Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
VictoryCare 02:48 AM 11-14-2020
I agree, the reason why this virus is spreading is because people are not doing what they are supposed to be doing, if everyone wore a mask and followed CDC guidelines we can keep the numbers almost non existant
Unregistered 06:26 AM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by CenterTeacher20:
I mean, there are multiple situations at this point where people have contracted it a second time. I'm sure its because the virus is mutating. I don't see large immunity happening until there is a vaccine.

There's actually a 99% survival rate. Yes a lot of people have passed away from the illness in large numbers but there is so many people in this world that sometimes these things are expected. Our time is our time, and living in fear is really not helping the situation.
VictoryCare 08:43 AM 11-14-2020
We wouldn't have to have as much fear if more people followed the guidelines...every life lost is one life too many
VictoryCare 08:45 AM 11-14-2020
Herd immunity is only a good idea if your original goal is mass murder, wearing a mask and washing your hands are simple easy, selfless things to ask us to do
Blackcat31 08:49 AM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by VictoryCare:
Herd immunity is only a good idea if your original goal is mass murder, wearing a mask and washing your hands are simple easy, selfless things to ask us to do
Do you require the children in your care to wear a mask?
How are you managing drop off/pick up with parents?
VictoryCare 08:56 AM 11-14-2020
Yes, everyone wears a mask including children over 2, drop off and pick ups are done one at a time, no one enters the house, temps are taken, parents wear masks, hands are washed, children are socially distanced while in care, sanitation done throughout day
VictoryCare 08:57 AM 11-14-2020
Just like guidelines suggest to keep the children, their families and my family as safe as possible
VictoryCare 09:21 AM 11-14-2020
I wonder if those that support herd immunity, if their family and friends started dropping like flies around them, if they would still think it was the right way to go. The infection rate per day is enormous and it is showing in all the states and counties that are not following the CDC guidelines. The death rate in these states and counties is happening and has been happening at such a rate that they have no place to put the bodies. These things are happening in real time as we speak, around the world. We need to start following the guidelines for those who are not, and continue to follow them for those who have until we CAN acquire immunity through the use of a vaccine. Doing otherwise is selfish and naive.
PB&J 10:20 AM 11-14-2020
Yes, everyone wears a mask including children over 2, drop off and pick ups are done one at a time, no one enters the house, temps are taken, parents wear masks, hands are washed, children are socially distanced while in care, sanitation done throughout day
Hi! I have been really struggling with the social distancing for my DC kids. I feel it’s the one recommendation that I just can’t follow. Can you please give me your tips or strategies for keeping all these little ones six feet apart all day? Are you in a center or home-based? Maybe I just don’t have the space you do?
VictoryCare 10:58 AM 11-14-2020
I am home based, I give the big plastic bins filled with art, science, math ,reading etc based toys relating to each age group and they play with those toys in zones set up throughout the daycare from their own personal bins throughout the day, and those toys are rotated and washed on a regular basis. I have an assistant that helps me break the children up.into smaller groups to take outside and disperse throughout the daycare to keep socially distant as much as possible. I try to explain all this to the children as much as possible. So far, it is working well. I rid the daycare of those who do not wish to comply, meaning parents, and make sure to strictly enforce the guidelines every day
PB&J 11:24 AM 11-14-2020
I am home based, I give the big plastic bins filled with art, science, math ,reading etc based toys relating to each age group and they play with those toys in zones set up throughout the daycare from their own personal bins throughout the day, and those toys are rotated and washed on a regular basis. I have an assistant that helps me break the children up.into smaller groups to take outside and disperse throughout the daycare to keep socially distant as much as possible. I try to explain all this to the children as much as possible. So far, it is working well. I rid the daycare of those who do not wish to comply, meaning parents, and make sure to strictly enforce the guidelines every day
I guess this is going to be the one recommendation I fail at. I have 22 DC kids and simply do not have 22 spots all six feet apart from each other. And, with the kids here about 50 hours a week, they do want to be TOGETHER.

We have the same kids every day and don’t allow drop in care, so if each family takes it seriously then ... their kids will just play, eat, sleep together each day, not six feet apart. We do follow the other recommendations, and have made some environmental changes. Each news story about the uptick in numbers shows me it’s coming ever closer. I hope these families stay home for Thanksgiving.
VictoryCare 11:53 AM 11-14-2020
It sounds like you are doing the best you can, and I applaud you, its not easy, and it is very scary.
VictoryCare 11:55 AM 11-14-2020
I do not have nearly as many kids as you do, so that makes it a bit easier. Just keep doing what you are doing. You are doing great
e.j. 12:24 PM 11-14-2020
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
There's actually a 99% survival rate. Yes a lot of people have passed away from the illness in large numbers but there is so many people in this world that sometimes these things are expected. Our time is our time, and living in fear is really not helping the situation.
From what I see on the Johns Hopkins website (https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality), to date there have been 10,737,335 cases of Covid reported. There have been 244,332 deaths as a result of those cases. If I'm doing my math right, that means there is one death for every 43.94 cases of Covid. This means there is one death for approximately every 44 people infected. That's a 2.27% death rate of those infected in the US alone. Percentage wise, the risk sounds minimal but when you put it in terms of 1 out of every 44 infected people in the US will die - and the infection rate is rising, that's potentially a lot of dead people.

During the 911 attacks, almost 3000 were killed and that was appalling to us. Just yesterday, it was reported that there were 181,194 new cases of Covid on that day alone. If 1 out of 44 people die, that's 4,118 people dead. If we could go back in time and prevent the deaths of those people who died in the 911 attacks by doing something so simple as wearing a mask, wouldn't most of us do it? Why wouldn't we do such a simple thing as wear a mask now to save an even greater number of people?

We wouldn't have to have as much fear if more people followed the guidelines...every life lost is one life too many
I'd be lying if I said I'm not fearful of getting Covid or having one of my loved ones get it but there's a difference between being paralyzed by that fear and having a healthy respect for the virus. My family and I are going about our daily lives as we normally would but taking as many precautions as we can while we do. Mask wearing and social distancing are not the equivalent of living in fear. In my mind, it's simply using the tools we've been told will save lives and hopefully keep us from getting sick. To me, it's doing the responsible thing and being thoughtful of those around us who may be at higher risk should they get the virus. It's also one of those things that never should have become so politicized. It's a medical/public health issue. I wish it would be viewed as such. JMO
VictoryCare 12:28 PM 11-14-2020
I totally agree, you have less fear BECAUSE you are being responsible by following the guidelines
VictoryCare 12:30 PM 11-14-2020
There should be no fear when there is action. Your right. Its not red or blue, its covid
VictoryCare 12:51 PM 11-14-2020
You are right, its not red or blue, its covid
Blackcat31 05:01 PM 11-14-2020
I am not able to keep my kiddos 6 ft apart but we do drop offs and pick ups outside.
The kids don’t wear masks either. I don’t think they would be able to all day. I serve kids 1-5 yrs of age.

