Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Annual Christmas Gift Thread 2018
Cat Herder 11:58 AM 12-21-2018
Thoughtful cards? Heartwarming Thank You notes? Sweet Treats? Share it <3 What did you receive this year?
amberrose3dg 12:03 PM 12-21-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Thoughtful cards? Heartwarming Thank You notes? Sweet Treats? Share it <3 What did you receive this year?
Fuzzy socks from a sweet 3 year old. She said she didnt want my feet cold.
Cat Herder 12:18 PM 12-21-2018
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
Dawww. Now that is too sweet.
lovemykidstoo 12:25 PM 12-21-2018
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
That is too sweet!

I've had a 3 day party going on here because not all the kids are here on the same day. So fun fun fun! I'm so tired though lol

Daycare fam 1: A gift certificate to a local spa for a 60 minute massage, manicure and pedicure and she also included a $25 tip.

Fam 2: Gift certificate for a gel nail manicure

Fam 3: A gift bag with a coffee mug, a box of candy and an oven mitt with a sugar cookie mix in it.

Fam 4: 2 foaming hand soaps from bath and body works and a cute ceramic soap holder and a bottle of wine

Fam 5: bottle of wine and a $25 gift card to a local restaurant that I frequent

Fam 6: an alex and ani bracelet with a coffee mug on it, a candy bar and one of those frozen drink bags.

Fam 7: $50 target gift card

Fam 8: $60 cash

Fam 9: 2 wine glasses with the shape of Michigan on them. That's the thing in Michigan in our area. The shape of our state on everything. Love it. Also a bottle of wine
Cat Herder 12:32 PM 12-21-2018
Wow, LMK2, that is quite the haul. Nice.
lovemykidstoo 12:43 PM 12-21-2018
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Wow, LMK2, that is quite the haul. Nice.
I know. It's one of the most generous years I have had. I have to add and I feel bad not adding it before, but 3 of those gifts also had cards with very touching notes written in them. They all made me tear up honestly.
DaveA 12:50 PM 12-21-2018
DCF1- amazon gift card, tray of homemade frozen cinnamon rolls, & jar of cookies & chocolate covered popcorn.

DCF2 always buys gifts for my own kids.
Ac114 12:54 PM 12-21-2018
Family 1: a basket with an assortment of ghiridelli chocolates

Family 2: fuzzy blanket, fuzzy socks, bottle of wine, chocolates

Family 3: chalk board with a very thoughtful poem saying thank you for caring for her child with a 25 giftcard to city bbq

Family 4: gift basket 5 bath and body works candles, a wall flower with 3 refills, perfume from Victoria secret, an assortment of hand soaps and lotions also from bath and bottle works, a bottle of wine, a giant mug with a 25 giftcard to Starbucks

I was blown away by the appreciation my families showed me in their gifts.
Rockgirl 12:36 PM 12-21-2018
$50 Amazon gift card, $100 cash, nice scented candle, spa gift card. I really treasure the cards hand-written by parents (okay, moms), though. I feel appreciated.
BumbleBee 03:21 PM 12-22-2018
F1: gift certificate for massage, chocolates, headband, tervis cup
F2: gift card for red lobster
F3: hand towel set & the dck's favorite animal crackers.
F4: cash
F5: gift certificate for massage
F6: gift card for Target & homemade goodies
F7: Himalayan salt lamp, homemade goodies, gift card for red lobster
F8: homemade bath salts, chocolate, gift card to Burger King.
F9: 100 pc stamp set for the daycare, gift certificate for massage.

To say I was spoiled would be an understatement! And sidenote, I get a massage every month, hence all the certificates for them 😀
Sunchimes 11:51 AM 12-27-2018
I just have 2 families, plus a family who aged out and will be back for school break next week.

Family #1. I have taken care of both of their kids with a baby joining us in the Spring. A gorgeous plush blanket and a very generous gift card.

Family #2, a poinsettia and a nice gift card. In a first for me, one set of grandparents and a great-grandparent teamed up to get me a couple of nice gift cards

Family #3 will be here next week. They have always done such lovely things. They are more like family than clients.
Tags:christmas gifts, gifts from children, gifts from parents
Reply Up