Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Halloween Games
Christina72684 02:11 PM 10-24-2011
Any ideas for games for a Halloween party? We're going to do ring toss with hula hoops and pumpkins, but after that we're clueless! We have mostly 3 year olds.
dEHmom 11:48 AM 10-27-2011
aww I can't believe there were no responses!

I searched the forum for halloween party, I have a almost 2 yr old, 2 yr old, 2-3yr olds, and I'm completely at a loss at what to do with them tomorrow.

We're going to have some treats, and I'll get them to trick or treat at one point.

We have to paint some crafts we made, but other than that I seriously have no idea.

ALL of them have no attention span whatsoever.
WImom 01:01 PM 10-27-2011
I put alphabet letters on ghost cutouts and I'm going to hide them around the room for the kids to find. (I'll have a master alphabet list so we can check off as we go). I do this with every holiday, they love it.
dEHmom 01:08 PM 10-27-2011
Originally Posted by WImom:
I put alphabet letters on ghost cutouts and I'm going to hide them around the room for the kids to find. (I'll have a master alphabet list so we can check off as we go). I do this with every holiday, they love it.
oooh I'd love to do that! I might have to change it to pictures of things instead though, because non of these kids read yet!
SilverSabre25 01:16 PM 10-27-2011
Originally Posted by dEHmom:
oooh I'd love to do that! I might have to change it to pictures of things instead though, because non of these kids read yet!
A--Apple (with a worm)
B--Bat
C--candy corn
D-- Donut
E-- eyeball
F--Frankenstein
G--Ghost
H--Hat (witch's)
I--
J-Jack-O-Lantern
K--
L--
M--Monster
N-- Nuts (okay, reaching here...)
O--
P--Pumpkin (not a JOL)
Q-- Queen (someone might dress up as one...)
R-- Rat
S--Skeleton
T-- Tombstone
U--
V-- Vampire
W-- Witch
X--
Y--
Z--Zombie (I'm sure you can find a "cute" zombie)

I'm outta Halloween-y ideas here...can anyone else come up with the things I'm missing? I was reaching
daycare 01:37 PM 10-27-2011
maybe you can put some of the letter in costumes..lol like a unicorn

are they pictures??

i-inch worms
o- owl
k-kitten black
L-lantern
u- unicorn
x- fox and put a capital X....i see this a lot with stuff that I have or maybe an xray of a skeleton?
y-yummy treats/candy

lol sorry hope I am not taking this the wrong direction

super cute, I think that I am going to do it too....can you explain a little more how you do it??
Blackcat31 02:10 PM 10-27-2011
Here are a couple of cool sites that list some fun sounding games for the holiday!

http://www.kids-fun-and-games.com/ha...-for-kids.html

http://www.perpetualpreschool.com/ho...een_games.html

http://funschool.kaboose.com/fun-blaster/halloween/

http://www.perpetualpreschool.com/halloween.html

I am not sure how age appropriate they are or aren't for your particular age group but there has to be something fun on one of those sites.
meganlavonnesmommy 05:36 PM 10-27-2011
Here is our halloween party ideas:

Ghost poop race (mini marshmallows on a spoon, the first to fill their bowl wins)
Ghost footprint craft
making candy necklaces
pin the wart on the witch
daycare 05:43 PM 10-27-2011
lol ghost poop race....now thats one I have never heard of... too funny
mema 07:42 AM 10-28-2011
We had ours last week since the SA's wanted to join and they were out of school. We painted small pumpkins, decorated a cookie (for pm snack), ghost footprints, dressed up, and played ring toss with witches hats and the rings from twister hopscotch.
AnythingsPossible 01:51 PM 10-28-2011
I've done toilet paper mummies in the past. Everyone gets a turn and we wrap them up in toilet paper. When they decide to rip it off, it makes a big mess, but they have fun doing it.
SilverSabre25 08:41 PM 10-30-2011
I think we're going to do freeze dancing to the Monster Mash, Ghost Bowling (I dressed our bowling pins up as ghosts and they're super cute!), a couple of crafts including making the ghost feet. Also lots of general playing, haha. I have a yummy thematic snack and a yummy thematic lunch planned though, which will be fun. Might find time heavy on our hands, lol, but it will be fun anyway.
DCMom 11:25 AM 10-31-2011
Sorry to be late on this one!!

Musical Chairs...we have been playing it all morning, lol. I use a Halloween Theme song CD for the music.

Mini Pumpkin rolling relay race...they roll a mini pumpkin down a tape line (decorated with stickers) to their partner and the partner rolls is back, etc. First to finish wins. The school agers love this one, I always pair them up with a little. It evolved from pumpkin bowling that used to get just too loud and rowdy.

Costume 'fashion show' (for pictures)

Halloween Bingo. I made the cards years ago out of tagboard and stickers, created a 'master board' and we use candy corn as the markers. Winners get a tattoo, sticker, spider ring, etc. Another favorite here.
Tags:games, halloween
Reply Up