Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Pack & Plays
midaycare 03:44 AM 07-28-2014
I know I'm asking a lot of questions right now, but I have QRIS and the state both coming to inspect me in the next 9 days. Yikes!

I have my young ones in pack & plays but I only use the mattress that comes with it, and not a fitted sheet. The regulations confuse me. Do I also need a fitted sheet, or is the mattress okay?
KidGrind 04:08 AM 07-28-2014
I need a waterproof mattress covering and a fitted sheet.

I don’t know your specific regulations. Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.

GOOD LUCK!
morgan24 05:33 AM 07-28-2014
Originally Posted by midaycare:
I know I'm asking a lot of questions right now, but I have QRIS and the state both coming to inspect me in the next 9 days. Yikes!

I have my young ones in pack & plays but I only use the mattress that comes with it, and not a fitted sheet. The regulations confuse me. Do I also need a fitted sheet, or is the mattress okay?
I'm in MI also. My last inspection was in April and I didn't have sheets on my pack and plays and he didn't say anything.

I have had 4 different inspectors since I started and everyone of them interprets the rules differently. I really think it depends on the inspector. Good luck with both of your visits.
midaycare 06:21 AM 07-28-2014
Thank you both of you. I wish everything was more clear!
CraftyMom 07:16 AM 07-28-2014
If you're not sure, maybe put one on just to be safe? Maybe pick one up at a second hand store if you have one closeby
midaycare 07:57 AM 07-28-2014
Originally Posted by CraftyMom:
If you're not sure, maybe put one on just to be safe? Maybe pick one up at a second hand store if you have one closeby
I will check the second hand stores out. Just to be safe ...
melilley 10:59 AM 07-28-2014
You are supposed to have a tight fitting waterproof cover on it, but like pp said, each inspector interprets the rules differently. When I had my inspection, I had a sheet on mine and that was it. Here's the rule:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/dh...20140728135551
Heidi 06:06 PM 07-28-2014
The mattress needs to be waterproof, and the sheet on it needs to be tight fitting. 5-A and 5-F. The sheet needs to be laundered when soiled or at least weekly. You cannot have any other padding between the mattress and the sheet, per 5-F. Page 9 of your regs.

Our are the same, btw.
midaycare 05:13 AM 07-29-2014
Thank you guys. The regs confused me and I thought they meant cribs and not pack and plays. I'm glad to have an answer!
Reply Up