Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Curriculum>Curriculum
anappleadaycare 01:21 PM 08-31-2010
does anyone have a curriculum they would recommend? i want one that includes all supplies. i have 2-3 year olds in care
Preschool/daycare teacher 06:35 PM 09-01-2010
I HIGHLY recommend Funsteps to Learning company. They have a curriculum for 2-3 year olds specifically, called Two Steps. This is my first year using them, but it looks like it's going to be really good. What kind of supplies do you mean? As in scissors and glue, or as in all supplies needed for craft projects (like pre-cut construction paper, yarn, pipe cleaners, etc)? This curriculum does not include scissors or that type of thing, but they have everything ready to go for any crafts you'll be doing.
I decided on them because they have a curriculum geared for the developmental needs of 2-3 yr olds specifically AND another one (Funsteps) for 3-5 yr olds (which I use in my 4-5 yr old class). So when I'm planning out that days activities, I don't have to alter the activities for my younger class, or have to wonder if that activity would be expecting too much out of the children. They also give a lot of tips for teaching that age group (allowing for their short attention spans, the fact that they will get into everything within reach, etc). Just so you know, though, the lesson plans are for only 3 days a week. But there's enough you could add to it, or extend certain activities to make it a 5 day a week program, if needed. Also, they do not recommend alphabet or number activities for 2-3 yr olds, as they're not age appropriate, so they do not include them in the lesson plans. They do give a few ideas for activities you can do, though, if you decide to incorporate the alphabet and numbers into your lesson plans anyway.
Here's the website: www.funsteps.com Let me know what you decide on, though, because if you find a better one for that age group, I'd like to know about it. That age group is so hard when it comes to doing Preschool!
Tags:curriculum, funshine express, mother goose time
Reply Up