
I would let her know that in the future, if she cannot wait till naps are over, you will call before naps start and she can pick up then. Otherwise, she should respect that the other kids are sleeping too. We can say naps are from 1-3or whatever, but sometimes it just doesn't work that way, so it is rude that she came after you asked her not to. If she had somewhere to go, she could have just told you and you could have met her at the door with dck and not had tone wake up.
MarinaVanessa 03:00 PM 07-09-2015
I would have told her that I would meet her outside at the front door too. I would have packed up all of the babies things that needed to go home with mom and then have asked her to text me when she parked and to wait at the front door without knocking.

I would have picked up the baby and done my best to keep her from waking up and would have walked out to the door and handed her to mom outside. A quick smile and "See you tomorrow" and the door would close behind me.

I hate having to wake napping kids too but man, my state is harsh when it comes to parents having access to their kids. In CA we have to have an "open-door" policy with the parents so we can encourage parents not to come during certain times but I can't require them to not pick their kids up even at nap. UGH, and I just found out a few months ago. Apparently in my region (I'm sure that it's different in other parts of CA) our analysts are trained to tell us not to ever keep a parent from their kids.
mommyneedsadayoff 03:30 PM 07-09-2015
If her kid is anything like mine after being woke up, she is probably in for a long night, so in the end, you get a little sweet revenge Unless she had somewhere to be, what was the rush in picking up? Technically, she has the right to pick up her kid when she wants, but it is rude and inconsiderate to you and the other kids (and the other parents who may now have a cranky kid bc of being woke up).
Indoorvoice 04:50 PM 07-09-2015
Ok I will definitely handle it by meeting her at the door all ready to go next time. I would never deny the parent the right to pick up their kid either, which is why I tried to phrase it nicely. I thought it was nice for me to let him finish his nap! Well then when she asked if she could come wake him up, I thought "no way!" she's a showy parent and it would take forever. I just get sick of every little thing being made into an issue. She had nothing to do and an extra half hour would not have killed her. She just wants to be my boss.
daycarediva 11:08 AM 07-10-2015
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I would have told her that I would meet her outside at the front door too. I would have packed up all of the babies things that needed to go home with mom and then have asked her to text me when she parked and to wait at the front door without knocking.

I would have picked up the baby and done my best to keep her from waking up and would have walked out to the door and handed her to mom outside. A quick smile and "See you tomorrow" and the door would close behind me.

I hate having to wake napping kids too but man, my state is harsh when it comes to parents having access to their kids. In CA we have to have an "open-door" policy with the parents so we can encourage parents not to come during certain times but I can't require them to not pick their kids up even at nap. UGH, and I just found out a few months ago. Apparently in my region (I'm sure that it's different in other parts of CA) our analysts are trained to tell us not to ever keep a parent from their kids.
Same state regulations. I CANNOT say no, at any time. I DO tell parents if it happens often, this isn't the best fit. We all nap in the main room/entrance is right there, so there is NO WAY I can hand off a child without waking the rest of the group, and mannnnn they need their rest. One early pick up is NOT worth 5 MISERABLE kids for the remainder of the day.
Blackcat31 11:15 AM 07-10-2015
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
Ok I will definitely handle it by meeting her at the door all ready to go next time. I would never deny the parent the right to pick up their kid either, which is why I tried to phrase it nicely. I thought it was nice for me to let him finish his nap! Well then when she asked if she could come wake him up, I thought "no way!" she's a showy parent and it would take forever. I just get sick of every little thing being made into an issue. She had nothing to do and an extra half hour would not have killed her. She just wants to be my boss.
That is what I would have major issues with.

Regardless of the situation you told her not to come and she did.

I would seriously consider telling her that she is on shaky ground now and NOT because of the nap thing but for the outright disregard for other children and you.

If SHE can't understand AND respect that she (her family) is part of GROUP care then she needs to hire someone who does work for her.