I wear a mask and limit my interactions with others outside of care. I do what I can but refuse to live in fear.

I don’t fault or blame those that believe differently and won’t spend my time “educating” those that believe differently than I do.

I can’t change others so I do what I can do to feel safe and protect the health of my family.
VictoryCare 04:21 AM 11-15-2020
The bottom line is, this virus is spreading at a rapid rate and more people are dying everyday because people are not wearing masks, they need to be educated and they need to listen. These lockdowns happen because people are not doing what they are supposed to be doing. This is too important to not be compliant and to not be educating those that need to be
VictoryCare 04:23 AM 11-15-2020
People need to not let this virus knock on their door and take those they love away before they realize how serious it actually is
Cat Herder 06:06 AM 11-15-2020
Herd Immunity is the GOAL of an effective vaccine program.

Herd Immunity is not a verb.
VictoryCare 06:43 AM 11-15-2020
Exactly! Thank you Cat Herder for reiterating what I have been saying all along, that Herd Immunity IS the goal of an effective VACCINE program, and not that of exposure 😊
Annalee 06:50 AM 11-15-2020
I agree with CH about Herd immunity as I have stated before; but I AM growing concerned with the repercussions of this disease.....schools are closing again, sports are being cancelled, etc. It is my fear that Biden (and I do NOT agree) will do something rash and close the country down....he will at least mandate a nationwide mask order which does nothing but cause a war between the do and do nots....but ??? I have always worn my mask; not sure if it helps but it doesn't hurt so???

My job concerns me right now...just do not want to close anymore.. There is only so much an FCC child care program can come back from....I have three openings and cannot buy a kids that is compatible with my program....I do believe covid has something to do with that.......Covid will be first on the agenda immediately after inauguration for Biden I'm afraid. My clients are constantly talking about it and I have NO answers.

How much more can the small business take?

Covid is real and is terrible for the families that have suffered and lost loved ones....two families in my county lost a loved one yesterday....sad all around.

So, covid is horrible for families from many different standpoints.
Cat Herder 06:54 AM 11-15-2020
I have never disagreed. The issue is terminology, not our goals.

Vaccination is a form of exposure.

Never have I suggested licking COVID patients. I think that is where the issue came in. Vocabulary, only.

I am forced to sit in Pandemic classes annually, for the last 26 years by my employer. I was not arguing the merits of vaccination, I take my flu shot each and every year. I also do not allow non-vaccinated kids into care unless they have an immunocompromising issue documented by their physician.
VictoryCare 07:00 AM 11-15-2020
You are right, it is hard to understand tone or intent through words on a website
VictoryCare 07:06 AM 11-15-2020
Annalee, I am so sorry
VictoryCare 07:09 AM 11-15-2020
But, if you look at the places where there are spikes and where they are getting ready to lockdown again it IS because people are NOT following CDC guidelines. When the guidelines are not followed than we, the people, are bringing these problems down upon us ourselves
VictoryCare 07:12 AM 11-15-2020
Its not Bidens fault or Trumps, it is ours. Everybody needs to follow the guidelines religiously, or this will continue to be a vicious cycle, and it will only get worse. This is basic common sense
Annalee 07:24 AM 11-15-2020
If the government protocol was more lenient, I probably would be one of those that would live safely but not in fear...as I believe we need to move on..... The government protocols leave me in fear of my livelihood. I do NOT like that.....Right or wrong, I have aged, gained weight, depressed, etc.....and THAT is what is causing the most health issues.....
VictoryCare 07:30 AM 11-15-2020
Annalee, again, I am so sorry, I can feel how much pain you are in. But please, I'm not trying to be a jerk, really, but the government is so strict with their protocols because people in this country are not doing what we are supposed to do. We need to come together as one and fight this virus together. It won't work with us being so divided. We are all people and human beings and we are ALL suffering unfortunately, but we ALL have to sacrifice right now, together, and do the work
Blackcat31 08:15 AM 11-15-2020
I don’t mean this rudely but I guess I’m not understanding this discussion. Is it a vent? An attempt to educate providers or just another discussion about an already overly discussed topic?

We all know what things are recommended to decrease COVID spread. We are all already doing what we need to do to keep our daycare kids/families and most importantly our own families safe. Most provers here are already doing the basics and then some. There isn’t much else we can do.

I’m not going to start shoving my personal thoughts and beliefs down the general public’s throats as that type of forceful “educating” often falls on deaf ears and nets the opposite results in my opinion. Not to mention we as providers have enough on our plates already.

I follow my state’s health department recommendations and am careful and cognizant of the other steps I can do to reduce spread. Other than closing down and staying home 24/7 that’s all I can do.
VictoryCare 12:05 PM 11-15-2020
Thats good, then I guess you have been listening, bravo. This is not my personal beliefs, it is fact. People are worried about Biden doing a lockdown and losing their business, but if the country did what they were supposed to do from the start we wouldn't have the threat of another lock down. Its fact. But again, I am very glad you were listening
VictoryCare 12:14 PM 11-15-2020
I'm not trying to "educate" anyone. I'm just restating what we have been told since almost day one. And the fact that the reason why things are so terrible and why people are dying, is because we are not listening, but it looks like at least a couple people here are, so, thats great, keep.up the good work...��
dolores 12:26 PM 11-15-2020
There's actually a 99% survival rate.
Luckily the majority survives. However, in addition to lives lost and an impacted economy, something to consider would be the lingering effects covid.

To mention a few, many who survive continue to have respiratory and heart issues and cannot return to normal life. For example, some athletes who were healthy as a horse prior to contracting the virus have not been able to return to their sport because of reduced heart and lung capacity. Also, amputations and depression have been reported. And that is only what is known so far.

Not to mention traumatized medical staff, on the front lines, who are suffering from PTSD. And we don't know yet how prolonged use of masks will affect our well-being.

