Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>4 Years Old Now Cries At Drop Off :/
jenny31052 01:12 PM 05-25-2012
I've been caring for this child since Christmas time.. never had an issue at drop off.. he is pretty hard to care for (defiant, don't listen, scream, hits, don't share...) but I try to manage him the best that I can. He is very happy while here, he has 2 other kids his age to play with, and he always tell his Mom that he had a good day...and he is always excited to tell her what he did, and show her his crafts and such...

Never had a problem at drop off, but since Monday he started to cry and scream, and hold on to his mother's leg while she walks out, every single morning...

After she leaves I gently tell him that she has to go to work, and she will be back later, and so on... but he doesn't stop, so I tell him to go in the "crying corner" and come back when he is done... he goes and sits there, and at this point the crying is more like a whining with no tears, that stops when no one is paying attention, and re-starts if me or another child walks by, or look at him...

After 10 minutes he is fine, and he goes on with his day as usual...

Now, I do comfort the child, but then I think that it's just a show that he is putting up... but, I don't know why it started just now, after 6 months of being in care...

Mom asked me why he is suddenly doing this, and I told her that nothing has changed within the daycare, and I honestly don't know... I only have 4 kids at this time, including my own, so he gets plenty of attention... I don't want Mom to think that he is unhappy, because after she is gone he is just the usual kid...

I'm puzzled about why this sudden change, and I'm pretty sure Mom is too... I don't know what to do to re-assure Mom that after those 10 minutes of "crying" he is just fine...
Michael 01:55 PM 05-25-2012
Maybe some help here: https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...p+off+behavior

https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...rop+off+issues
Tags:drop off behavior, drop off issues
Reply Up