Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Toddler Poops in the Shower and Then.....
Oneluckymom 11:42 PM 09-28-2012
her dad makes a sign that reads "I pooped in the shower and my daddy had to clean it up. I hereby sign this as permission to use in my yearbook senior year". That's bad enough but then he posts it ONLINE...for the world to see

Ian at a loss for words. Why is SHAMMING your child the new trend among parents today. I would not even dream of treating my own child this way. I love my babies waaaay too much.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/blackb...tml?id=1923158
missjenny 01:27 AM 09-29-2012
Wow. Just wow. You know I understand sending your kid back into the store to return and apologies for steeling a candy bar when they are old enough to know steeling wrong but shamming a toddler? For going potty no less.

Sorry for typos. Kindle is not easy to type on.
Willow 06:35 AM 09-29-2012
Shaming??

Hardly.

The child is smiling and obviously amused even if she doesn't quite understand what's going on. This is obviously meant as a joke, not some sort of punishment such as those handed down to by judges that forces teens to stand out on a street corner next to their school saying they did drugs and still suck their thumb.

I'm not a fan of posting any pictures of my children on the internet unless it can be set to private and only shared with a select group of people but beyond that I found this HILARIOUS lol. I will rarely leap from my chair with my laptop to go run off and show my husband a bitty on the internet but for this I did and he cracked up too.

I highly doubt dad will have it posted it in her yearbook but even if he did big whoop. There are ones I've seen of kids actually on their little potty seats reading newspapers, dressed in their dads underwear, naked sitting in a mud puddle and such. The vast majority of people see the humor in the goofy childhood pictures, get a chuckle out of them and them move on. The seniors will usually roll their eyes, can't say I've ever heard anyone get genuinely offended by a photograph that was taken of them 16 years beforehand and when they were just little bitty.

This is by no means any sort of attempt to shame or punish the child. The dad wasn't MAD about the poop, and actually, kudos to him for being able to turn it around and laugh with the child about it.

If my kiddo got butt hurt about a picture like this I'd tell them to do the same, build a bridge and get over it.......life is too short not to find the humor in the ridiculous.
Blackcat31 07:01 AM 09-29-2012
I have to agree with Willow here. The internet if filled with photos of adults, children and pets that have signs saying what they did and what jerks, jokesters, great friends, butt-heads, family members, etc they are.

IMPO, it is just another way for people to fulfill their insatiable need to say "Look at me!".

Everyone seems to want their moment in the spot light or their 15 minutes of fame. Betting the dad hopes it goes viral
Sugar Magnolia 07:23 AM 09-29-2012
You should see the dog shaming pictures on tumblr! "I bark at doorbells on tv, we have never had a doorbell"
daycare 07:46 AM 09-29-2012
Originally Posted by Willow:
Shaming??

Hardly.

The child is smiling and obviously amused even if she doesn't quite understand what's going on. This is obviously meant as a joke, not some sort of punishment such as those handed down to by judges that forces teens to stand out on a street corner next to their school saying they did drugs and still suck their thumb.

I'm not a fan of posting any pictures of my children on the internet unless it can be set to private and only shared with a select group of people but beyond that I found this HILARIOUS lol. I will rarely leap from my chair with my laptop to go run off and show my husband a bitty on the internet but for this I did and he cracked up too.

I highly doubt dad will have it posted it in her yearbook but even if he did big whoop. There are ones I've seen of kids actually on their little potty seats reading newspapers, dressed in their dads underwear, naked sitting in a mud puddle and such. The vast majority of people see the humor in the goofy childhood pictures, get a chuckle out of them and them move on. The seniors will usually roll their eyes, can't say I've ever heard anyone get genuinely offended by a photograph that was taken of them 16 years beforehand and when they were just little bitty.

This is by no means any sort of attempt to shame or punish the child. The dad wasn't MAD about the poop, and actually, kudos to him for being able to turn it around and laugh with the child about it.

If my kiddo got butt hurt about a picture like this I'd tell them to do the same, build a bridge and get over it.......life is too short not to find the humor in the ridiculous.
sorry I agree with willow....

I don't think it's shaming your child and I hardly doubt that this child will be affected by it. That little girl look like she is laughing with dad, who seems to have a different sense of humor than most. I don't think the little girl understands, but she is getting love and attention from daddy, which I think is awesome. Stuff like this makes me smile, because I get tired of having to hear or read about the mom who abandoned her child at the store, or the dad who burnt his child with a frying pan all over his whole body to teach him a lesson....

It seems like everything that parents do to their children these days outside of letting them rule the roost is wrong.

My oldest is such a class clown and when he was in the 8th grade promoting to HS they made a video slide show of all of the kids moving on. So I sent a pic of him of when he was about 5 and his finger was straight up his nose. My son laughed so hard when he saw it on the projector during the presentation and everyone laughed. Boy did he get the attention he wanted. I think he had 4 girls ask him to the end of the year dance. I'm pretty sure that it was not the picture that got him the dates, but the fact that my son is secure enough to laugh at himself along with the rest of his friends...

No shame here
jen 07:07 PM 09-29-2012
I agree...it's meant to be funny, not shaming.
canadiancare 05:51 AM 10-02-2012
Not the same idea but my current soap box is that people have got this need nowadays to instantly post photos of people without thought. It doesn't matter if it was intended to harm or not. We are becoming more and more a culture lacking in impulse control and expecting instant gratification.

They have dog shaming sites where people do the same with their dogs. It is intended to be humourous, but I think it begins to cross a line when it involves our children and other human beings. We need to stop dehumanising each other and realise that the overweight person in too tight pants at Wal-Mart deserves the right to live in dignity and not have their photo plastered on a website for the amusement of others.
cheerfuldom 06:25 AM 10-02-2012
On a slightly related note....I seem to come across more and more parents the encourage their children to start off potty training by peeing in the bathtub, especially little boys. If this little girl had different parents, she might actually be rewarded for pooing in the shower LOL
E Daycare 06:51 AM 10-02-2012
Originally Posted by Willow:
The use of the term "butt hurt" won you the "will you be my BFF" award!

Thought I was the only one (well, besides reddit) who used it. Haha

These photos are the new caption photos. Like with any meme or lolcat pic out there these are popular. At nap time I spend a fair amount of time loling at them on pinterest or reddit.
Oneluckymom 04:01 PM 10-02-2012
Originally Posted by canadiancare:
Not the same idea but my current soap box is that people have got this need nowadays to instantly post photos of people without thought. It doesn't matter if it was intended to harm or not. We are becoming more and more a culture lacking in impulse control and expecting instant gratification.

They have dog shaming sites where people do the same with their dogs. It is intended to be humourous, but I think it begins to cross a line when it involves our children and other human beings. We need to stop dehumanising each other and realise that the overweight person in too tight pants at Wal-Mart deserves the right to live in dignity and not have their photo plastered on a website for the amusement of others.
I agree. Even if it's meant to be funny I really didn't see the humor. A lot of things these days are meant to be "taken lightly" but really they find humor at someone elses expense.
Reply Up