A nurse friend of mine told me her hospital converted a floor just for patients who got over the virus but who had continued chronic medical issues. Incidentally, she is triggered by music, light and sounds due to her work with covid patients.

Do we even know how many people have succumbed because of the virus but did not have it? Such as ppl with other diseases who could not get medical attention, or those who needed life-saving surgeries that were cancelled because hospitals are burdened? Shouldn't they be in the covid count too?

We will get past this. But it will take awhile to know the fallout of this pandemic.
Annalee 12:35 PM 11-15-2020
Thats good, then I guess you have been listening, bravo. This is not my personal beliefs, it is fact. People are worried about Biden doing a lockdown and losing their business, but if the country did what they were supposed to do from the start we wouldn't have the threat of another lock down. Its fact. But again, I am very glad you were listening
Do you mind me asking what state you are from?
VictoryCare 01:26 PM 11-15-2020
To add to that, it is only a 99% survival rate during the times that rates are low and there is not a major influx of people with covid bogging down understaffed hospitals and filling them to beyond capacity. When that happens the survival rate plummets. And again, the only way to keep hospitals from major influxes and overflowing capacities, therefore keeping the survival rate at a high percentage is to do the work by, you guessed it, wearing masks, social distancing, washing hands. We need to be part of the solution instead of the problem. Lol
VictoryCare 01:33 PM 11-15-2020
I am from New York, and cases are starting to significantly rise again here due to people not following the guidelines and having Halloween parties with more than 10 people in an enclosed area
VictoryCare 01:39 PM 11-15-2020
We went from a 0.01 infection rate to now a 2.5% infection rate with around a 100 or so people who have died. Its very sad and frustrating since we were the epicenter for the country for covid at one time and we all seemed to be following the guidelines and we changed things and were at a continuous infection rate of less than 1 % for quite awhile and then fall and Halloween came and people forgot and stopped listening and now we are having an influx of infections again, a small influx but it can and most likely will get bigger over time, which also means more deaths
VictoryCare 01:48 PM 11-15-2020
And now, states with a smaller population than NYC have become epicenters at a higher infection rate then new york was at its epicenter peak, when it all could have been prevented by people wearing masks, practicing social distancing and washing hands
PB&J 03:05 PM 11-15-2020
Before I started posting, I spent a lot of time reading current and old posts. My current vent is those who haven’t done the same before posting. But, if everyone was like me it would be a boring world.
VictoryCare 04:31 PM 11-15-2020
Lol...😊
Josiegirl 03:05 AM 11-16-2020
The bottom line is, this virus is spreading at a rapid rate and more people are dying everyday because people are not wearing masks, they need to be educated and they need to listen. These lockdowns happen because people are not doing what they are supposed to be doing. This is too important to not be compliant and to not be educating those that need to be
Exactly! It's not about living in fear; it's about having a healthy respect for a sickness that will eventually touch each and every household IMO, like a cancer. Some people die, some recover, some live forever with related issues. If cancer could be prevented by wearing a mask, I certainly would do it. Masks aren't 100% BUT if both people wear masks, social distance, wash their hands, use hand-sanitizer and stay home when sick, I could only see that helping tremendously. All the sacrifices some are making while others deny Covid is that bad/people are over reacting/it's just political, etc., etc. Makes me want to scream. People need to have a healthy respect for what's happening, not fear, not worrying about their lack of freedoms. It's a stupid mask people(general people, not anyone here). Suck it up, get over yourselves, think about others, it's not just about you.
This could've been a much more temporary issue if it hadn't gotten such a hold in the first place. And if the government wasn't taking baby steps here and there trying to please everybody, AND if everybody would follow guidelines.
Sure, holidays are going to look very different this year and for some it's going to be downright depressing but I'd really love to see it be the only year that it happens. Yes, schools/sports need to happen but can't everybody pitch in/make a sacrifice/bite the bullet and support a safer environment temporarily? I know quite a few moms who are afraid for their children being in school. That's fear. I see the faces of clerks working for little above minimum, having to tolerate customers who don't seem to give a $hit. And we've all read about nurses, doctors, etc., burned out, sick, striking. It's a crippling illness in every way and not enough people are doing all they can to help make it better.

Were you ever told you had to buckle-up, wear a helmet, stop smoking in an establishment, had to wear a shirt or shoes going in a public place?? I really don't see this as any different.

Off my soap box now.
Josiegirl 03:09 AM 11-16-2020
Vermont has always had good numbers, but it's a rural state so that helps. But the past 2 weeks, we've gone above and beyond the increase of positive cases per capita, than any other state.
Prevention is the best policy because once it gets a foothold, it blooms and everyone is affected.
A simple hockey game in our state a couple+ weeks ago, was the super spreader for over 90 cases.
Annalee 03:53 AM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
Vermont has always had good numbers, but it's a rural state so that helps. But the past 2 weeks, we've gone above and beyond the increase of positive cases per capita, than any other state.
Prevention is the best policy because once it gets a foothold, it blooms and everyone is affected.
A simple hockey game in our state a couple+ weeks ago, was the super spreader for over 90 cases.
Our county mayor put in place a 30-day mask-wearing challenge to decrease the numbers but this is almost up and NO ONE really paid attention to this. I don't think if they mask mandated, things would change....??
Josiegirl 10:21 AM 11-16-2020
Originally Posted by Annalee:
Our county mayor put in place a 30-day mask-wearing challenge to decrease the numbers but this is almost up and NO ONE really paid attention to this. I don't think if they mask mandated, things would change....??
Sadly, I agree with you because it's not being enforced and would be a heckuva job getting it enforced.
Our gov mandated masks some time ago and it's still not being listened to.
Unregistered 10:42 AM 11-16-2020
If the government protocol was more lenient, I probably would be one of those that would live safely but not in fear...as I believe we need to move on..... The government protocols leave me in fear of my livelihood. I do NOT like that.....Right or wrong, I have aged, gained weight, depressed, etc.....and THAT is what is causing the most health issues.....
Everywhere I go, everyone seems to be wearing masks and following protocol and yet...still they say cases are at an all time high. so....Do the protocols actually work?

I agree, the financial and emotional impacts are scary. Shutting down a country forcing people out of work is a huge problem ....especially if most people are compliant with the mask mandates.

