Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Judge Judy Case
Oneluckymom 11:23 AM 01-30-2013
Anyone know when it's airing?
Lucy 11:28 AM 01-30-2013
It's looking like this Friday for most people. In my area, they show 2 repeats each day, followed by a new one. Check your listings carefully for what time the NEW show comes on each day.

The on-screen guide on my TV shows that it is airing this Friday.

More info to read on the last several posts in this thread: https://www.daycare.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58503
Oneluckymom 12:18 PM 01-30-2013
thanks, i'll check again. I didn't see it listed.
Springdaze 06:12 PM 01-31-2013
my dvr doesnt say its that one, but i saw the preview and i cant wait!!
Kaddidle Care 04:58 AM 02-01-2013
It's on CBS here at 4:00! I can't wait to see it! Even made a note for myself so I wouldn't forget. Important stuff!
Lilbutterflie 05:23 AM 02-01-2013
Yay! My guide is not showing the details of the new episode today, but I have it set to record all new episodes. Finally! We've been waiting a while!
laundrymom 06:01 AM 02-01-2013
I set my dvr for it too. Lol. I'm anxious to sign on tonight and see all the posts!
Kimberli 06:23 AM 02-01-2013
Okay ... several people called me yesterday and said that here in So. Cal. where I am, the preview trailer for today's episode that they showed at the end of yesterday's show was the case I was involved in. Looks like it may actually be on today, so ... check it out if you get the chance!
Zoe 06:25 AM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by Kimberli:
Okay ... several people called me yesterday and said that here in So. Cal. where I am, the preview trailer for today's episode that they showed at the end of yesterday's show was the case I was involved in. Looks like it may actually be on today, so ... check it out if you get the chance!
Here in MN the same preview came on. A couple were questioning Judge Judy about an 18 month old causing harm to other children as if it were a crazy idea and Judge Judy quickly put them in their place. I'm excited!
Kimberli 06:38 AM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by Zoe:
Here in MN the same preview came on. A couple were questioning Judge Judy about an 18 month old causing harm to other children as if it were a crazy idea and Judge Judy quickly put them in their place. I'm excited!
They asked us not to discuss our appearance or case publicly (I am thinking just until it is aired), but ... I seriously wanted to kiss JJ when my case was over. I didn't speak 4 words ... I didn't have to. JJ came out and lectured them for a full 20 minutes and walked off the stand. It was so refreshing to have someone validate what we as providers go through when we have such a lack of parenting support from home!

And as a follow up note, although this family has continued to slander me to anyone who will listen - my business is thriving, I am currently fully enrolled, and every parent who I have had to show the citation I received because of this woman's crazy over-exaggerations thinks that it is ridiculous. They sign and laugh.

The silver lining on this cloud is that she gave me the inspiration for a side business I am working to launch soon. Just goes to show that every challenge in your life can actually be an opportunity in disguise!

Happy Friday!
daycare123 06:38 AM 02-01-2013
what channel is it on?
Kimberli 06:48 AM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by daycare123:
what channel is it on?
Here it is CBS ... but networks are on different channels in different places.
Blackcat31 06:50 AM 02-01-2013
They asked us not to discuss our appearance or case publicly (I am thinking just until it is aired), but ... I seriously wanted to kiss JJ when my case was over. I didn't speak 4 words ... I didn't have to. JJ came out and lectured them for a full 20 minutes and walked off the stand. It was so refreshing to have someone validate what we as providers go through when we have such a lack of parenting support from home!

And as a follow up note, although this family has continued to slander me to anyone who will listen - my business is thriving, I am currently fully enrolled, and every parent who I have had to show the citation I received because of this woman's crazy over-exaggerations thinks that it is ridiculous. They sign and laugh.

The silver lining on this cloud is that she gave me the inspiration for a side business I am working to launch soon. Just goes to show that every challenge in your life can actually be an opportunity in disguise!

Happy Friday!

makap 07:09 AM 02-01-2013
I am in Ontario Canada and it is airing today at 4 30 on FOXEHD

I have been very anxious to watch this.

I am so happy for you Kimberli!
Oneluckymom 09:09 AM 02-01-2013
Can't Wait!!!
countrymom 09:16 AM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by makap:

yup I'm watching it at 430 too.
DayCareDiva30 09:39 AM 02-01-2013
I have my dvr set to record it at 6:30pm. I cant wait to watch it!
Lianne 09:41 AM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by makap:

I'm in Ontario, too. It's airing on Rogers, on Fox, in the Brantford area at 6:30
Zoe 09:53 AM 02-01-2013

Happy Friday!

