Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Book Club - Reviews / Suggestions>Left Behind
dave4him 08:43 PM 10-21-2011
Anyone into this series of novels? Its written by Jerry Jenkins. Ten years ago there was a big message board forum based off the books. Its actually how i met my wife too.... online in two different states. Anyway its a cool series just wondering if anyone else has read it
Michael 09:51 PM 10-21-2011
Originally Posted by dave4him:
Anyone into this series of novels? Its written by Jerry Jenkins. Ten years ago there was a big message board forum based off the books. Its actually how i met my wife too.... online in two different states. Anyway its a cool series just wondering if anyone else has read it
You met you wife online? Wow, very cool.
dave4him 05:59 AM 10-22-2011
Yes indeed. We were both random people logged into the message board talking about the book series and other topics much like this board. People from all over the country and world.
Blackcat31 07:33 AM 10-22-2011
Loved that series!!! MY kids both read the kid version. I have all the books still and have read them twice.

I did watch the movie but as always, the movie is such a disappointment compared to the book.
momofsix 05:13 PM 10-22-2011
Me and my oldest DD read them way back when and loved them! They are different theologically than what we believe, but we still enjoyed them and thought we learned a lot from them. I remember the waiting was so hard for the next one to come out!
dave4him 05:28 PM 10-22-2011
I never liked the kid versions as much
cheerfuldom 08:09 AM 10-24-2011
I just bought the whole series in paperback to resell online. I read them years ago. Its worth reading once but I am not a huge fan.
My3cents 08:04 AM 05-28-2012
I read the first few and then lost interest. Reading puts me to sleep, so I would end up rereading the same paragraph over and over before I dropped off.
Good Books, I recommend.
SunshineMama 01:50 PM 05-28-2012
Originally Posted by dave4him:
I read the whole series a while back and loved it! Tim Lahaye (sp) wrote another series about an archaeologist who was seeking biblical clues to proove the existence of biblical history- loved that series as well but I can't remember the name of that series to save my life!

If you like those books, try reading This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness.
Michelle 06:30 PM 05-28-2012
We LOVED the series!
We even named our cats "Buck and Chloe"
My kids read the kids series and we have all the movies.

Countrygal 07:13 PM 05-28-2012
I read and at one time owned them all, but over the years they've been loaned out and many have not returned home....

It was a very good series.

I also really liked the Frank Peretti novels. My kids loved the cooper kids series.
Bookworm 07:19 PM 05-28-2012
I loved them. Have you tried "The Christ Clone Trilogy"? They are very good and a more scientific approach than "Left Behind".
SunshineMama 04:52 AM 05-29-2012
Originally Posted by Countrygal:
I read and at one time owned them all, but over the years they've been loaned out and many have not returned home....

It was a very good series.

I also really liked the Frank Peretti novels. My kids loved the cooper kids series.
I love Frank Peretti!
dave4him 04:13 PM 07-22-2012
Its funny how as a parent reading kids books, i realize how different books are teaching different things i never thought about before. Colors, animal sounds, they are so subtle
busymomof2 05:39 PM 07-22-2012
My husband and I read the whole series and I still cherish the books. A few years back I gave the first book as Christmas presents to friends. I even met one of the authors at a presentation he gave on the end of times.
dave4him 07:04 AM 08-05-2014
Next year marks the 20th anniversary of the Left Behind novel. I am going to get a cake and celebrate with my wife.
craftymissbeth 07:49 AM 08-05-2014
Yes! I never did finish the novels, but I got pretty close. It's funny you mention it because I actually just watched the first two movies with Kirk Cameron a couple weeks ago.
craftymissbeth 07:50 AM 08-05-2014
I guess you "mentioned" the series several years ago. Oops!
dave4him 08:50 AM 08-05-2014
Honestly I listened to the last few books via the Audio Drama which I highly recommend!
Tags:books
Reply Up