What doesn't make sense is "essential" services are varying among states. So, now people are putting off going to the dr when they NEED to be seen or "Zoom" (that is NOT A REAL APPT! one cannot assess a cancerous lump or a rash that way...) and so this is a cause for health concerns. Dental appointments are put off creating problems.. Yet you can go to a liquor store.. 🙄The influenza virus and all other diseases seem non-existent anymore. E learning does NOT work well for most kids. And ostracizing ourselves from family? Detrimental.

It is acceptable to riot or protest. None of those gatherings contribute at all? I find that hard to believe!

My own kids managed to do in person band and gymnastics with ZERO incidences of Covid..They have been doing this since June. How does that work? It's all too weird.
e.j. 03:20 PM 11-16-2020
Everywhere I go, everyone seems to be wearing masks and following protocol and yet...still they say cases are at an all time high. so....Do the protocols actually work?
I think they do when they're followed. We had a very high number of cases in the spring and with mandated mask wearing and lockdowns, the rates of Covid did come down quite a bit over the summer. Unfortunately, once things started to open up again and people became less vigilant, virus rates started to go back up again and now, it's at the point where they're setting up field hospitals again to deal with the expected increased rate of hospitalizations.

According to the gov of our state, contact tracing indicates gatherings in private homes where people are less likely to follow strict protocols (including the number of people gathered), get-togethers at bars and, believe it or not...hockey games have been some of the biggest spreaders here. (It was explained that hockey games per se weren't the problem; it was parents socializing in parking lots afterwards without wearing masks or standing 6' apart, kids horsing around before getting into their cars, etc. that caused the virus to spread. A church in a city near me where people gathered in large numbers without wearing masks has also been a major factor in the spread in our area. Because the spread of the virus is exponential, it really doesn't take too many people not following protocol to get the spread we're seeing now.

I agree, the financial and emotional impacts are scary. Shutting down a country forcing people out of work is a huge problem ....especially if most people are compliant with the mask mandates.
Are enough people compliant, though - at all times? I wish I thought that were true. Just given what I've seen and heard from the parents in my day care, from my family members who have coworkers who refuse to follow protocol, I have my doubts. My husband's boss commutes to work with an employee who just tested positive. His boss should be in quarantine right now but is still at work. My son's office mate should be wearing a mask according to company rules but refuses to, as does half the staff there. The owner of the company has put out a policy stating masks are to be worn but doesn't enforce it. My dd works as a clerk at the post office. I won't even go into the number of customers she deals with daily who refuse to follow proper protocol.

What doesn't make sense is "essential" services are varying among states. So, now people are putting off going to the dr when they NEED to be seen or "Zoom" (that is NOT A REAL APPT! one cannot assess a cancerous lump or a rash that way...) and so this is a cause for health concerns. Dental appointments are put off creating problems.. Yet you can go to a liquor store.. 🙄The influenza virus and all other diseases seem non-existent anymore. E learning does NOT work well for most kids. And ostracizing ourselves from family? Detrimental.
Essential services are varying among states because President Trump delegated the job of Covid response to the individual governors of each state. There is no nationwide policy to guide them so they've each adopted the protocols they feel are best for their state.

In this state, at least, there are ads on tv encouraging people to continue to see their doctors and dentists. There are protocols to follow when you go but people are being told here that regular appointments shouldn't be put off.
Unfortunately, the higher the Covid rates rise, the less people want to risk going to the doctor/dentist. The more the hospitals fill up with Covid patients, the more regular care is going to be impacted. It makes sense to me that if we all do what we can to follow the protocol and stop the virus rates from going up, the better off we'll all be - that much sooner.

When our state first went into lockdown in the spring, I also questioned why liquor stores were allowed to remain open when other businesses that I would consider more essential were forced to close. I read a few articles about it. Reasons seemed to range from closing them in one state could encourage interstate travel to other states which needed to be discouraged because of Covid spread. Rates of people going through withdrawal could go up, increasing hospitalizations at a time when they were trying to keep those rates as low as possible. The potential for creating an alcohol black market and the fact that alcohol sales are such a large part of the economy were also cited as possible reasons. Not sure I buy all of those explanations; some made more sense to me than others. Unfortunately, we're not all going to agree on what meets 'essential" criteria and what doesn't.

Ostracizing ourselves from our families? In this day in age? I'm not the most computer savvy person but even I've stayed in touch with family using Facebook, email and texting. It's not the same as face to face visits but if it keeps all of us safer for now, I'm ok staying in touch this way until we can get back together in person. I've also had a driveway visit or two with my sister. It was so good to see her even if we couldn't hug each other.

It is acceptable to riot or protest. None of those gatherings contribute at all? I find that hard to believe!
I haven't heard anyone *who has been paying attention to the medical/science experts* say that these gatherings don't contribute to the spread of Covid - have you? Unfortunately, when large groups of people, fueled by emotion, decide to gather together for whatever reason (riots, protests, rallies, parties....) and there's yelling, shouting and singing and little attention paid to Covid protocol, there's a really good chance those gatherings will contribute to the spread. I was just as concerned watching the celebration after Joe Biden won the election as I was with the BLM protests and the Trump rallies and any other large gathering taking place. From the interviews I've seen on tv, medical/science experts were very concerned about the gatherings, too, but they don't have the authority to put a stop to them.