That's wonderful! It's always such a fear of mine that if I anger a client and they complain about me to people then I'm finished. It's refreshing to see that there are cases where the parents are clearly in the wrong and it doesn't matter what they say. I'm so happy for you!
MarinaVanessa 10:48 AM 02-01-2013
OMG I read this thread and re-checked my DVR recordings just to make sure that I was all set to record the show. Ever since I heard about the case airing I've been recording all of the Judge Judy shows just to make sure that I didn't miss it . I'm envious of those of you that will get to watch it when it airs ... I'll have to wait until after DC but I already have popcorn ready so excited ... isn't that silly.
spud912 01:14 PM 02-01-2013
I can't wait for 4:30! I'm so happy for you, Kimberli!
melilley 01:20 PM 02-01-2013
It's on now, I'm in MI!!
wahmof3 01:47 PM 02-01-2013
I watched it

e.j. 01:52 PM 02-01-2013
Just watched it. OH MY! I was concerned for you when you said you were going on the show but I guess I had no reason to worry! WOW! I'll bet you're glad she's someone else's problem now.
MarinaVanessa 01:54 PM 02-01-2013
Don't give it away yet ... it doesn't come on here for another 2 hours !!
MissAnn 01:56 PM 02-01-2013
It was awesome. A parent picked up late, my husband called and a parent called with a complaint about dry hands all during it.......but I watched it!
Kimberli 02:05 PM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by e.j.:
Just watched it. OH MY! I was concerned for you when you said you were going on the show but I guess I had no reason to worry! WOW! I'll bet you're glad she's someone else's problem now.
Absolutely!

... feel nothing but concern for her son, though.
LaLa1923 02:08 PM 02-01-2013
I'm so happy everything worked out, as it should've. Those parents were ridiculous!
However, I must thank the provider and judge judy for a valuable lesson learned!!
From now on, any verbal communication will be in WRITING. It will be signed by the parent and the provider! This can also help toward my three strikes your out rule.

I didn't know the parent is responsible for their child when they are in their presence?? Is this just a CA thing?? I know if a child was hurt on the property in the presence of the parent they might want compensation...
e.j. 02:08 PM 02-01-2013
Absolutely!

... feel nothing but concern for her son, though.
I can see why you would.
NeedaVaca 02:13 PM 02-01-2013
Ha Ha, that was awesome!
daycare123 02:17 PM 02-01-2013
it wasn't on here
Michael 02:23 PM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by daycare123:
it wasn't on here
Hopefully it will YouTube and we can include it in the thread as a learning lesson for others.
Kimberli 02:25 PM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by LaLa1923:
I didn't know the parent is responsible for their child when they are in their presence?? Is this just a CA thing?? I know if a child was hurt on the property in the presence of the parent they might want compensation...
Exactly what I would think also, as the child is flailing around over my tile entry way ... but my licensing analyst said the same thing too ... when Mom or Dad are present, we are not to take charge of the child. Yet another catch 22 that leaves California providers vulnerable - if they let their kid get hurt on your property, you can bet they would sue.
MarinaVanessa 02:32 PM 02-01-2013
Exactly what I would think also, as the child is flailing around over my tile entry way ... but my licensing analyst said the same thing too ... when Mom or Dad are present, we are not to take charge of the child. Yet another catch 22 that leaves California providers vulnerable - if they let their kid get hurt on your property, you can bet they would sue.
I had help from attorneys when I drafted my contract and handbook (im in CA) and one way to help with this issue is to add a clause in your contract/handbook that says that when the parent is present they are in charge of their children and must be in control of the child. Unless the child trips on a toy when a DC is extremely messy or hurts themselves because of something hazardous that you could have prevented then there is a very small chance that you would be found at fault. CA is funny like that.
Bookworm 02:41 PM 02-01-2013
I just watched and I have to say, if mom is a social worker wouldn't she know what cruel and unusual punishment is. She spent the whole time making excuses and not even attempting to recognize her role regarding his behavior. I think JJ showed a lot of restraint because it looked like she was ready to come off that bench. I'm very happy for you, Kimberli. You deserved it.
nanglgrl 02:46 PM 02-01-2013
I missed the first 5 minutes! It's awesome though. I think JJ might put them in time out.
sunlight 02:47 PM 02-01-2013
Kimberli I couldn't find your case on my local station today on jj. Thank you for letting us know the outcome. YOU GO GIRL! You mentioned it sparked a side business idea. Curious if you could share?
If not no problem. I'm just curious. So happy for you!
Heidi 02:47 PM 02-01-2013
Good job Kimberli! Glad it worked out for you. Cool to watch one of "us" on TV, too!
laundrymom 02:52 PM 02-01-2013
Ok, my 11yr old is freaking out.
She's yelling @ the tv.

