Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Great Form To Use When You Require Doctor Note...
MN Day Mom 07:44 AM 04-06-2011
I found this form this morning at my counties website.... I think the form is GREAT for when you are requiring a doctor note for a child to return.... it allows you the provider to include information that you want the doctor to know

http://www.hennepin.us/files/Hennepi...CPevalform.pdf
Blackcat31 08:17 AM 04-06-2011
Originally Posted by MN Day Mom:
I found this form this morning at my counties website.... I think the form is GREAT for when you are requiring a doctor note for a child to return.... it allows you the provider to include information that you want the doctor to know

Yes, it is a great form....I copied it right out of the book it came from and use it for every incident where I send the child home or he/she needs to see the doctor.
MN Day Mom 08:46 AM 04-06-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Yes, it is a great form....I copied it right out of the book it came from and use it for every incident where I send the child home or he/she needs to see the doctor.
Is the book worth the money???
Blackcat31 09:00 AM 04-06-2011
Is the book worth the money???
Totally!! I print off the illness info for each specific illness if someone has it and it tells the exclusion policy, causes, treatments, incubation periods, contagious periods and all sorts of good stuff for the parent and the provider. I use it like a Bible for every sniffle and cough that comes my way! Definitely worth the money! If you have the opportunity to purchase one; I would recommend it for sure!
MN Day Mom 09:37 AM 04-06-2011
Totally!! I print off the illness info for each specific illness if someone has it and it tells the exclusion policy, causes, treatments, incubation periods, contagious periods and all sorts of good stuff for the parent and the provider. I use it like a Bible for every sniffle and cough that comes my way! Definitely worth the money! If you have the opportunity to purchase one; I would recommend it for sure!
Thanks oodles! I found where I can order it from Hennepin County!
MNmamaOf4 09:43 AM 04-06-2011
Thanks oodles! I found where I can order it from Hennepin County!
Thanks for sharing. Also what is this said book you rave about? Please share!
PitterPatter 10:06 AM 04-06-2011

I just checked that out and got happy! Then I thought 2 things. Will my state have a problem with me using it and the parent could just fill it out themselves. I could call and confirm I guess? I like the Dr.s to send it from the office on the letterhead. That way it's less likely to be falsified.

I just worry a lot because I have 1 parent that will push her kid in here every time he is sick and argue with me that he isn't. I told her last time allergies aren't green! She argued the Dr said they could be. So I waited til the fever went up (assuming she brought it down with tylenol) It came up to 101 and I sent him home. I guess I need a written letter from God himself telling the parent that allergies aren't green!

Anyway Thanks bunches for the form I can use it with my non rule breaking clients!
Blackcat31 10:15 AM 04-06-2011
Originally Posted by MNmamaOf4:
Thanks for sharing. Also what is this said book you rave about? Please share!
Infectious Diseases In Childcare Settings and Schools.
Information for Directors, Caregivers, Parens and School Health Staff

Prepared by Hennepin County Community Health Department Epidemiology and Environmental Health
The page for ordering info says to contact:
St. Louis County Auditor
St. Louis County Public Health Dept
222 East Superior Street
Duluth, MN 55802
or call (218) 725-5210

the e-mail for Hennepin County is epi-envhlth@co.hennepin.mn.us
It says the bookis $24.50

I have no idea if this info is still valid or not since I got my book free from my licensor back in 2003. If it is still available for purchase it is defintely worth the money.
MNmamaOf4 10:26 AM 04-06-2011
Infectious Diseases In Childcare Settings and Schools.
Information for Directors, Caregivers, Parens and School Health Staff

Prepared by Hennepin County Community Health Department Epidemiology and Environmental Health
The page for ordering info says to contact:
St. Louis County Auditor
St. Louis County Public Health Dept
222 East Superior Street
Duluth, MN 55802
or call (218) 725-5210

the e-mail for Hennepin County is epi-envhlth@co.hennepin.mn.us
It says the bookis $24.50

I have no idea if this info is still valid or not since I got my book free from my licensor back in 2003. If it is still available for purchase it is defintely worth the money.
Awesome! Thanks for sharing, I'm going to look into it.
MN Day Mom 11:34 AM 04-06-2011
Here is the order form...

http://www.hennepin.us/files/Hennepi...aOrderform.pdf

and here is the page I got it from.... order form is at bottom of page... the page it self has a lot of information on it... kind of wonder if it has all the same information that the book has?

http://www.hennepin.us/portal/site/H...0049114689RCRD
Unregistered 11:44 AM 04-06-2011
I read a handy dandy post on the wall about green snot and how it is always caused by a virus and antibiotics would not help (CDC). We have strep. Our major symptom is green snot. We are not running a fever. They sent us back to school and work. School and work sent us back home. I am still waiting for them to call us back about getting another note, since they insist they can only excuse us for the DAY WE ARE SEEN.

I have child care assistance. I am required to take my child unless the MD excuses him. I am also required to report to work. Our MDs do not care.

What can I say to make them work with us?
Blackcat31 02:26 PM 04-06-2011
Here is the order form...

http://www.hennepin.us/files/Hennepi...aOrderform.pdf

and here is the page I got it from.... order form is at bottom of page... the page it self has a lot of information on it... kind of wonder if it has all the same information that the book has?http://www.hennepin.us/portal/site/H...0049114689RCRD
Oh wow! Save yourself the money unless you prefer paper copies to use because the link you posted IS the book pretty much in an on-line version. The individual fact sheets are what I print and handout to the parents. I use it as my guideline for exclusion or not. I didn't know they have it on-line now.
treehugger82 06:20 AM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have child care assistance. I am required to take my child unless the MD excuses him. I am also required to report to work. Our MDs do not care.

What can I say to make them work with us?
I would say exactly this. If they don't care....find another MD.
MarinaVanessa 07:07 AM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by Tygerluv:
I just checked that out and got happy! Then I thought 2 things. Will my state have a problem with me using it and the parent could just fill it out themselves. I could call and confirm I guess? I like the Dr.s to send it from the office on the letterhead. That way it's less likely to be falsified.
You know I was just thinking about that same thing and the solution that I came up with was this. Since that actual form says sample and has the name of a different state than the one that I am in I would type/make my own up to suit my needs anyway so I thought about leaving a box or blank area blank where the clinic/Dr/Hospital can stamp it KWIM? Each time you take your kid to get their shots they stamp their immunization card with the facility's stamp so I'm sure that they could do this with the form too.
MN Day Mom 07:21 AM 04-07-2011
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
You know I was just thinking about that same thing and the solution that I came up with was this. Since that actual form says sample and has the name of a different state than the one that I am in I would type/make my own up to suit my needs anyway so I thought about leaving a box or blank area blank where the clinic/Dr/Hospital can stamp it KWIM? Each time you take your kid to get their shots they stamp their immunization card with the facility's stamp so I'm sure that they could do this with the form too.
I was thinking of creating my own using their template and in the doctor section ask them to attach their recommedations to the form with their letter head and also sign the form I sent.
Tags:doctor's note, letter samples
Reply Up