My own kids managed to do in person band and gymnastics with ZERO incidences of Covid..They have been doing this since June. How does that work? It's all too weird.
Adherence to protocols? Luck? Whatever it is, I hope it continues for you and that you and your kids remain safe and healthy.
Josiegirl 03:14 AM 11-17-2020
^^^^^^^ all of what e.j. said.
If you're 'looking around' and using a general glimpse of shoppers, etc., seeing 85% adhering to the rules, great. That's what I feel it is here. And some more than others. But then you look at sports pictures in the newspaper and victory hugs show 100% noncompliance with masks. And yes, hockey was a big spreader here. Multiply each potential exposure by the number of family/friends, etc. they each come into contact with. Plus I bet every single state is still having weddings, church services, restaurant gatherings, parties; how many positive cases came from Halloween parties? How many will be caused from Thanksgiving and Christmas?
Last time I went out was Saturday because we needed stuff at Walgreens and the grocery store(realizing only NOW what I need to buy for next pandemic). Walgreens-4 thoughtless young teens walked into the store, no masks, fake coughed and then left. Proceeded to the grocery store and had to stop to let an unmasked mom with 2 boys walk past.
So even though I am seeing major compliance, it's the minority who are still not helping. All it takes is 1 positive case to make many, if not protecting others.
Josiegirl 03:17 AM 11-17-2020
^^^^^^^ all of what e.j. said.
If you're 'looking around' and using a general glimpse of shoppers, etc., seeing 85% adhering to the rules, great. That's what I feel it is here. And some more than others. But then you look at sports pictures in the newspaper and victory hugs show 100% noncompliance with masks. And yes, hockey was a big spreader here. Multiply each potential exposure by the number of family/friends, etc. they each come into contact with. Plus I bet every single state is still having weddings, church services, restaurant gatherings, parties; how many positive cases came from Halloween parties? How many will be caused from Thanksgiving and Christmas?
Last time I went out was Saturday because we needed stuff at Walgreens and the grocery store(realizing only NOW what I need to buy for next pandemic). Walgreens-4 thoughtless young teens walked into the store, no masks, fake coughed and then left. Proceeded to the grocery store and had to stop to let an unmasked mom with 2 boys walk past.
So even though I am seeing major compliance, it's the minority who are still not helping. All it takes is 1 positive case to make many, if not protecting others.
Unregistered, count your blessings Covid hasn't touched your family due to your children participating in band and gymnastics. Truly lucky. Keep crossing your fingers.
Our local area has been mostly untouched until the past month and now it's spreading like wild fire.
Annalee 04:47 AM 11-17-2020
I watched our 'virtual school board meeting' last night. I am impressed by them. Parents were chiming in about sports not being able to be played if the school went total remote (they are hybrid right now) and of course, with all remote there is no sports. Anyway, the leaders told the parents "it's up to you all as parents" to do your part to keep the spread down....that the mayor had issued a 30-day challenge of mask wearing to get the numbers down so since that isn't happening, YOU the parents will reap the consequences if the schools have to go all remote. Very interesting meeting.

I wanted to chime in and say "for all of you that said covid was fake and would be gone after the election; this is what you got".
VictoryCare 06:19 AM 11-17-2020
Exactly!....😊
CenterTeacher20 09:31 AM 11-17-2020
Ugh our food catering service's menu items are getting more and more bland. Gonna have to live with it though, since we don't have a kitchen
Meadow 04:54 PM 11-17-2020
I found out that dcm1 admitted to dcm2 that she knowingly sent her dcg today after dcg had first-hand exposure to someone who had tested positive for COVID. Some parents are just unbelievable.
Former Teacher 06:07 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Meadow:
I found out that dcm1 admitted to dcm2 that she knowingly sent her dcg today after dcg had first-hand exposure to someone who had tested positive for COVID. Some parents are just unbelievable.
And this is exactly one of the many reasons why this BS isn't stopping!
e.j. 06:56 PM 11-17-2020
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
And this is exactly one of the many reasons why this BS isn't stopping!

Josiegirl 02:44 AM 11-18-2020
Wow, so many are not playing by the rules. I hope that dcm was ousted for her blatant disregard for health practices.

There was an article written by an ICU nurse, saying how even on some people's death beds, they were still denying they had Covid, even after testing positive for it. They were still claiming it had to be pneumonia or even lung cancer. They'd say 'this can't be happening, it isn't real'. And then you've got all the ones who regret their actions and not taking it seriously enough while gasping for breath.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...t-covid-19-not
Sunshine69 05:23 AM 11-18-2020
Every November, week before Thanksgiving:

Client: What days are you open next week?

Me: Monday and Tuesday

Client: How much do I owe you for next week?

Me: Same weekly payment as always. It is tuition-based. Not hourly.

This time, from a client who signed the contract a month ago. I have three rates. Hourly, Daily and Weekly. The client gets to pick the one that works best for them when they enroll. Then the one week a year I get to benefit from it, they want to renegotiate. It’s infuriating!
sahm1225 05:27 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Sunshine69:
Every November, week before Thanksgiving:

Client: What days are you open next week?

Me: Monday and Tuesday

Client: How much do I owe you for next week?

Me: Same weekly payment as always. It is tuition-based. Not hourly.

This time, from a client who signed the contract a month ago. I have three rates. Hourly, Daily and Weekly. The client gets to pick the one that works best for them when they enroll. Then the one week a year I get to benefit from it, they want to renegotiate. It’s infuriating!
Yesterday I had a client who’s been with me for 3 years asking if they can switch days next week. I don’t do switching. Do I asked do you mean you want to add a day? Dcm replies with no, I just want to make up the days you’re closed...
Really?? I just said I’m Sorry we’re full.. but come on. You know I don’t do switching. You know you pay to add days (they’ve added days before).. why ask when you know the answer is no? It’s insulting
Blackcat31 06:07 AM 11-18-2020
(((hugs))) This is so frustrating!

I have a DC family this morning that is keeping their family home and having one of two of their DCK's tested because they developed a bit of a clear runny nose. Child is 15 months. No other symptoms or reason to suspect COVID but they have access to rapid testing and simply want to make sure.

Another family...and DCM is arguing with me about her child having to stay home for 14 days due to direct contact. DCM's work is telling her she has to return to work after 7 days because they are short staffed. DCM seems to think because work is okay with it, I should be as well.

It's one extreme or another and I know it's only going to get worse as cold/flu season gets into full swing. Add in the holidays and family gatherings and it's going to be a long tough winter.

I've sent home numerous letters telling parents I MUST follow state depart of health rules and I will NOT make exceptions for anyone so don't even ask. Of course, 75% if them ask anyways.

I want/need the week vacation at Christmas more than ever this year but I am terrified to take it off as I suspect most families will find whomever and where ever to take their kids in when I am closed because they certainly aren't going to spend the week with their kids.

Ugh! It's a no win situation no matter how you play it.
Annalee 06:31 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
(((hugs))) This is so frustrating!

I have a DC family this morning that is keeping their family home and having one of two of their DCK's tested because they developed a bit of a clear runny nose. Child is 15 months. No other symptoms or reason to suspect COVID but they have access to rapid testing and simply want to make sure.

Another family...and DCM is arguing with me about her child having to stay home for 14 days due to direct contact. DCM's work is telling her she has to return to work after 7 days because they are short staffed. DCM seems to think because work is okay with it, I should be as well.

It's one extreme or another and I know it's only going to get worse as cold/flu season gets into full swing. Add in the holidays and family gatherings and it's going to be a long tough winter.

I've sent home numerous letters telling parents I MUST follow state depart of health rules and I will NOT make exceptions for anyone so don't even ask. Of course, 75% if them ask anyways.

