Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Dry All Day?
Miss A 10:58 AM 12-21-2017
Almost 2 year old DCB arrived about 8:15 this AM, and despite drinking quite a bit over the course of the day. How concerned should I be, and what more can I do?
daycarediva 11:00 AM 12-21-2017
What time is it where you are?

Is he otherwise sick? Acting fine?

I have a couple that let the floodgates open at rest time.

If he wasn't wet after nap, I would contact a parent.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 11:02 AM 12-21-2017
I bet they have been working on some potty training at home and he will flood at nap time.

There was just a thread about this recently, but I can't find it again.
Miss A 11:07 AM 12-21-2017
I am in Iowa, currently 1:06 here. DCB has already taken a 2.5 hour nap, woke up bone dry, drank a cup of water and a cup of milk at lunch, checked after and still dry. Acting just fine, is in deeo imaginative play currently. Not fussy or whiney either. I sent a text to DCM, but she hasn't responded yet.
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 11:33 AM 12-21-2017
Originally Posted by Miss A:
I am in Iowa, currently 1:06 here. DCB has already taken a 2.5 hour nap, woke up bone dry, drank a cup of water and a cup of milk at lunch, checked after and still dry. Acting just fine, is in deeo imaginative play currently. Not fussy or whiney either. I sent a text to DCM, but she hasn't responded yet.
My son once went 36+ hours without eliminating. I was told at that point that it was considered a medical emergency. BUT we had been working on potty training pretty hard and I handed him a diaper and told him to go and he went.

I would definitely notify mom, may be some water play is in order (even if its just in the sink).
Ariana 12:45 PM 12-21-2017
This happens quite a bit in my house. I always thought it was strange and have mentioned it before but the parents didn't seem to care.
Reply Up