Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Provider Appreciation Day - Do You Tell Parents??
Unregistered 08:39 AM 04-30-2012
Just wondering, do any of you tell parents about provider appreciation day, may 11th? I was going to include it on my calendar for May that I give the parents with all the special dates for the day care, but didn't know if that was inappropriate???

Just get irritated sometimes that parents don't even realize this day exists and we never get recognized.
Any thoughts???
Jenniferdawn 08:54 AM 04-30-2012
Hmmm, I didn't even know about it??!! lol I wouldn't expect my parents to know about it either. I personally wouldn't tell them. I feel like it's asking for something special and to me it doesn't really mean much if I have to ask for it. If they want to do something special for me or acknowledge me in some way, I'll let them do it how they want to, if at all.
Heidi 09:01 AM 04-30-2012
Hey...I'm taking that day off, as it happens, so maybe I'll pretend it's for Provider Appreciation Day.

I always put "important dates" on my newletter, so I think I'll put it on there.
Christian Mother 09:30 AM 04-30-2012
Well,...you could pick up flowers and if someone asks about them just say they where given to in honor of provider appreciation day,..heheh!!

No, I don't say anything to parents about it..I have a parent who's a teacher and teacher appreciation is the week of May 4-11th. So, I do something nice for her but also we prepare for Mother's Day gifts on the 11th too.
sharlan 09:34 AM 04-30-2012
No. I would feel a little weird about, like asking for a gift.
snbauser 10:05 AM 04-30-2012
I put it in my special dates section of my newsletter every year. I don't expect anything and I don't think I have ever gotten anything. But I have great parents who typically give me small gifts throughout the year.
Tags:provider appreciation day
Reply Up