Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wait, We Have A Life Outside Of Daycare?!
LindseyA 06:42 AM 05-06-2015
I ran into one of my dcg3 & her family at the grocery store last night. She was so surprised and just stared in disbelief that I actually go to the store too sometimes! Too cute
hope 07:07 AM 05-06-2015
My dcks saw me out last week and said "Miss Hope, you wear sneakers! I thought you only wore slippers!"

I do wear sneakers every day with them when we go outside to play but i guess they don't notice.
bklsmum 07:31 AM 05-06-2015
I think "life" would be a strong word when it comes to me.
Annalee 09:29 AM 05-06-2015
When I see kids out and I am dressed up, I get those stares. I usually pull my hair up in a ponytail so when they see it down they are amazed.
Cozy_Kids_Childcare 09:39 AM 05-06-2015
A few years ago I had dck and parent behind me waiting in line at a concert. I recognized the girl voice and turned around. It took them both a few seconds to figure out who I was. I look totally different during the day than I do when I go out.
Josiegirl 10:05 AM 05-06-2015
I disagree with you. At least in my case. I have no life outside of daycare. I live, breathe, sleep, work, talk, babble, shop daycare. And I challenge anyone who says this is such an easy job anybody could do it. Bets are on....

Haha, it is kind funny when I see dcks outside of daycare. They tend to hold their parents' hands tighter or hide behind them. I think they're afraid I'm going to drag them back off to daycare. Lol
jgcp 10:54 AM 05-06-2015
Ive had to recently explain to some of my dcp that I do, in fact, have a life other than sitting in my home waiting for them to pick up on time Its pretty sad that they would think im just here, so what does it matter if they are 30 min after closing time?
daycarediva 11:23 AM 05-06-2015
I had a dcp pay me late last Friday, he rang my doorbell after hours, which is a NO NO, I answered thinking it was dd's friends. NOPE. DCD. I was wearing a slinky/club dress ready to go out with dh. He stuttered over his words, apologized profusely, and then FORGOT TO HAND ME THE CHECK.

He paid me Monday morning(late fee included), but it's Wed and he still can't look me in the eye.
Unregistered 12:17 PM 05-06-2015
I ran into dcb2 with his mother at WalMart. He looked at me. Then looked at his mom and said, "Who is that?" His mom said, "That's Miss Caka." He didn't look like he believed us. As they were walking away, I heard him ask again, "Who is that?" His mom again said, "Miss Caka!" And little guy replied, "But where did her house go?"
AmyKidsCo 12:19 PM 05-06-2015
I ran into a DCB at the grocery store too. I felt really bad because he and DCD were in the check-out line right next to us and I was so busy talking to DH (and checking our calendar on my phone) that it was 10 min before I noticed DCB!
LindseyA 12:22 PM 05-06-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I had a dcp pay me late last Friday, he rang my doorbell after hours, which is a NO NO, I answered thinking it was dd's friends. NOPE. DCD. I was wearing a slinky/club dress ready to go out with dh. He stuttered over his words, apologized profusely, and then FORGOT TO HAND ME THE CHECK.

He paid me Monday morning(late fee included), but it's Wed and he still can't look me in the eye.
Too funny! Bet he won't do that again!
mduck 06:58 PM 05-07-2015
Kids are really funny like that. My own dd was very surprised to find that her pediatrician didn't LIVE at the clinic. I guess she thought they just slept on the exam tables or something. Ha,ha.
daycare 07:02 PM 05-07-2015
I have hair past my waist. But it's in. Bun every day so the kids don't ever see me with it down. One day I was on my way to a wedding and needed to pick up a card so I went to target. My hair was down heels in and wearing a dress.

I run into daycare family there and they give me a look like who are you. The parents quickly realize it's me but the kids just stare. Parents funny say, it's miss N say hi to her. Dck looks at me and says ohhhh I didn't know you had hair. Is that a wig. The parents and I died laughing. It was too cute.
DaveA 04:38 AM 05-08-2015
Oh yeah it either really messes with them and they want to hide or it's the exact opposite & they want to stay with me. Not sure which is worse.

The worst for me is if they see me at a craft fair or some event where I'm demonstrating. So I have a big fire going, wearing a leather apron and ball cap, and hammering glowing hot steel. They don't want to come to daycare the next day.

Almost as bad is when they realize that this is your job and you aren't just here to have fun and play with them for the heck of it.
Kabob 04:57 AM 05-08-2015
Originally Posted by daycarediva:

Good one!

I was talking to the kiddos about jobs and we talked about the jobs their parents have as well as why parents have to work (money for necessities and fun).

One of the kiddos pointed out I'm a mommy to my ds and dd and so she wanted to know what my job was. I told her daycare is my job. She looked confused for a moment and said "oh". Her mom picked up and she shouted "Mommy! She has a job just like you! Her job is daycare and she makes money so she can buy food and this whole house! " Well, now the cat is out of the bag...I do this for money!
Tags:daycare experiences
Reply Up