As a parent of the other children.....I'd be livid that she took it upon herself to do what is best for HER without regard to my child. She cant even say it was FOR her child as it was clearly for HER. How rude.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 11:25 AM 07-10-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
That is what I would have major issues with.

Regardless of the situation you told her not to come and she did.

I would seriously consider telling her that she is on shaky ground now and NOT because of the nap thing but for the outright disregard for other children and you.

If SHE can't understand AND respect that she (her family) is part of GROUP care then she needs to hire someone who does work for her.

As a parent of the other children.....I'd be livid that she took it upon herself to do what is best for HER without regard to my child. She cant even say it was FOR her child as it was clearly for HER. How rude.
Yes, I would have told her that the other kids were still asleep. I would have told her if she really wanted to pick up I would meet her outside. If a parent tells me they are picking up early I do try to accommodate that the best I can. I try to discourage naptime drop offs but sometimes that happens too. Then I meet them in the drive and they know they must be quiet.

I do not hand off or accept sleeping children though so I would be sure that he was awake when I handed him off and that she acknowledged him being awake. I would not put in a car seat and hand off. It really scares me that if she took him asleep in a carseat- leaves him in the carseat and that she would go to wake him later and he was not ok that I would have no way of saying but he was fine when he left my house. I also do not accept any kidlets into my car asleep in a carseat. They must remove from carseat and hand the baby to me. If they are asleep I do "wake" them. If they are tired they will go back to sleep.
Leigh 11:54 AM 07-10-2015
I got off work during nap time when I used daycare services. I'd go home or go do some grocery shopping and my provider would text me when he woke up (I wanted him to get that sleep!). In the cases that I did pick up before that text, I would text and ask her to meet me at the door-I wouldn't have dreamed of stomping in and waking everyone! There's no reason that this parent can't do the same.
Unregistered 05:19 PM 07-10-2015
Seems like parents can never do right by you all.
If they pick up on time, their child is in DC too long. If they're late, they're wrong. If they pick up early they're wrong. If that parent would have gotten off early went home to take a nap, clean her house, or go grocery shopping then a lot would be one here complaining that she didn't pick her child up right after work.
If my DC provider told me I could not pick my child up from DC, I would and I'd never take my child back.
I am a DC parent as well as have owned my own childcare. Therefore,, I do know some of the things providers deal with when it comes to DCparents, but some of you really need to get over yourselves. A home daycare is just a glorified babysitter.
mommyneedsadayoff 05:42 PM 07-10-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
If they pick up on time, their child is in DC too long. If they're late, they're wrong. If they pick up early they're wrong. If that parent would have gotten off early went home to take a nap, clean her house, or go grocery shopping then a lot would be one here complaining that she didn't pick her child up right after work.
If my DC provider told me I could not pick my child up from DC, I would and I'd never take my child back.
I am a DC parent as well as have owned my own childcare. Therefore,, I do know some of the things providers deal with when it comes to DCparents, but some of you really need to get over yourselves. A home daycare is just a glorified babysitter.

Possible troll???

Regardless, I have no problem being called a babysitter, but dang it, I sure wish I got a sweet $8-10 per hour per child like a babysitter does! I don't care if you want to come get your kid, but when you mess up the schedule for the whole group and disregard my request to wait a little longer, then I also won't be welcoming you back. It is best to work WITH your provider, not against her/him. Your child is not the only one in daycare and therefore, the group as a whole comes before your child as an individual.

