Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Stinky Diapers
sahm2three 08:27 AM 06-22-2010
I have never been bothered by diapers before. I even had a small dc when I was pregnant with my second child. Never really bothered me. I have this little boy that is about 20 months that has the worst smell I have ever smelled!! This is way gross, but to me, it smells like sewer when you dump it from your camper after a trip. Do you know that smell? It smells rotten! Could there be something wrong with him? I have talked to the parent about it, just in a joking manner to see what she said. Nothing! I don't believe that she hasn't thought it odd! Seriously bad!!! So I am wondering if there really could be something wrong. Thoughts?
Greenshadow 08:40 AM 06-22-2010
The inside of one's body, from what I hear, is a foul place! We are reminded of that when we poop. I think some people just have it worse than others and I think alot of it is based on what they ate recently. I cant say that its nothing because Im not a doctor, but the odds of it being something are low, I would think. I have some babies that stink alot more than others too from time to time.
originalkat 08:43 AM 06-22-2010
I am the same way...poop,shmoop....it doesn't bother me. But, I have this one little girl (For the past 2 years) and her poop was the natiest, most disgusting, foul smell I have ever smelled from poop. Plus it was always on the loose side and was squished everywhere and the little girl did not like to be changed and would fight we when I tried to clean her up. I ended up getting a face mask to wear when I changed her because it made me want to gag. Now that she is potty trained it is SOOOO much better, but it still wreaks to high heaven! Good luck with that one.
TGT09 08:55 AM 06-22-2010
I have a little girl (who is now potty trained THANK GOD) that is from my organic family. I swear the organic food was making her poop be so ridiculously stinky...it also looks like straight sand with undigested vegetables in it. I actually was quite worried that her poop looked like it came out of a sandbox! Now she's potty trained and I don't see it being an issue.
Daycare Mommy 08:56 AM 06-22-2010
There are some medical conditions that could be causing it. Here's a quick link I googled that lists some possibilities:

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/003132.htm
mainemomma 11:05 AM 06-22-2010
I don't have any advice....but if it makes you feel better I have a 6 year old dcb who is autistic and not poop potty trained fully yet...AND IT SMELLS SOOOOOOOOO BAD!!! Do you have any idea how nasty it is changing a 6 year old who could care less if he is poopy and stinks worse than you can imagine. Ya...my house smells like his poop all day even with windows open AND air freshners...

I am going to check out that link that was provided...he is on a gluten free diet, and stool HARDNERS and still unable to control his BM's which is why he has accidents all day every day...sigh...
originalkat 11:06 AM 06-22-2010
Originally Posted by mainemomma:
I don't have any advice....but if it makes you feel better I have a 6 year old dcb who is autistic and not poop potty trained fully yet...AND IT SMELLS SOOOOOOOOO BAD!!! Do you have any idea how nasty it is changing a 6 year old who could care less if he is poopy and stinks worse than you can imagine. Ya...my house smells like his poop all day even with windows open AND air freshners...

I am going to check out that link that was provided...he is on a gluten free diet, and stool HARDNERS and still unable to control his BM's which is why he has accidents all day every day...sigh...
All I can say is... WOW!
sahm2three 12:01 PM 06-22-2010

Ok, I am not going to complain ANY more! HUGS!!!
Daycare Mommy 12:53 PM 06-22-2010

I've been in that exact situation. Not fun! From what I understand it's really common for autistic kids to have gut issues though I don't know anything else about it.
Michael 02:52 PM 06-22-2010
Suggest ionizers to remove order. I have 5 of them around the house and garage. They remove all odors including smoke.

Ionic Pro 90IP1RCMB1 Compact Air Purifier with Bonus Car Ionizer
Former Teacher 03:15 PM 06-22-2010
Originally Posted by michael:
Suggest ionizers to remove order. I have 5 of them around the house and garage. They remove all odors including smoke.

Ionic Pro 90IP1RCMB1 Compact Air Purifier with Bonus Car Ionizer
Thanks Michael! My husband smokes ( I don't) outside and even then I still get a wiff () every now and then. I am going to show this to hubby!

Thanks again!
Michael 03:23 PM 06-22-2010
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
Thanks Michael! My husband smokes ( I don't) outside and even then I still get a wiff () every now and then. I am going to show this to hubby!

Thanks again!
Seriously, I play poker with the guys once every couple of weeks and they all smoke cigars. When I pull into the garage I take off my clothes and set them near the ionizer. Next day they smell fresh and not a note of smoke smell.
Tags:diaper, poop
Reply Up