I want/need the week vacation at Christmas more than ever this year but I am terrified to take it off as I suspect most families will find whomever and where ever to take their kids in when I am closed because they certainly aren't going to spend the week with their kids.

Ugh! It's a no win situation no matter how you play it.
all but one of my families are on essential worker subsidy pay. My concern is they all pull out when that ends Dec. 31 during my xmas break. Rationale has gone away. Even though I've had some of these kids for four years, the families have grown accustomed to FREE!
Cat Herder 07:04 AM 11-18-2020
Meanwhile, In Georgia: ‘The kids will be alright’: New study shows kids in day care centers don’t spread COVID-19 to adults

No, I am not kidding. It is being pushed by licensing, too.

https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/atl...6Nr7BhZFvKEm_Y
Annalee 07:06 AM 11-18-2020
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Meanwhile, In Georgia: ‘The kids will be alright’: New study shows kids in day care centers don’t spread COVID-19 to adults

I don't think anything is really going to matter as I am AFRAID Biden is going to shut down the country. I smell trouble for our country coming!!!!
Cat Herder 07:18 AM 11-18-2020
I don't think anything is really going to matter as I am AFRAID Biden is going to shut down the country. I smell trouble for our country coming!!!!
It is a catch 22. We will end up under the bus no matter who is in office.
Annalee 07:29 AM 11-18-2020
It is a catch 22. We will end up under the bus no matter who is in office.
Maybe; but the small business, in general, is in trouble for sure now!
Cat Herder 07:46 AM 11-18-2020
Maybe; but the small business, in general, is in trouble for sure now!
Yes, now I understand what you meant, taxes. Taxes are going to hurt, but I will just pass them on to my clients like every other business. I have already sent out my tuition increases in preparation. It is my only recourse.
Annalee 07:58 AM 11-18-2020
Yes, now I understand what you meant, taxes. Taxes are going to hurt, but I will just pass them on to my clients like every other business. I have already sent out my tuition increases in preparation. It is my only recourse.
Yes; rates going up here as well!
Josiegirl 02:09 PM 11-18-2020

How does that even make sense???
Cat Herder 03:05 PM 11-18-2020
How does that even make sense???
Because we are expendable. Warm bodies. Expected casualties. Acceptable loss. Easily replaced.
Sunshine69 06:51 AM 11-19-2020

ROFL! Well, that’s enough fiction for me today.

Ironically, the same parents that feel comforted by this information are the same ones that will balk at our sick exclusion policies.
CenterTeacher20 07:04 AM 11-19-2020
My full time kindergartener distance learner has asthma. Its something that he has always dealt with. He was totally fine yesterday. Got a text from his mom last night at 12:15 letting me know that before bed he said he had a sore throat... and at 11:45 woke up and could barely breathe. We are hoping is is just the asthma. I'm scared for this 5 year old little boy. He's never had a rapid flare up like this. He had 4 nebulizer treatments between 11:45pm and 6am. We have had him since he was an infant. I've become extremely bonded with him through his first year of actual school considering that I am his distance teacher. This feels like a bad dream. I'm trying not to bug his mom now, but we will see how he is doing soon and I will update. His mom works in the COVID unit, unfortunately. But had never had a breach in PPE and goes home and changes and showers before pickup every day. She is one of our sweetest DCPs we have ever had. I hope he is okay. They are taking him to get tested today and if his breathing doesn't get better, may be bringing him in to be monitored. We have 4 families out total awaiting test results. It really bothers me that licensing says we aren't allowed to close down or make any announcements about people awaiting test results until we receive a positive result. I'm scared.

North Dakota just recorded the highest mortality rate in the world. This is scary. Wear your masks. Don't have large Thanksgiving gatherings. And for f*** sake, stop bringing the current/future president up right now. Doesn't even matter.
Blackcat31 07:29 AM 11-19-2020
My full time kindergartener distance learner has asthma. Its something that he has always dealt with. He was totally fine yesterday. Got a text from his mom last night at 12:15 letting me know that before bed he said he had a sore throat... and at 11:45 woke up and could barely breathe. We are hoping is is just the asthma. I'm scared for this 5 year old little boy. He's never had a rapid flare up like this. He had 4 nebulizer treatments between 11:45pm and 6am. We have had him since he was an infant. I've become extremely bonded with him through his first year of actual school considering that I am his distance teacher. This feels like a bad dream. I'm trying not to bug his mom now, but we will see how he is doing soon and I will update. His mom works in the COVID unit, unfortunately. But had never had a breach in PPE and goes home and changes and showers before pickup every day. She is one of our sweetest DCPs we have ever had. I hope he is okay. They are taking him to get tested today and if his breathing doesn't get better, may be bringing him in to be monitored. We have 4 families out total awaiting test results. It really bothers me that licensing says we aren't allowed to close down or make any announcements about people awaiting test results until we receive a positive result. I'm scared.

North Dakota just recorded the highest mortality rate in the world. This is scary. Wear your masks. Don't have large Thanksgiving gatherings. And for f*** sake, stop bringing the current/future president up right now. Doesn't even matter.
Praying for your little daycare boy.

It's scary out there right now.

I know you are working in a center so the rules aren't yours to make but I don't allow anyone that is awaiting testing to be in care and I will close if I need to reset my cleaning and sanitizing environment. The health and well being of myself, my family and the families that attend is my first priority.

I am continually amazed at some of the selfish behaviors I've seen lately. Especially from people I know know better.

hang in there... and definitely keep us posted as to how the DC boy is doing when you find out.
Unregistered 07:46 AM 11-19-2020
Dcm texted me 20 minutes before closing last night that she is running late and is trying to hurry. She's never late, so I didn't think much of it.

She shows up 10 minutes AFTER closing. She was very apologetic, but here's the thing. Maybe instead of texting me that she is running late, she should've called her husband and told him to come pick up their kids. Or maybe she should've came and got her kids and then went back to her office to finish up work. And then she was non-stop going on about WHY she was late. As if I care.

I don't understand some people. When a parent knows daycare closes at 5:30 and pick-ups must be done PRIOR to closing, why do they just not care and think they can be late? She didn't even bother asking if it was okay. Her problem became my problem. I seriously am curious as to what makes people act this way - especially to the person that cares for their children. I feel like home daycares aren't treated like a business. She would never show up to the grocery store after closing time...because they are CLOSED.

Sorry for the rant, but late pick-ups are a huge pet peeve of mine.
CenterTeacher20 08:06 AM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Praying for your little daycare boy.