Dang, this bloody mary tastes good right now!
Indoorvoice 06:23 PM 07-10-2015
I wasn't complaining. I was asking advice on what I should have done because SHE was upset with ME when I asked to keep her child longer as a favor for her child who the needed the rest and for the mom. I was trying to be nice while also trying to accommodate the needs of ALL the children in my care. Sounds like you had a bad day. Hope things turn around for you.
Unregistered 06:37 PM 07-10-2015
Nope, I am voicing MY opinion as does everyone else on this forum. Thanks for assuming though.
Indoorvoice 07:00 PM 07-10-2015
Nope, I am voicing MY opinion as does everyone else on this forum. Thanks for assuming though.
Great, maybe you could offer some helpful advice then instead of assuming that everyone is complaining.
grateday 07:13 AM 07-11-2015
I think parents sometimes assume that everyone is actually sleeping at the same time........ It takes time to transition. I start mine at 1pm. But if you have little infants and babies or other needs that might not work for your program. I have older kids seperated. I have some kids whos parents want me to do sleep on demand. So those kids are seperated too. I usually end up having to keep those ones awake until mom comes becuase they don't sleep over here. My own son is at a hard age 4 years and sometimes naps and then sometimes does not. The nappers have to stay on there mats though. The non nappers cannot be in the area and cannot step or go near the mats.

I have had parents pick up at nap times but they are trained to be quite/talk quiet and the entrance is right into the nap area. The doorbell is not connected. I have a couple times met the parents at the door. The children are used to having people popping in.

The most annoying are the after school kids that forget every day when they walk in to be quiet. I noticed younger babies who are not used to the childcare are way more sensitive to noise disturbance. Background music helps or a white noise maker helps to kind of filter the noise too.
LeggoMyEggo 08:41 AM 07-11-2015
Great, maybe you could offer some helpful advice then instead of assuming that everyone is complaining.
Seems like you're the one that is upset Hun, not me. I posted my own opinion. It sounds like complaining to me, so that's what I called it.
I have read this forum for years and have posted a few times and have been offended by other's opinion and it is what it is. So if you're offended by the fact that I believe home daycares are babysitters or whatever it is that I said, then oh well.
I have a right to express my opinion as does everyone else here.
Blackcat31 08:54 AM 07-11-2015
Originally Posted by LeggoMyEggo:
Seems like you're the one that is upset Hun, not me. I posted my own opinion. It sounds like complaining to me, so that's what I called it.
I have read this forum for years and have posted a few times and have been offended by other's opinion and it is what it is. So if you're offended by the fact that I believe home daycares are babysitters or whatever it is that I said, then oh well.
Its one thing to voice your opinion but there is really no need to be condescending or rude towards the OP.
She wasnt being rude to you.

Complaining about an early pick up does sound petty in and of itself but add in the details of the specific situation and its obvious the provider was trying to do whats best for everyone she cares for and the complaint was absolutely legitimate since she was trying to put the needs of others first before the needs of just one child/parent.

You are entitled to an opinion but you are not entitled to be rude about it.

The glorified baby-sitter comment was completely unnecessary and made simply to get a rise out of others. I fail to see the point in that..

If you have worked in the field as well as been a parent yourself, you should have also learned that everyone does things differently and unless someone is being mean or spiteful most are just looking for a way to keep everybody happy and do what's best for everyone.

