Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What Crafts/Gifts Are DCK's Giving Parents This Year???
Crazy8 10:54 AM 12-17-2012
I know we've had threads like this in the past, but would love a new updated one with what everyone is doing this year? ADD PHOTOS if you can!!!!!!
And what's been your BEST one from previous years???

I have no clue what I'm doing this year, I think my favorite was the handprint xmas trees on canvas. Looks like this....

I also loved this one.... we did them on navy fabric hung with a string and dowel, this is just a pic from google where it was done on a sweatshirt.

What are you doing and what was your favorite of years past???
lovemykidstoo 11:02 AM 12-17-2012
We did the marbled Christmas ornaments with acrylic paint. These are from pinterest as the actual ones are already wrapped. I used green, red, white and the kids did them all 100% by themselves. I also took individual pictures of them making them and am putting the picture in the giftbag as well.

I also wrote with a silver perm marker their name and the year. Turned out great!
SunshineMama 11:30 AM 12-17-2012
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
I know we've had threads like this in the past, but would love a new updated one with what everyone is doing this year? ADD PHOTOS if you can!!!!!!
And what's been your BEST one from previous years???

I have no clue what I'm doing this year, I think my favorite was the handprint xmas trees on canvas. Looks like this....

I also loved this one.... we did them on navy fabric hung with a string and dowel, this is just a pic from google where it was done on a sweatshirt.

What are you doing and what was your favorite of years past???
We made that exact tree this year! It turned out so well
Lilbutterflie 11:42 AM 12-17-2012
We made two clay ornaments. One is in the shape of their hand, the other is a circle ornament which will have a super cute Christmas pic I took glued in the middle. I'll post pics when they are completed!
MamaG 11:49 AM 12-17-2012
We made reindeer pine cone ornaments, handprint art on canvas.
Luna 12:45 PM 12-17-2012
We made birdseed ornaments ala Pinterest. We're waiting for them to fully dry so we won't see the final results for a day or two.
SilverSabre25 12:48 PM 12-17-2012
We made reindeer and christmas tree popsicle ornaments last Friday, and will make salt dough handprints as gifts this week sometime. I think we'll decorate bags for the gifts, too. Maybe do some other stuff, depending on the grumpy level of my own children (and how much planning time I get)
Sunchimes 12:56 PM 12-17-2012
We did hand and footprints on kitchen towels. They turned out ok, but there are splotches of paint on them from trying to wrangle a baby into doing a handprint. I think I'm going to have to find my creative side and turn the splotches into something else.
Lianne 01:53 PM 12-17-2012
We did singular handprints in salt dough that were then painted to be Christmas trees, on the top is a salt dough star with just their fingerprint on it. As a craft last week I had the kids finger paint on canvas with green paint. The next day, using their fingertips and various paint coulours we added 'lights' and it looks like a Christmas tree.Here's the Pinterest pin I took the idea from.

http://pinterest.com/pin/74661306293763717/

In the past we've done it all, lol. Last year we did Santa faces with their handprint in ornament balls.

A favorite craft last year (not a gift but could have been) was taking an ornament ball, painting the outside with glue, putting it into a ziploc bag with glitter and shaking it. These turned out really cute!
Binkybobo 11:08 AM 12-18-2012
After Halloween, I bought a Haunted house cake kit on Clearance. It is basically a flat cake moldof a house. It doesn't look creepy or anything. I plan to make a flat Gingerbread house for each child to decorate at the party this Friday to take home. I do realize what a pain Gingerbread is to make, but I'm hoping get lucky and find an easy recipe online. In the past I have had the children make several ornaments. Then I had them decorate a bo that we put all of the ornaments in with tissue paper and fluff.
Hazel 06:19 PM 12-18-2012
We made 2 ornaments that I found on pinterest. One was a bubble style ball with snowmen made out of their thumb prints, the second was a shiny red ball with reindeer faces also out of thumbprints. I painted the faces, hats ect on the snowmen and antlers and faces on the reindeer. I painted their names and the year on them.. They turned out super cute! ESP the snowmen one!
DCMom 07:08 AM 12-19-2012
Finally done with them (16!), I think they turned out cute
Attached: ParentGift2012.jpg (41.6 KB) 
lovemykidstoo 07:34 AM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by DCMom:
Very very cute. what does the paper say at the bottom?
DCMom 09:18 AM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo:
Very very cute. what does the paper say at the bottom?
Thanks, it's a coupon for a free day of daycare.
Full time families received one day and part time families got a pro-rated credit amount.
Willow 12:06 PM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by DCMom:
I literally JUST did these for my babies.