It's scary out there right now.

I know you are working in a center so the rules aren't yours to make but I don't allow anyone that is awaiting testing to be in care and I will close if I need to reset my cleaning and sanitizing environment. The health and well being of myself, my family and the families that attend is my first priority.

I am continually amazed at some of the selfish behaviors I've seen lately. Especially from people I know know better.

hang in there... and definitely keep us posted as to how the DC boy is doing when you find out.
Luckily the rules are actually mine to make as director, anyone awaiting test results do have to stay home thankfully, but according to licensing we cant notify families when somebody is out awaiting their results. We can only send out notification and close when we receive a positive result. I wish I could personally decide to close whenever someone is awaiting tests but our families would get pissed if we closed and then the tests are negative which has been the case most of the time. Bleh. I'm so sick of this COVID stuff.

And then like 25% of our DCPs act like COVID is making their life so much more stressful while they're working from home and updating their facebook profile and cover pictures at like 10am, like, you could totally keep your kids at home with you. You clearly aren't doing much. They clearly dont understand how stressful this is making life for us.

Back in March when we closed services for any family who wasn't essential workers, and any family who was working from home (we had a new rule put on our ratios so we had to make it work, and we were getting a bi-weekly grant so parents only had to pay $50 per month per child to hold their spots) we had a fam who's kids are AWFUL and I'm just waiting for the right moment to term them, but we aren't getting many new enrollments right now so I'm just dealing with it-- but anyway, this family, both parents working from home, threw a FIT and typed up an essential worker letter "from their job" clearly not legit. Most of our clients work at the same hospital as nurses and or healthcare managers and I had seen many letters so I know. No letterhead, nothing, no signature. I let it slide because at that point we could keep them in care with all of the other fans keeping their kids home. But omg I cant wait for the day that I can term these kids.

Anyway, like I've told everyone before, we do have a really small center, 30 kids max and that includes our after school/distance learner kids. We currently have 6 preschoolers, 6 toddlers, 4 infants, and 5 distance learners who are here M-W and 1 distance learner who is here M-F (the kid who is currently having issues that I just posted about) and 1 school-ager who lives out of state technically in MN in our sister city (we're right on the border so he's doing school full time until December and then full distance learning all of December under state rules I believe). So 23 kids. Small center. My mother owns the place, we've been open for 15 years, almost 16 years since I was 10. My mom just owns the place, I pretty much run it now.

I'm ranting. Ugh. My mind is racing. I really hope this kid is ok. Thanks for the BlackCat
CenterTeacher20 08:15 AM 11-19-2020
but anyway, this family, both parents working from home, threw a FIT and typed up an essential worker letter "from their job" clearly not legit. Most of our clients work at the same hospital as nurses and or healthcare managers and I had seen many letters so I know. No letterhead, nothing, no signature. I let it slide because at that point we could keep them in care with all of the other fans keeping their kids home.
Oh, btw this fam isn't an essential healthcare worker. According to her fake letter, she is considered an "essential off-site employee, who serves as an emergency back-up Public Information Officer and MAY have to fill the position if the current holder of said position is down" lol. I had already told her she could contact us if she needed emergency care if she was required to fill her emergency position. She threw a fit and called the head *something* of our state in childcare, I cant remember his position name. He's located in a completely different county as us, like 4 hours away, and had no idea that childcare in our county was handling things completely differently than in his. She called us and then blindsided me by saying he was on the other line and conferencing me in.

I told both she AND him off and informed them that they were both wrong. Nothing since.
Sunshine69 08:16 AM 11-19-2020
Dcm texted me 20 minutes before closing last night that she is running late and is trying to hurry. She's never late, so I didn't think much of it.

She shows up 10 minutes AFTER closing. She was very apologetic, but here's the thing. Maybe instead of texting me that she is running late, she should've called her husband and told him to come pick up their kids. Or maybe she should've came and got her kids and then went back to her office to finish up work. And then she was non-stop going on about WHY she was late. As if I care.

I don't understand some people. When a parent knows daycare closes at 5:30 and pick-ups must be done PRIOR to closing, why do they just not care and think they can be late? She didn't even bother asking if it was okay. Her problem became my problem. I seriously am curious as to what makes people act this way - especially to the person that cares for their children. I feel like home daycares aren't treated like a business. She would never show up to the grocery store after closing time...because they are CLOSED.

Sorry for the rant, but late pick-ups are a huge pet peeve of mine.
I hear you! It’s extremely disrespectful the way clients have no regard for our time. I’ve had clients show up late because they realized on their way that they forgot their phone at work so they went back to get it before coming here to get their kids. Why not get the kids first, then go back to get the phone? Because they don’t want to be inconvenienced by dragging the kids into their workplace so it’s okay to mess up my evening. $1/minute x three kids adds up fast and although they think I should feel guilty for charging it, I don’t. Not one bit.

I have kids of my own and I try to schedule their appointments after my daycare hours all so I don’t affect my clients. People being late affect my ability to take care of my own kids. Sure would be nice if they were just as considerate as I am to them.
Josiegirl 10:10 AM 11-19-2020

Oh no I hope your little guy recovers from whatever is going on with him! Momma must be crazy worried.
Josiegirl 10:19 AM 11-19-2020
I don't understand something. The numbers are far worse than they've been since this began, right? Then why are we not going back to what the government was doing then and get the numbers to slow down again?
I'm sure there must be a good reason? Keep pushing back until there is a reliable, safe vaccine. It won't last forever but it takes more patience and time.
daycarediva 11:24 AM 11-19-2020
There is no immunity. Herd immunity will stop the virus from spreading because it will kill everyone. There is no one who is immune
with a 99% survival rate.

I can't even with this BS.
VictoryCare 11:29 AM 11-19-2020
Its only a 99% survival rate if there is not a surge in the infections rates and an influx of those infections in the hospitals, when that happens there is not enough staff to take care of the influx, therefore the mortality rate goes up, and you better believe it, its happening right now all over the world, open your eyes, turn on the news, get your head out of the sand, smh
VictoryCare 11:34 AM 11-19-2020
Tell your 99% survival rate to the more than a quarter of a million people who have died, if that is BS to you, than you definitely need a reality check
VictoryCare 11:55 AM 11-19-2020
Survival rate has nothing to do with immunity..lol..meaning, just because you survived does NOT make you immune to the infection or to its mortality rate
Unregistered 12:05 PM 11-19-2020
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
with a 99% survival rate.

