Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Baby Robins!
kidkair 04:17 PM 07-05-2011
The baby robins hatched on Sunday! I've loaded some short videos and pictures up on my facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Kid-Kair/179325095436477 One is getting so much bigger than the other. I'm pretty sure the smaller one hatched several hours later and was stuck in half his shell most of that day too. When I got up Sunday the first one was hatched and it's shell was cleared the second one was just getting out. Videos are picture only but the babies don't make any noise yet anyway.
kidkair 02:10 PM 07-07-2011
Update: Currently I am loading up a video that shows mom trying to stuff a very big worm into the smaller chick! Poor baby was sleep eating! Video should be up on my facebook page in 1/2 hour at the latest.
GretasLittleFriends 02:21 PM 07-07-2011
We watched a video that said it was posted yesterday. Mom feeds about 3 minutes in. My kids thought that was sooo cool. They are anxious to see the baby barn swallows here, but I suspect it will be a while before we see them.

Thanks for posting this!
GretasLittleFriends 02:27 PM 07-07-2011
We watched a video that said it was posted yesterday. Mom feeds about 3 minutes in. My kids thought that was sooo cool. They are anxious to see the baby barn swallows here, but I suspect it will be a while before we see them.

Thanks for posting this!
kidkair 03:55 PM 07-08-2011
Just got up today's video which has a feeding and clean up. And if you watch the big one's eyes they open up a little too. Also I figured out the pictures thing again!

kidkair 04:00 PM 07-08-2011
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:

Thanks for posting this!
You're welcome. We've had lots of fun watching them even just from the nest. We could actually hear the babies today during a feeding too! I can't keep the computer in the daycare because I don't have a good spot to plug it in that will keep the cord away from the toddler. I did show the baby eating the worm to a couple kids this morning though and they talked about it all day long!
Tags:nature based
Reply Up