They squealed and squirmed the whole time so I didn't even try to get the heels together. I'm just glad they sort of ended up resembling their feet lol

Did them on canvas and am going to label them "Mistle-toes" once they're done drying

Much like this:
http://media-cache-ec3.pinterest.com...3_f6ShpRIq.jpg

For the older kiddos we did fingerprint light strings today, they had a blast with all the different colors. We botched several batches but I finally ended up with one for each kiddo that I'm going to put in frames.

Just like this:
http://media-cache0.pinterest.com/up...0ElsdRkP_b.jpg
lovemykidstoo 12:20 PM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by Willow:

They squealed and squirmed the whole time so I didn't even try to get the heels together. I'm just glad they sort of ended up resembling their feet lol

Did them on canvas and am going to label them "Mistle-toes" once they're done drying

Much like this:

For the older kiddos we did fingerprint light strings today, they had a blast with all the different colors. We botched several batches but I finally ended up with one for each kiddo that I'm going to put in frames.

Just like this:
Super cute ideas Willow!
DCMom 12:37 PM 12-19-2012

Much like this:

Just like this:
LOVE both ideas! I'm going to file both of those away for future reference

I hear you about the babies...it took my assistant and I a couple of trys to get the prints in the spot I wanted them for the infants and toddlers. Easier than handprints though ~ I did a handprint calendar one year and it was a challenge.
Countrygal 01:02 PM 12-19-2012
So far we've completed handprint coasters made from cardboard, backed with felt and covered with fabric; votive holder (tissue collage on glass jar); and are almost done with a whole year handprint/thumbprint calendar. Next are clay bird ornaments made from salt clay and decorated with buttons and beads.

I think that will be it. We also made doggy biscuits for the doggie brothers and sisters and planted cat grass (collected the seed ourselves and planted it from wild grasses unit) for our kitty sisters and brothers.

I think that will be the end, but with all the snow we're supposed to get we may do more!

handprint calendar here
coasters here, but I just glued them on. Worked fine.
dEHmom 01:10 PM 12-19-2012
in the picture they are not finished. we made a picture frame out of foam snowmen (placed the face of the child in the face area, attached a stick and then closed the snowman with another foam snowman. decorated them and dressed them up. then we wrapped green yard around a styrofoam cone and decorated it like a christmas tree and stuck a stick in that. then we stuck those into a cardboard piece which we glued fake snow to. so the kids made a little christmas scene/center piece for their parents. it's super cute.
Attached: IMG_0043.jpg (87.0 KB) 
Kaddidle Care 02:24 PM 12-19-2012
Love them all but I think I favor the "Mistletoes!"
Willow 08:21 PM 12-19-2012
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
Love them all but I think I favor the "Mistletoes!"

(I so wanted to add the background dogs and different colors and whatnot but I knew if I tried that I'd likely end up botching it up and have to start all over painting baby feets - which in theory sounds like great fun but actually ends up being some pretty messy chaos )

And a finished picture of our "string lights" all framed up:

Moms opened them on the spot and LOVED them which totally made my day!

(I am mortified my pictures are so giant!!! I'm sorry I have no clue how to fix that!!!)
spud912 08:26 PM 12-19-2012

(I so wanted to add the background dogs and different colors and whatnot but I knew if I tried that I'd likely end up botching it up and have to start all over painting baby feets - which in theory sounds like great fun but actually ends up being some pretty messy chaos )

And a finished picture of our "string lights" all framed up:

Moms opened them on the spot and LOVED them which totally made my day!

(I am mortified my pictures are so giant!!! I'm sorry I have no clue how to fix that!!!)
Wow Great job!
Crazy8 08:43 PM 12-19-2012
Willow, LOVE both of your projects!!! I have them both pinned on pinterest too.

Today I did pics of the kids with handprint "antlers" and laminated them and tomorrow we are doing the fingerprinting on canvas that I will then TRY to make resemble a Christmas tree. Wish me luck, LOL!!!
Tags:christmas crafts
Reply Up