"are you that dumb? Really? She's a daycare! You can't let kids hit. Really, you don't argue with a judge! You are an idiot".

Ok yes she's the youngest of 4, she says idiot. Lol

My question is

For OP,
How on earth did you maintain composure when JJ reamed the DCM?

??????? I could not do it

Oh and you are gorgeous by the way. Love your hair!
Patches 02:52 PM 02-01-2013
Oh man! It was awesome! You could tell JJ had her mind made up from the beginning. I'm so happy she saw how ridiculous these parents were being but it's sad that she couldn't get through to them
melilley 02:54 PM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Ok, my 11yr old is freaking out.
She's yelling @ the tv.

"are you that dumb? Really? She's a daycare! You can't let kids hit. Really, you don't argue with a judge! You are an idiot".

Ok yes she's the youngest of 4, she says idiot. Lol

My question is

For OP,
How on earth did you maintain composure when JJ reamed the DCM?

??????? I could not do it

Your daughter is funny! And I agree with everything you said!
Patches 02:54 PM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I was thinking the same thing.
MyAngels 03:32 PM 02-01-2013
I just watched it, too. It speaks volumes that you didn't even have to say anything, really, Kimberli . I just wanted to smack that mom upside the head, so I can't even imagine how JJ felt when it was clear she just wasn't getting through.

When JJ first said the child's name I though she said "Damien" (as in the Omen) and I thought, really? - no way . Later I realized the name was Damon.
mema 03:40 PM 02-01-2013

Good show
Lilbutterflie 03:50 PM 02-01-2013
I recorded all new episodes of Judge Judy today, and it wasn't on.
I am so bummed!!
justgettingstarted 04:18 PM 02-01-2013
Just watched it, so good! I love how JJ cuts through the cr@@ and goes by what happened and not so much by what the people are saying because either of you could have been lying in a situation like this. The fact that you asked them to leave, not the other way around, really does say it all. I had to laugh when mom expressed disbelief that an 18 month old could harm someone. I had a 13 month old several months back that would smack his mom across the face at almost every pick up - hard enough to leave a red mark. They were asked to leave too

Am I alone in saying that the mom was unbelievably annoying? I don't think I could stand listening to that voice everyday at pick up/drop off. I don't know how you did it for 6 months Kimberlie!
Bookworm 04:56 PM 02-01-2013
Originally Posted by MyAngels:
I just watched it, too. It speaks volumes that you didn't even have to say anything, really, Kimberli . I just wanted to smack that mom upside the head, so I can't even imagine how JJ felt when it was clear she just wasn't getting through.

When JJ first said the child's name I though she said "Damien" (as in the Omen) and I thought, really? - no way . Later I realized the name was Damon.
My daughter thought the same thing. I loved how she ripped her a new one.
crazydaycarelady 07:21 PM 02-01-2013
Haha...watched it.....loved it.....way to go Kimberli and thank you Judge Judy!
cheerfuldom 07:35 PM 02-01-2013
anybody know where we can watch online?
Maddy'sMommy 07:36 PM 02-01-2013
Just watched it with my husband. He thought it was ridiculous that she wanted 6 months of fees back. Glad it worked out for you!
Kimberli 08:10 PM 02-01-2013
You guys are making me laugh!

I got to watch it today too. I will say that quite a bit was cut out, but honestly what wasn't shown was just more of Judy trying to impart some clarity and responsibility into Mom and Dad.

I can tell you that this Mom was very cordial and never a problem UNTIL I termed her son. She says she is an 'educated social worker' who understands the developmental stages of childhood ... but in reality, she spent so MANY afternoons sitting on my playroom floor asking how to deal with every aspect of raising her son from feeding, to behavior problems to even asking me when I thought it was warm enough to put him into summer pajamas. She was totally lost and overwhelmed as a first time Mom, and clearly had a lot of her own issues. I really extended myself trying to be helpful and supportive - and in the end, she just acted out from a very wounded place. She is still such a little girl herself.

