Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone Have A Parrot?
abigailrw5 11:33 AM 12-27-2011
I'm probably the only one. I have a quaker parrot. He talks, sings and laughs. He's also really loud during nap time so I have to cover his cage up and put him in my bedroom. Just wondering if anyone else has a parrot?
melskids 11:39 AM 12-27-2011
I have a battery operated one, does that count?! LOL

It repeats EVERYTHING the kids say, and it drives me nuts. I've since lost the batteries.
laundrymom 12:10 PM 12-27-2011
Here we can't have them.

But my mom has an amazon parrot. She had an African grey but he had to be rejoined to a home with no children or other pets. He was..... Possessive.
Blackcat31 03:04 PM 12-27-2011
Originally Posted by melskids:
I have a battery operated one, does that count?! LOL

It repeats EVERYTHING the kids say, and it drives me nuts. I've since lost the batteries.
Mine doesn't have batteries but has curly brown hair and is about 4 yrs old. He repeats EVERYTHING and I sometimes wish he would run out of batteries but is like the Energizer Bunny..... He is lucky he is so stinking cute and that I love him so......

OP~ Sorry, no real parrot here either.
sharlan 03:07 PM 12-27-2011
My niece has a cockatoo, but he lives outside in a large cage. (Gets covered up at night.)

All of the kids have been taught not to touch him unless my niece is holding him. He's very possessive of her, so everyone else stays away, far away. He's attacked all of the adults, but has never gone near the kids.

My niece treats him like a baby. She will even sit at the table with him on her shoulder and feed him off of her plate, lets him eat off of her fork or spoon. Obviously, I don't sit at the table when he's there, and neither does anyone else.
Qpmomma 06:27 AM 12-31-2011
OMG! No way! You have a quaker?!? I have had quakers for 10 years! I came up with my screen name "qpmomma" when I got my first quaker. The qp stands for "quaker parrot"!!!!

I also have an alexanderine. He's a handful, lol. I've had budgies, lovies, tiels, but quakers have my heart!
Mary Poppins 11:19 PM 01-07-2012
We have two Amazons and they are a hoot. Our male (3yo) likes to scream "Mom!" and "Mama!!" from upstairs while I'm down in the dc. Our female (40yo) has an incredible vocabulary and will mimic you on the spot. She also loves to say "What's up?" and if you repeat it to her, she cocks her head and says "Whasssuppp?" like she's so cool. It's just... well, hilarious.

We have an enormous glass enclosure for them in the dining room and we let the dc kids visit with them and they really get a kick out of them.

ETA: After falling in love with Bowie, now I want an Indian Ring Neck, too!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnVSNz_Q1wM
SimpleMom 07:06 AM 01-09-2012
I have a love Bird. We used to have two, but one passed on. They were really, really loud when they were together. Now, she's only super loud if the kiddos are. The kids can't hold her, but we talk and look at her when I am right with them. They absolutely love her!
abigailrw5 07:45 AM 01-09-2012
Love Bowie! We might get a youtube video up of Cesar our quaker!
Tags:nature based, parrot
Reply Up