Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>NYC Here I Come
godiva83 07:19 AM 10-21-2011
I am so excited my vacation is coming up in 11 days and we are heading to NYC (New York City)
I got tickets to the Nate Berkus show ( obsessed with him )

Anyway, where should I go, what should I see???
Where should I eat?? Any info would be appreciated
Zoe 08:43 AM 10-21-2011
No advice. I've never been. But if I did, I'd go window shopping at the ritsy part of town. Dare to dream!

Have fun!!!
Unregistered 10:48 AM 10-21-2011
Originally Posted by godiva83:
I am so excited my vacation is coming up in 11 days and we are heading to NYC (New York City)
I got tickets to the Nate Berkus show ( obsessed with him )

Anyway, where should I go, what should I see???
Where should I eat?? Any info would be appreciated
I would want to see 9/11,Big apple, statue of lib, Empire State Building,Macy's, The Brooklyn Bridge,Toy store- FAO Swartz, Trump plaza, and then skip over to NJ and see the Cake Boss

I would love to know of the off the chart things to see and do.....stuff the local's favor.
godiva83 11:39 AM 10-21-2011
As would I..

I forgot about FAO, I am forsure going to spend an hour there
We reserved a table at BLT steak house ( hells kitchen restaurant)
Cake boss mmm, delicous idea

Ofcourse statue of liberty, maybe the Metropolitan art museum
Central park, china town and some serious window shopping
Cat Herder 11:40 AM 10-21-2011
Bring me back some Venieros Cheesecake, please (East Village, 11th)
godiva83 11:49 AM 10-21-2011
Oh is that the cheesecake everyone raves about and was on friends
Michelle 11:51 AM 10-21-2011
statue of Liberty is closed for renovation
have fun and bring me back a cake from cake boss
mismatchedsocks 11:52 AM 10-21-2011
Just got back from there in Sept. I recommend it if you are going to be there more then a few days. Its pretty easy to follow and anyone who is from there will be more then happy to tell you where to get off and where to walk.

We took ferry to statue of liberty and ellis island. Was a nice few hours. Then went to top of Empire State building, was worth it! FAO is awesome, they even have the BIG piano that you can dance on.

Cake boss, I recommend to go there you do NOT take a cab. The cab drivers will charge you $50 because they cannot pick up passangers from NJ back to NY so they are losing out. there is a water taxi you can get for $2 each way. Look into that before hand if you can, we found it at night. But its worth it, yum! We also ate at a restaurant a few blocks from there "little family owned italian pizza place"

Times square was fun. We went at two different times of day, to see the different things. Also, drove past 9-11 area, but didnt go in, as it was really close to 9/11 when we went.

Any questions just ask, I will be more then happy to help!
Michael 11:53 AM 10-21-2011
(Take about three or four hours for this)
This time of year; Rockefeller Center, St Patrick's Cathedral, Radio City (all in the same area) Then walk up to Central Park 59th street. Take a horse and buggy ride into the Central Park. (The horses are usually best on the 5th Ave and 59th St corner IMO). Then walk to the West Side of the park to 59th and Columbus Circle. Trump Tower is there and also Lincoln Center is a block over. Some great places to have lunch around there so pick one with tables on the sidewalk and watch all the NYC fare walk by.

Do you or your husband like Brandy/Whisky? There is a great place called the Brandy Library south of Canal Street in the Tribecca area. Small, quaint with great ambiance and also great food. http://www.brandylibrary.com/sections2007/home.htm

I could go on and on. Lived there for 10 years and go back whenever I can. My friend owns www.NYC.com so make sure you check it out. You can get great info and tickets to Broadway there. Let me know if you need any more info or help.
Cat Herder 11:53 AM 10-21-2011
Maybe

I am not sure... I just know it was MY favorite. I ran in to get out of the rain once and was HOOKED.

I still pay handsomely to have it shipped overnight to my home a couple times a year ... YUM.
godiva83 11:59 AM 10-21-2011
So funny!

You guys are making me really excited I can't contain myself
Seems like I will be doing a lot of eating- yum
And walking so hopefully the walking will counteract the pizza, cake, and whiskey

I will check that site ASAP thanks Micheal
And perhaps surprise my DH with lunch at the Whiskey place- he is a fan
Cat Herder 12:11 PM 10-21-2011
Oh, and I'd recomend a "City Pass".

Worth EVERY penny if bumper cars are "not your thing".

Driving around is quite the adventure.
AfterSchoolMom 12:42 PM 10-21-2011
The cheesecake on Friends was from "Mamas Little Bakery" in Chicago.

(I'm a bit of a Friends buff)
Tags:new york, nyc - travel ideas, vacation
Reply Up