Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2 Newborns Started Today
Nickel 03:33 PM 09-11-2012
So I had two newborns start today. dcb and dcg. dcb comes 2 days/week from 9-2. He was fussy, barely slept and was just generally not happy unless I was holding him. he's about 2 mnths old.

dcg comes from 1pm-7:30pm 3 days/week. She has been happy and wonderful except I had to fight with her to take a bottle. She is bf so the bottle made her gag. She would take it, stop, push it out, over and over again for 30 min. But after that, she was fine. She's now sleeping, but I had to swaddle her (she is also 2 mnths old) because every time I tried to put her down she startled. So now she's sleeping.

As for me. I'm tired. I could seriously go to bed right nnow. Oh, well. Looks like it's time to start getting dinner around so we can eat at 6...
cheerfuldom 04:12 PM 09-11-2012
eekk! yeah that is something I never do....transition two newborns into care at once. Its going to be extra tricky since they are both part timers. wow...well hope things work out with these tiny ones.
e.j. 06:08 PM 09-11-2012
I feel for ya! I have a 6 mo old who recently started and the minute I stop walking with her/put her down, she starts screaming. She's tough enough alone; I can't imagine having to care for a second infant in addition to her. I wish you luck!
Nickel 10:54 AM 09-12-2012
I actually don't have them at the same time. Well, except for less than an hour overlap. One picks up before 2pm and the drops off between 1 and 2pm. So I have one that is here in the morning and one that is here in the evening. The dcb had like 4 bms and was very fussy. The dcg woudln't take her bottle and was hungry. But I think they are both going to end up working out just fine. What's really going to be interesting is next semester. I'm curious to see how everyone's schedule is going to change!
Sunshine44 11:06 AM 09-12-2012
Originally Posted by Nickel:
I actually don't have them at the same time. Well, except for less than an hour overlap. One picks up before 2pm and the drops off between 1 and 2pm. So I have one that is here in the morning and one that is here in the evening. The dcb had like 4 bms and was very fussy. The dcg woudln't take her bottle and was hungry. But I think they are both going to end up working out just fine. What's really going to be interesting is next semester. I'm curious to see how everyone's schedule is going to change!
I feel for ya! I just started two infants and it is starting out a little difficult, though I have done it before. I'm giving it time for us to all adjust.
Reply Up