Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>And....The Doorbell Rings
melilley 11:36 AM 11-06-2013
Ughhh!!! The doorbell just rang. I got up and went to the door and on my way there, knocking begins....now the domino effect of children waking up begins. Thank you lady who came to my door and rang the doorbell AND then knocked loudly. Awesome. It was a lady handing out literature about discussing the bible with Jehovah's Witnesses.

Would it be tacky to hang a sign on the door at nap time telling people NOT to ring the doorbell or knock? They can come back later if needed....lol
MsLaura529 11:38 AM 11-06-2013
I have a sign on my door that I put up every single day at nap time. It says, "It is nap time. Please do not knock or ring the doorbell. Thank you". Our mail comes right in the middle of nap time, so if she ever has to deliver something to the front door, this way it won't disturb everyone else.
Unregistered 11:38 AM 11-06-2013
Originally Posted by melilley:
Ughhh!!! The doorbell just rang. I got up and went to the door and on my way there, knocking begins....now the domino effect of children waking up begins. Thank you lady who came to my door and rang the doorbell AND then knocked loudly. Awesome. It was a lady handing out literature about discussing the bible with Jehovah's Witnesses.

Would it be tacky to hang a sign on the door at nap time telling people NOT to ring the doorbell or knock? They can come back later if needed....lol
I have a No solicitors sign on my door ($1 at walmart) then under it I have a note saying please knock quietly between 12pm to 2 pm. I disabled my doorbell!
melilley 11:39 AM 11-06-2013
Originally Posted by MsLaura529:
I have a sign on my door that I put up every single day at nap time. It says, "It is nap time. Please do not knock or ring the doorbell. Thank you". Our mail comes right in the middle of nap time, so if she ever has to deliver something to the front door, this way it won't disturb everyone else.
I think I'm going to do the same!
Lkurtyak 11:39 AM 11-06-2013
It would not be rude. I do this. After I had a week where True Green, Christian missionaries and Fed Ex showed up all at nap time, I find it is essential!
Brooksie 11:47 AM 11-06-2013

No way! Every nap time I have a sign that says

Shhhhh......It's Naptimehere at Sprouts. Please refrain from knocking. Thank you.

If I'm expecting the UPS man I put an additional sign over the doorbell that says, "that means no doorbell either" with an arrow pointing to the other sign.
Cat Herder 11:49 AM 11-06-2013
This one is cute.
Attached: baby sleeping.jpg (10.9 KB) wake him.jpg (8.6 KB) 
melilley 11:56 AM 11-06-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
This one is cute.
I'm for the second one!
Cat Herder 11:58 AM 11-06-2013
I'm for the second one!
They also have the "Mom and Baby" sleeping ones... Those are great for the "window stalkers" who jump up and down (and wave) in front of your windows to get your attention instead.

Some folks feel "NO" does not apply to them.
melilley 12:02 PM 11-06-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
They also have the "Mom and Baby" sleeping ones... Those are great for the "window stalkers" who jump up and down (and wave) in front of your windows to get your attention instead.

Some folks feel "NO" does not apply to them.
Had to laugh....people actually do that?!
Stepping 12:03 PM 11-06-2013
I put up a sign at nap time. This does not prevent my hubby from walking in and waking everyone up though
hgonzalez 12:03 PM 11-06-2013
LOL, I actually disconnected my doorbell for that very reason. My dogs barked like crazy when they heard it and would wake everyone up, so I disconnected it.

I just have to remember to let delivery people know to knock in the evening!
melilley 12:07 PM 11-06-2013
Originally Posted by Stepping:
I put up a sign at nap time. This does not prevent my hubby from walking in and waking everyone up though
Ugh, mine does the same! There's also bag rattling from him eating snacks, tv noise, talking, just being loud! I have one dck who sleeps in the living room with me and sometimes gets woken up by him. He just doesn't understand how loud he can be!
WImom 12:15 PM 11-06-2013
I have a sign on my door - over my door bell - otherwise they were still ringing it. So far so good for 3 years. The mail does knock loudly though

I don't know how but during daycare my dogs do not bark when the door bell rings or there is knocking. At night and the weekends they go nuts. I think they much think it's just a daycare parent to take these noisy kids home...lol
Great Beginnings 12:16 PM 11-06-2013
Not rude at all! I disabled my doorbell because the only thing worse then a nap time buzzer is a kid who buzzes it repeatidly at 7am and the parents that actually find it cute.

I used to put a sign up but now all my friends know that visits between noon and 3pm are very unwelcomed lol! The mail lady and UPS guy know that I do daycare and just leave packages on my porch quietly.
pandamom 12:36 PM 11-06-2013
NOt rude.
When my twins were babies, I disabled my doorbell and had a sign on the door at eye level that said, " Don't knock or ring doorbell. There are two babies sleeping." I put that sign up during their nap times. Never had any issues
Reply Up