Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>A letter to DCM Re: Gum...
SunshineMama 12:35 PM 06-17-2014
Dear DCM,

As a thank you for sending your 3 and 6 year olds to my home today with mouthfuls of gum, and not even mentioning it to me, (consequently having it end up in my carpet) I will be returning the favor. I have given each of your children a piece of Bazooka Joe extra sticky bubble gum. I might have forgotten to mention it to you as well.

See you tomorrow,

"The Daycare Lady"
MarinaVanessa 12:37 PM 06-17-2014

itlw8 12:48 PM 06-17-2014
are you sending a bill for getting the gum out?
midaycare 12:50 PM 06-17-2014
Oh grrr, seriously? Not cool dcm.
Leigh 12:53 PM 06-17-2014
Maybe tell them to put the gum in their pockets before they go home?

I make it VERY clear that gum (and all other outside food/treats/drinks) are not allowed. I know it is not kind nor professional, but I probably would find a way to pay back the favor. It's completely disrespectful to send a child to someone else's home with gum in their mouth (IMO, daycare age kids should not have gum ANYWHERE).
KiddieCahoots 01:11 PM 06-17-2014
....oh, so wrong!

Kids can't go to school with gum, why is it ok to go to child care with gum?

Definitely send her the bill to cover the damages.
SunshineMama 01:13 PM 06-17-2014
Originally Posted by itlw8:
are you sending a bill for getting the gum out?
lol I should. I can get it out. I like the "put it in your pocket" idea haha. (I wouldn't do that-tempting as it may be).
TickleMonster 03:17 PM 06-17-2014
Have one dcm who always gives her 3 year old gum. Atleast she is nice enough to make her spit it out as soon as she enters my house. She always makes us sound like the bad guys by saying, "Give me the gum sweetie. You can't have it here so I'll make sure to give you two pieces when I pick you up." Whatever dcm. Atleast its not getting in anyones hair or whatnot. Guess you just have to check these particular kids mouths every day when they show up. How annoying that a dcp can't seem to remember a few simple rules. Grrrrrr
Reply Up