Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Need Some Quick Advice
Angelwings36 06:16 AM 03-13-2012
I have had one family all year that keeps on forgetting to bring the children's outdoor winter clothing. Finally the grandma bought a set to leave at the daycare. Yesterday we were playing outside at the end of the day and their clothing got wet and dirty. When dad picked up I told him that he would have to wash up their clothing and return it to me this morning. I DO NOT DO OTHER'S LAUNDRY. Now I am worried that grandma (who does the drop off) will forget to bring their winter clothing this morning and we are planning on spending a great deal of time outside today as it is suppose to be really warm and melting. I have in my contract that I have a right to refuse a child if they do not come prepared to play outside in the weather conditions. So I want to send grandma back home with both children to get their winter stuff if she forgets to bring it. We are also planning on going outside within 30 minutes of them being dropped off this morning. That means everyone dressed and out the door. Anytime in the past that I have had a problem in the morning grandma has said there is nothing she can do about it and I have to call their dad. I do not want to do that this morning as I don't want to wait an hour to an hour and a half for their winter clothing. I guess what I need here is some backbone and advice. They will be here in 30 mins. Thanks.
Breezy 06:22 AM 03-13-2012
Its not your problem if they forget to bring winter stuff. I would tell grandma that unfortunately if the kids do not have proper attire for your activities today then they can not attend until they have said attire.
Daycare Diva 11:20 AM 03-13-2012
How'd it turn out?
daycare 11:25 AM 03-13-2012
follow your own rules.

If a child does not have the necessary supplies to attend care, you turn them away at the door. They don't come back until they have the items needed.

I have done it to two families. OH boy were they mad, but they never did it again.

I bet you if you did it once they won't do it again......
bice99 11:27 AM 03-13-2012
My neighbor showed up with 9 m/o this morning. He had to bring 2 outfits yesterday b/c she was wet through her pants at arrival and I realized she didn't have any pants here. So then she had a poopy leak during nap. So she used both new pairs of pants. Mom left for Mexico City on a business trip at 6 am this morning. Dad shows up at 8 without any pants! I asked about it and he said, "oh, I'll bring them tomorrow. I'm washing them right now." I'm pretty sure this family would have more than those 2 pair of pants and that mama caught up on the laundry before she left. So if baby girl leaks today, guess who's getting a call to come get her?
DaisyMamma 12:01 PM 03-13-2012
I have a kid that shows up without shoes. I bought a pair at goodwill for $1 and yesterday he wore them home. Guess who came with no shoes today? And another kid showed up with no coat, wearing jelly shoes
MrsB 09:39 PM 03-13-2012
Originally Posted by lymemomma:
I have a kid that shows up without shoes. I bought a pair at goodwill for $1 and yesterday he wore them home. Guess who came with no shoes today? And another kid showed up with no coat, wearing jelly shoes
Why did you not send him back home with no shoes?
MrsB 10:05 PM 03-13-2012
I always keep extras here of most sizes (no guarantee it will be the right gender though ) I have put boys in a pink barbie shirt or girls wearing batman rain boots. But I dont ever send them home with my stuff. Sending kids home in their underwear or with no shirt usually cures mom or dad of forgetting the first time. I have even had mom say can I please take those pants home this one time. Sure if you are willing to pay for them. That will be $5.

I have had a few issues surrounding this over the years. I have always thought about giving the parents at contract signing the option to either provide outfits for all weather options including snow suits, shoes, and rain boots and be turned away at the door if forgetten or pay a $75 stocking fee per year and I provide the gear for here at daycare. I am sure some of my parents would rather just pay the fee.
Tags:parents - are clueless, winter cloths
Reply Up