Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Last Day Of Week, Thank Goodness!
melissa ann 03:23 PM 12-23-2010
This morning, the newest dcg (since Sept) showed up as we were leaving for the bus stop. Mom said are you going to the bus stop. I said yes. There's school today. Some school districts in the county had off today. So she's taking out girls 2 blankets, duffel bag, insulated bag (all these things are not needed as I provide everything) She had to get the girls winter coat on, and she had 5 gifts bags for our party. She had a bag for each of my kids, and the 2 other dcks so I assumed the 5th was for me. NO! it was for her daughter so she wouldn't feel left out. what the crap! The other dcks plus myself gave her gifts too. It wasn't like she wasn't going to get anything. Then when the other family showed up, mom was sorting out the presesnts. Dcm said wait, no. Here the 3yr old girl was opening my present. I told her, did anyone tell you to open it? She said no. I said you do not open/touch anything that is not yours. I said, when we open our presents later, I will open one of yours, since you opened mine. She yelled NO. I was like, you do not yell at me, or say no to me. When I told the her mom what happened, she got annoyed with me. Anyway, back to the beginning of the post, I said, we have 2 mins to get to the bus stop. We have to leave. Mom seemed annoyed too. We got to the bus stop with like 60 seconds to spear. More than once we've been to the bus stop when she shows up. Really thinking of terming this family. She's only part-time. But these past 4 months have been horrible. The other dcks and my own haven't blended too well. The other dcks and my kids act like siblings.
Lucy 06:25 PM 12-23-2010
Originally Posted by melissa ann:
she had 5 gifts bags for our party. She had a bag for each of my kids, and the 2 other dcks so I assumed the 5th was for me. NO! it was for her daughter so she wouldn't feel left out. what the crap! The other dcks plus myself gave her gifts too. It wasn't like she wasn't going to get anything.
I have a mom that's the same way. Mom buys stuff for all the kids, PLUS something for her own two kids so they won't feel left out. I agree with what you said ... "what the crap!" LOL. All the other kids, and I, give her two kids gifts as well, and the other kids don't get one from their own parent, so it ends up that these two siblings get 5 gifts while the other kids get 4. I roll my eyes every year when this mom does this.
Tags:tgif
Reply Up