The negativity towards the OP is unnecessary.
mommyneedsadayoff 09:17 AM 07-11-2015
I wasn't assuming, just questioning. Usually when someone comes on here unregistered and throws out things like "just a glorified babysitter" it sets off my troll radar Your comments were pretty rude, though, and the OP was just looking for advice, not a lecture.
Indoorvoice 11:10 AM 07-11-2015
I'm not upset or offended by your comment. Just confused about what your motive was to post on this thread under "Unregistered" and offer no useful commentary. I would have loved to hear your perspective as a parent and get your opinion on what I should have done. While certainly within your rights, as you keep pointing out, your hurtful comment about daycare providers on a board intended for daycare providers wasn't helpful in this situation. I'm just trying to understand why you chose to participate when you didn't have any advice to offer. If you'd actually like to add something helpful to the conversation, I would truly love to hear it. Until then, I will be over here not feeding into the drama any longer.
LeggoMyEggo 12:13 PM 07-11-2015
I was never being negative towards OP. I was not even talking about her in my initial comments, I was more talking about other posters and prior posts that I've read. Making a point that in the eyes of a lot of individuals on this forum a parent can never do right. They're d'ed if they do, d'ed if they don't. That's the point I was making.
I only addressed OP when she addressed me. So I'd advise to re read my comments as they were never to OP, more just in general. I have every right to believe, think, or say that a home daycare provider is a glorified babysitter as I did. And yes, I have owned my own home daycare and been a director and yes, that is still how I feel, even though I did it as well. I now work in a school along with others who have actual degrees to be considered "teachers". Sorry I just do not feel a provider is a "teacher" nor deserves the title of that. A lot of people including myself feel the same about the babysitter comment. Even some of the clients we serve in the childcare industry feel the same. Again, if you don't like how I feel, well it's my opinion. I'm not being or intending to be rude, you may feel that I am and that's fine. Most people mistake my bluntness for rudeness and that's fine. Take it how you like.
Unregistered 01:48 PM 07-11-2015
Unreg- I highly doubt you are a qualified teacher much less were ever a director! Sorry if you mistake this for rude! I'm just stating my opinion... Hun
LysesKids 02:25 PM 07-11-2015
I was never being negative towards OP. I was not even talking about her in my initial comments, I was more talking about other posters and prior posts that I've read. Making a point that in the eyes of a lot of individuals on this forum a parent can never do right. They're d'ed if they do, d'ed if they don't. That's the point I was making.
I only addressed OP when she addressed me. So I'd advise to re read my comments as they were never to OP, more just in general. I have every right to believe, think, or say that a home daycare provider is a glorified babysitter as I did. And yes, I have owned my own home daycare and been a director and yes, that is still how I feel, even though I did it as well. I now work in a school along with others who have actual degrees to be considered "teachers". Sorry I just do not feel a provider is a "teacher" nor deserves the title of that. A lot of people including myself feel the same about the babysitter comment. Even some of the clients we serve in the childcare industry feel the same. Again, if you don't like how I feel, well it's my opinion. I'm not being or intending to be rude, you may feel that I am and that's fine. Most people mistake my bluntness for rudeness and that's fine. Take it how you like.
I can guarantee that many of us have a degree that is teacher worthy; I actually worked in a school system years ago as a teacher, so being called a "glorified babysitter" when I have 2 degrees and am going for a 3rd a little condescending. I homeschooled my kids in states that required a minimum of a Bachelor degree, I worked in the courts/law offices for 15 years prior, so yes you sound rude to me
Blackcat31 05:28 PM 07-11-2015
Many on this forum will say I am pretty blunt as well and have no issue calling it how I see it but I learned a long time ago that blunt can be done with politeness and without condescension.

Originally Posted by LysesKids:
I can guarantee that many of us have a degree that is teacher worthy; I actually worked in a school system years ago as a teacher, so being called a "glorified babysitter" when I have 2 degrees and am going for a 3rd a little condescending. I homeschooled my kids in states that required a minimum of a Bachelor degree, I worked in the courts/law offices for 15 years prior, so yes you sound rude to me

I have a bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education (birth to grade 3) and am qualified to teach in public schools. I choose to work in family child care for many reasons. One of which is to avoid judgemental coworkers that feel they are above or better than those who work in different areas of childhood/education.

I also have an A.A.S in business, primarily in business/contract law and I do take offense to those who feel anyone is less than or better than simply because of a degree or lack of degree.
LysesKids 06:29 PM 07-11-2015
Many on this forum will say I am pretty blunt as well and have no issue calling it how I see it but I learned a long time ago that blunt can be done with politeness and without condescension.

I have a bachelor's degree in Early Childhood Education (birth to grade 3) and am qualified to teach in public schools. I choose to work in family child care for many reasons. One of which is to avoid judgemental coworkers that feel they are above or better than those who work in different areas of childhood/education.