I really hope that something happens to wake her up soon - for her son's sake. He is a very smart, handsome, charming little man who has no idea how to control his own behavior because no one is guiding him on what is and is not appropriate. Mom is afraid to tell him no, Dad is completely hands off and laid back. It's not the best combo for a child with a very strong will - but I still hope for the best for him.

Thanks to all of you for all your encouragement and positive comments!!! This community got me through the frustration and fear I felt when I was in the middle of this situation ... you made walking through it a lot easier.

Oneluckymom 08:16 PM 02-01-2013
Omg!!!

IT WAS AWESOME!!!!! JJ was onto exactly what those parents were doing to you. Seriously when that mom said I'm a professional social worker, I thought to myself no wonder Kimberly has been through hell.....that mom pulled some serious strings through the county to get those violations, etc.

You were awesome and looked as cool as a cucumber
MissAnn 08:41 PM 02-01-2013
I want to watch it again but I don't have DVR! I'm glad I got to see it though and Kimberli thanks for making home childcare programs look professional which is kind of a rarity in the media!
mom2many 09:10 PM 02-01-2013
I just want to say you "rock"! I sat there watching the episode and was so glad to see mom being put in her place and you finally receiving validation. This whole thing was so incredibly ridiculousness and I know it was super stressful and horrible when licensing previously sided with her. This is where I find CA regs and some of the licensing analysts failing big time! Obviously JJ didn't think you had done anything wrong...This speaks volumes!

Being in this profession for as long as I have, I have seen so many HUGE and HORRIBLE fails in regards to the state being professional and having incompetent people "attempting" to dictate how we should do our job. You need to stand proud and realize this mom was crazy and I'm sorry you had to deal with all of her negativity, but you truly did nothing wrong and I was super happy to see JJ side with you!
Michelle 09:15 PM 02-01-2013
Just watched it and I have to say Kimberli that you really are a true professional!
I loved how you were able to explain later that she put him on a time out in your house and you finally got to speak although JJ did a great job educating the "educated" social worker.

Good Job!
Kaddidle Care 10:12 PM 02-01-2013
My friend, my oldest son and I thoroughly enjoyed that show today. Oh my! You won without saying a word but clarifying the "over a tile floor" showed you were concerned for his safety.

I have to admit that when they said his name we all burst out laughing.

Hopefully when the Mom watches this she will realize what JJ was telling her and maybe it will sink through the 2nd time.

If you watch it again take note of JJ's neck. About half way through her rising blood pressure is giving her a lovely color!

The only thing that was missing was JJ's ruling that they pay for your day out of work. That would have been nice.

Congrats Kimberli!
Lyss 10:41 PM 02-01-2013
I was sooo excited to watch this! I finally got time tonight!! Yay!! Kimberli I'm so happy for you! JJ was totally wise to the game those parents were trying to play!

Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
I have to admit that when they said his name we all burst out laughing. Congrats Kimberli!
I must have missed it if they said his name at the beginning because when i heard it the first time it was from JJ and I thought that she was making a snide comment about the devil child lol! But then later I saw the name on the captions and couldn't believe it!!!

Originally Posted by MissAnn:
I'm glad I got to see it though and Kimberli thanks for making home childcare programs look professional which is kind of a rarity in the media!
I agree with all these comments!

Congrats on the victory!
MissAnn 10:46 PM 02-01-2013
Wonder if new childcare provider watched it. Wonder what she thought? Wonder if she's thinking of terming? Guess she heard a whole new version of the story on Judge Judy!
nanglgrl 01:24 AM 02-02-2013
I found a link to old episodes. It doesn't show this episode yet but the last one they have on there aired 5 weeks ago. Maybe in 5 weeks it will show up? Does anyone else know where to watch it? I missed the first few minutes.