I can't even with this BS.
I’m basing my info off what the CDC says.
I’m sure the info varies in all areas depending on the number of cases but they say;

“The US Center for Disease Control (CDC) has released an update to their research on the fatality rate associated with COVID-19. The CDC first posted this data on May 20, 2020, with the understanding that the parameter values would be updated and augmented over time.

This update, dated September 10th, is based on data received by CDC through August 8, 2020.

CDC COVID-19 Survival Rates

Age 0-19 — 99.997%
Age 20-49 — 99.98%
Age 50-69 — 99.5%
Age 70+ — 94.6%“

CenterTeacher20 02:51 PM 11-19-2020
I'm tired.
Former Teacher 06:30 PM 11-19-2020
Tell your 99% survival rate to the more than a quarter of a million people who have died, if that is BS to you, than you definitely need a reality check
I am curious. You have been a Member here over 2 years. Yet you haven't posted anything about the childcare industry. In fact, all your posts/comments (you haven't started any threads) are on the venting thread and they are all COVID related.

Are you even IN this industry?
VictoryCare 02:34 AM 11-20-2020
Yeah, your right, you caught me, I have been a member for 2 years and waited two years, under the guise that I am a Daycare owner/provider just so I could finally come on here and get on a thread that was made specifically for venting, and talk about the facts of covid, just as a ploy
Annalee 03:50 AM 11-20-2020
Yeah, your right, you caught me, I have been a member for 2 years and waited two years, under the guise that I am a Daycare owner/provider just so I could finally come on here and get on a thread that was made specifically for venting, and talk about the facts of covid, just as a ploy
So do you have a family child care or do you own/work for a center?
dolores 05:29 AM 11-20-2020
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
I am curious. You have been a Member here over 2 years. Yet you haven't posted anything about the childcare industry. In fact, all your posts/comments (you haven't started any threads) are on the venting thread and they are all COVID related.

Are you even IN this industry?
Hold up...have the Russians invaded here too...!?
VictoryCare 07:00 AM 11-20-2020
Yes, I own a Family Daycare, right now Covid IS daycare
VictoryCare 07:03 AM 11-20-2020
Most things are Covid right now, and if you had read my posts you would have read the steps I am taking in my Family Daycare to try and help prevent the spread of Covid, that is in the daycares and everything else. Are most on this thread NOT talking about Covid?
Annalee 07:13 AM 11-20-2020
Yes, I own a Family Daycare, right now Covid IS daycare
???uhmmmm, nope! I still have some good thing going on in family daycare, covid simply throws in some kinks to deal with.
VictoryCare 07:28 AM 11-20-2020
Everyone is dealing with the effects of Covid everywhere, and I too am lucky enough to be experiencing some good as well, but the fact is that covid is a major factor in daycare and everywhere right now, you can disagree for the sake of disagreeing, it matters not to me at all, if you are not happy with my posts you have the ability to not read them
Josiegirl 08:48 AM 11-20-2020
I'm tired.
Any word on how the little boy's doing? Been thinking about him. And you.
CenterTeacher20 08:52 AM 11-20-2020
Nothing for sure yet, he did end up with a little fever last night which he didn't have initially, but with multiple nebulizer treatments he has been able to stay home and been improving a bit already. Good news is that DCM is in healthcare and was able to get a rapid test for herself which already came back negative. So that makes it more likely that his will be negative too!! I'm hopeful. Unfortunately, the nasal/oral non rapid tests in my city have been taking up to 5 or 6 days for results to come back lately. Hopefully this fam has answers sooner!

Thanks for thinking of me
VictoryCare 01:37 PM 11-20-2020
I'm so sorry, I did not mean to offend was just talking about covid. I will not talk of it again here, thank you, I hope every stays healthy and happy, have a great day
MyAngels 07:41 AM 11-21-2020
My vent for the today: I'm sorry to see that the mood of this message board, which used to be at least pretty tolerant, if not always kind, seems to have taken a turn and not to the better. With a few notable exceptions, much more of a junior high "I'm so much smarter than you" vibe, rather than a "professional adult with different viewpoints" vibe.
CenterTeacher20 06:30 AM 11-23-2020
He tested negative! So its more than likely just his asthma and another bug. He has improved dramatically and will more than likely be back tomorrow!
CountryRoads 07:19 AM 11-23-2020
Dcm: "I'm sure it's on the newsletter that I never read, but what days are you closed this week?" "Also, is there anything else I need to know about that would be on the newsletter?"

Gee, I don't know. How about you actually READ IT.

This is the same dcm who had no clue about a closure last month and found out about it when I told her I would see her Monday at Thursday pick-up. She was so flustered and had no clue what she was going to do the next day. I explained to her at that point that my closures are always on the newsletters. I was caught off guard and didn't know what to say to her comments this morning.

Blows my mind that she still continues to ignore the newsletters Would it be wrong to leave her out of my reminder message about Christmas break?? lol
springv 09:12 AM 11-23-2020
We have that exact same problem at our center. We even out signs on the doors and STILL have parents coming in and asking questions. READ THE SIGN!!!!
Josiegirl 01:06 PM 11-23-2020
He tested negative! So its more than likely just his asthma and another bug. He has improved dramatically and will more than likely be back tomorrow!
Well that's definitely good news! Asthma and children is such a scary mix, same with diabetes and children. I hope he recovers quickly and easily and can get to doing what kids are supposed to be doing, playing and having fun.
Thank you for the update!!
Former Teacher 05:49 PM 11-23-2020
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
Dcm: "I'm sure it's on the newsletter that I never read, but what days are you closed this week?" "Also, is there anything else I need to know about that would be on the newsletter?"

Gee, I don't know. How about you actually READ IT.

This is the same dcm who had no clue about a closure last month and found out about it when I told her I would see her Monday at Thursday pick-up. She was so flustered and had no clue what she was going to do the next day. I explained to her at that point that my closures are always on the newsletters. I was caught off guard and didn't know what to say to her comments this morning.

Blows my mind that she still continues to ignore the newsletters Would it be wrong to leave her out of my reminder message about Christmas break?? lol
We solved that at my former center. When we were closed for a holiday we had the parents sign an acknowledgement sheet indicting (after they were told WHAT they were signing) that they knew when we were closed.

Yes....we were babysitting the parents . BUT it gave us such great pleasure the few times when the parents acted dumb like they didn't know and we showed them the paper they signed
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 
Reply Up