I also have an A.A.S in business, primarily in business/contract law and I do take offense to those who feel anyone is less than or better than simply because of a degree or lack of degree.
... I have my reasons for working in childcare - one of which was having my husband killed 17 years ago.
I wasn't willing to have my career back then leave my children orphaned if I was to be killed on the job also
Unregistered 11:30 PM 07-11-2015

I didn't plan on having a family child care. I have a bachelor's degree and additional certificates for early childhood courses that I took. I continue to attend early childhood conferences in my state so I can have the current information in the early childhood field. I left my director position at a private preschool center to open a family child care with my sister so she could stay home with her child that she tried for many years to have. It is very insulting when someone calls what we do nothing more than a "glorified babysitter."
Missqjulie 02:50 PM 07-13-2015
Every parent comes with their issue. Like it was said above meet her at the door with the baby and his belongings. So long, see you later!
Thriftylady 02:53 PM 07-13-2015
"Hello Mrs. XXX. Here is your child and every other child you woke up in the process, have a nice afternoon I will tell their parents they can find their child having a great afternoon at your house".

Ok not really but it would be nice sometimes LOL
Unregistered 03:02 PM 07-13-2015
Absolutely IGNORANT comment about being glorified babysitter. Hmmm let me think about everything I TEACH EVERYDAY! How to use the bathroom, how to wash hands, how to play NICELY with others, patience, kindness, self-regulation, skills to build a lifetime of learning success, table manners, I could go on forever. Thank you for trying to damage and insult people who work HARDER...yes HARDER than you do as a "teacher". You probably get breaks and don't work over 40 hrs a week and have tons of coworkers and a director to back you up. We are a one man show and some of us do damn fine job and deserve YOUR respect and the respect of the families we work with. This post was not about the disruption of an early pick up (we put up with that stuff EVERYDAY). This was about a DCM not being a team player and treating DCP like a babysitter.

I'm sorry but don't babysitters come to your house, barely supervise your children, have their eyes glued to their cell phone, eat your food and likely contribute to a mess at your house.

Don't you dare call us babysitters. We work really freakin hard and if I wanna complain about a DCM who more than once stops in LATE with a fresh pedicure and tries to beg me not to charge her a late fee when she gets done work every day 3hrs before I close...I have every right. Your time is not more valuable than mine and if you disrespect that I'm gonna need to deal with it. And I MIGHT just need to talk to other providers about it to make sure I don't lose my cool and do something unprofessional.
Thriftylady 03:20 PM 07-13-2015
Absolutely IGNORANT comment about being glorified babysitter. Hmmm let me think about everything I TEACH EVERYDAY! How to use the bathroom, how to wash hands, how to play NICELY with others, patience, kindness, self-regulation, skills to build a lifetime of learning success, table manners, I could go on forever. Thank you for trying to damage and insult people who work HARDER...yes HARDER than you do as a "teacher". You probably get breaks and don't work over 40 hrs a week and have tons of coworkers and a director to back you up. We are a one man show and some of us do damn fine job and deserve YOUR respect and the respect of the families we work with. This post was not about the disruption of an early pick up (we put up with that stuff EVERYDAY). This was about a DCM not being a team player and treating DCP like a babysitter.

I'm sorry but don't babysitters come to your house, barely supervise your children, have their eyes glued to their cell phone, eat your food and likely contribute to a mess at your house.

Don't you dare call us babysitters. We work really freakin hard and if I wanna complain about a DCM who more than once stops in LATE with a fresh pedicure and tries to beg me not to charge her a late fee when she gets done work every day 3hrs before I close...I have every right. Your time is not more valuable than mine and if you disrespect that I'm gonna need to deal with it. And I MIGHT just need to talk to other providers about it to make sure I don't lose my cool and do something unprofessional.
See that is my idea of a "babysitter". I hate being called a "babysitter". I tell people I was a "babysitter" when I was in HS, went to the kids home, supervised the kids but had no experience really because I was not a parent or grandparent, had taken no classes except for CPR and first aid. I took care of and played with the kids, maybe watched TV with them. I fed them, put them to bed and then spent the rest of the evening on my homework, sometimes fell asleep on the sofa doing it. I do far more than that now. I try to teach something daily, we sing, we do arts and crafts. I do so much now as a "Daycare provider" that I never did as a "babysitter".
Unregistered 06:53 PM 07-13-2015
Hmmm I don't hv a degree however all of my kids are straight A students, started school ahead of their classmates and have never attended preschool. I guess that makes me one hell of a teacher.
Unregistered 03:54 PM 07-15-2015
We have signs posted that there is NO DROP OFF between 12 and 2 pm, they can come and pick up their children whenever they want. MOST parents wait until after nap to get their children.
Unregistered 04:19 PM 07-15-2015