http://www.tv.com/shows/judge-judy/
daycarediva 05:46 AM 02-02-2013
I would love to watch it but don't have DVR either.
lovemykidstoo 06:36 AM 02-02-2013
Originally Posted by Lilbutterflie:
I recorded all new episodes of Judge Judy today, and it wasn't on.
I am so bummed!!
Wasn't on here either. I'm really disappointed! If anyone sees it somewhere else youtube etc, please let us know! Glad you won though!!
Kaddidle Care 07:53 PM 02-02-2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7M0krGDwnU
ashleyh 08:45 PM 02-02-2013
thanks for posting!
Oneluckymom 10:09 PM 02-02-2013
Originally Posted by MissAnn:
Wonder if new childcare provider watched it. Wonder what she thought? Wonder if she's thinking of terming? Guess she heard a whole new version of the story on Judge Judy!
Good question. I wondered this too.
Meyou 02:59 AM 02-03-2013
That was good! Congrats Kimberli. I'm so, so glad it all worked out and this Mom finally had someone tell her to step up and parent.
daycarediva 06:58 AM 02-03-2013
Congratulations! That mother was RIDICULOUS! I fail to understand how CLUELESS some parents can be. What about the rights of the other children not to be harmed by her child???

Thank you for posting the link!

My dh & dd are all riled up! YES an 18mo can REALLY hurt other children!
AfterSchoolMom 07:31 AM 02-03-2013
Wow, that was great. Congrats! Unfortunately, it's obvious that this Mom doesn't get it and most likely never will. Dad was unusually quiet. Did he get to speak at all?
MarinaVanessa 11:19 AM 02-03-2013
Originally Posted by AfterSchoolMom:
Wow, that was great. Congrats! Unfortunately, it's obvious that this Mom doesn't get it and most likely never will. Dad was unusually quiet. Did he get to speak at all?
He didn't speak really but I think he got the gist of what JJ was saying. JJ at one point did say to him "I know you get it, but she isn't getting it" or something like that.

In all hosetly I think that this DCM (being that she was a social worker) would know to ask about the DC provider's method of discipline and if she wasn't comfortable with a time-out for an 18mo then she should have chosen a different DC. It's still the responsibility of the DCP to ask these questions since they are so important.

I also think that JJ took Kim's side because the DCM was suing for the return of all DC payments of all 5 months that the DCB was in DC. Obviously the DCM didn't think that there was a problem with the service she was being provided up until when Kim terminated her. Then that's when the DCM had a problem with it, she even said so. DCM never pulled her own child out, she brought him back.

Also the fact that Kim refunded the DCM for the rest of the week that she had already paid and she wasn't required to do so, she was courteous about it, showed good good faith. The DCM only paid for the days that the child was in DC and nothing more. I really think that this was the main reason why DCM lost her case. he sounded like a slighted DCM out to get revenge.

I LOVE the fact that Kim didn't have to say hardly anything at all and that DCM pretty much made Kim's case for her. The more DCM talked the more she sounded like on of those mom's that say "Someone's to blame but it's never me and never my sweet little angel". I love how the DCM tried saying that Kim never made her aware of the situation (sarcasm). These are the cases where a DC provider talks to a DCP about an issue and the DCP doesn't take is seriously or doesn't think it's a big deal then when they get terminated they are shocked.

All in all I did learn something however. I learned that when a child misbehaves when in my DC and the DCP is present that I should correct the DCP and not the child. I have learned from Kim's experience not to correct the child unless the DCP isn't present.
safechner 06:02 PM 02-03-2013
I just watched it. I couldn't believe about daycare mom. She doesn't get it at all!!! I am so glad JJ is taking Kim's side and it seems like she knows about daycare policies! Daycare mom didn't want to listen what JJ had to say because she thinks she is right for that reason. She is an idiot!! Sorry....

I had a feeling that daycare dad knew about it, that is why he didn't said anything at all in court. It seems like he is letting his wife whatever she wants or what she believes. To be honest, I do agree with Kim's case!

Congrats!!!
Fruitloops1 06:35 PM 02-03-2013
I saw it this morning on youtube. It was GREAT! I am so happy for you. JJ saw the mom for what she was and you barely said anything. SO happy it went well and you are doing great now. Hopefully mom opens her eyes so she can help out her son.
sahmprovider 01:02 PM 02-08-2013
Dang, I missed it also, and the youtube video was taken down. Let me know if you all find the episode online somewhere else!
Michael 01:09 PM 02-08-2013
Originally Posted by sahmprovider:
Dang, I missed it also, and the youtube video was taken down. Let me know if you all find the episode online somewhere else!
I figured. Probably and copyright and licensing issue.

If Youtube could just copy everyone's show it would be the end of syndication and advertisement on that syndication.
Tags:judge judy
Reply Up