Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>SOO ANGRY and Upset
dEHmom 05:41 AM 08-03-2011
Ok, for those of you who might remember I have a dcb and his best friend was enrolled in march waiting to start in june. Then because of other reasons (medical) they decided a week before starting that they weren't going to be coming and mom wasn't going back to work.

I got notice this morning for my current ANGRY dcb (whew) that they are leaving in a month, and so I was sad, and dcd explains that the other mom decided to open a home daycare....fair enough, I totally understand going with your best friend and at least the boys get to be together.

I regularly check out competition ads on kijiji and stuff, and so I was curious about the other daycare in town now. So I checked out the ad, she created a daycare website on the same site I used, weebly. With a little help it's no longer a weebly.com site but just my daycare name.com that I have now.
ANYWHO.....I checked out this other moms ad and noticed that there were a lot of similarities in what she wrote so I compared to my site, and sure enough, she copied it, a few tweaks here and there, but some spots were word for word and sentence for sentence. so I went to her website, COPIED! She copied lots of stuff from my site and put it on hers.

I'm fuming and so I sent a text asking her why, because I worked hard on it, and it's not fair that she just gets to take it. I don't mind her using what I said and changing the words. Just as I have copied from all you ladies you are not my competition, and I arranged things differently, I reworded many things, and made it my own. But she directly copied, and she probably did that overnight, whereas I took months to change it all up and put my heart into it and make it mine.

I probably shouldn't have sent anything to her, but before I even realized it was her (she didn't put her name or street or anything on the ads or website, but when I clicked on the map sure enough it was her house that came up) I was ready to email and say something, then when I realized it was her I was really pissed.

I'm happy she decided to go for daycare, that's all cool with me, and I'm actually sort of happy that dcb gets to be with his best friend. I'm sad that he is leaving, but I would do the exact same thing. The difference is that this woman is ECE and all of that jazz which I am not. So she has that over me, but now that she copied my website I look like the one who copied it.
Tags:advertisement, advertising, business ethics, competition, websites
Up