And I have every right to feel the way that I do, say what I want to say and comment what I want to comment as well as you have every right to complain. If I want to complain, I can complain as well as I did. If you don't like it ok, cool, keep it moving, thanks! I really am not concerned to go back and forth as a lot of others, but you said it just right you have every right. Well I do too. If you don't like it, oh well, I will still continue to feel as I do.
Blackcat31 05:57 AM 07-16-2015
And I have every right to feel the way that I do, say what I want to say and comment what I want to comment as well as you have every right to complain. If I want to complain, I can complain as well as I did. If you don't like it ok, cool, keep it moving, thanks! I really am not concerned to go back and forth as a lot of others, but you said it just right you have every right. Well I do too. If you don't like it, oh well, I will still continue to feel as I do.
...we get it, you have an opinion.

For someone who doesn't want to go back and forth about it, you are sure doing a good job of it.

You are also misinformed about your rights....you DO have a right to an opinion but you do not have a right to continue expressing here it in such an unhelpful manner.

Its easy to come here and dump on the providers or post antagonizing remarks as unregistered.

The owner of this site allows for unregistered users to comment here but if you continue to act in a non-constructive manner, I will block further comments from you at my discretion.

If you want to register and provide constructive advice, support and information you are more than welcome to. Otherwise, let it go.

We got it already.
You think we are glorified babysitters.
You think everyone complains and
You are better than us.

Got it.
AmyLeigh 10:00 AM 07-16-2015
If I were to be in your situation, I would have said to dcm:

"Little Johnny isn't quite done napping yet. He should be up in about a half hour. So take a few minutes for yourself and chill. I'll let you know when he's up. A well rested mommy and a well rested baby will make for an enjoyable evening. See you later!"

All of my dcm's would love to receive a message like this.
MarinaVanessa 10:33 AM 07-16-2015
I'm curious how this all turned out. Did you two discuss things afterwards and squash it or is there still some awkwardness?
Indoorvoice 03:14 PM 07-16-2015
Op here! I actually dropped it with dcm and decided to talk to her about it only if she brought it up or if it became an issue again . I had the plan in place to have dcb all ready to go and waiting at the door if others were still sleeping and go from there. Today was another early pick up day for her. She texted me at 3:15 and asked if everyone was up and if she could come get dcb by 3:30! So it must have sunk in for her and everything went smoothly. As always I appreciate the helpful advice because now I have a plan in place and dcm doesn't feel like I'm keeping her child from her. A win for everyone involved!
Blackcat31 03:22 PM 07-16-2015
Op here! I actually dropped it with dcm and decided to talk to her about it only if she brought it up or if it became an issue again . I had the plan in place to have dcb all ready to go and waiting at the door if others were still sleeping and go from there. Today was another early pick up day for her. She texted me at 3:15 and asked if everyone was up and if she could come get dcb by 3:30! So it must have sunk in for her and everything went smoothly. As always I appreciate the helpful advice because now I have a plan in place and dcm doesn't feel like I'm keeping her child from her. A win for everyone involved!

sharlan 04:59 PM 07-16-2015
According to Merriam Webster -

Full Definition of TEACHER

1: one that teaches; especially : one whose occupation is to instruct

Don't we instruct all day long?
Tags:early pick up, early pick up myth, unannounced visits
Reply Up