Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-22-2012, 09:42 PM
Chaos Coordinator :)

Default Contract End/Renewal Dates?

Do you put an end date or renewal date in your contracts? A date that all contracts must be revised and re-signed? or do you have an addendum that is added at the end of the calendar year extending the contract? I've seen it done both ways (and ones with no end dates) and I'm wonder what the general consensus on this is?
Old 09-22-2012, 09:51 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

My contracts have an end date at that time everyone signs a new contract that is also when update my policy manual
Old 09-23-2012, 06:36 AM

My contracts are all re-newed/up-dated and re-signed the first of September every year.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:55 AM

I don't have an end date on mine but have been thinking about doing annual renewals for mine. Can't decide if I want September or January - since I'm not a school and my vacation, etc. is all on calendar year I figure that Dec/Jan might make more sense than September.
Old 09-23-2012, 09:48 PM
Daycare.com Member

Is there any particular reason to renew. I dont provide care hourly or by the day, so I'm just wondering if this would make sense for me to do? Why do home daycares do this?
Old 09-24-2012, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneluckymom View Post
Is there any particular reason to renew. I dont provide care hourly or by the day, so I'm just wondering if this would make sense for me to do? Why do home daycares do this?
I don't think I am requried by regs to re-new but I chose to do it because it is a nice way to reiterate policies and rules for parents.

Sometimes when they start care, their little one might have been a baby and now rules they paid no attention to apply now that their child is older or maybe I have had an issue with something they do or don't do so I take the re-newal time to go over my rules and remind parents of them.

I also like to re-new each year as I might have made new rules or deleted old ones or maybe changed my rates or vacation times and/or policies so for me yearly renewal works great!

I also choose September to do my renewals because half my families are teacher families and it just makes sense to do it then.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:24 AM

I hand out new ones every yr. in Dec. for the New year.
Old 09-24-2012, 11:01 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
I don't think I am requried by regs to re-new but I chose to do it because it is a nice way to reiterate policies and rules for parents.

Sometimes when they start care, their little one might have been a baby and now rules they paid no attention to apply now that their child is older or maybe I have had an issue with something they do or don't do so I take the re-newal time to go over my rules and remind parents of them.I also like to re-new each year as I might have made new rules or deleted old ones or maybe changed my rates or vacation times and/or policies so for me yearly renewal works great!

I also choose September to do my renewals because half my families are teacher families and it just makes sense to do it then.
This makes sense. So do you JUST do the contract when you have made no changes to the handbook and they are basically agreeing to another year of childcare?

When you have made changes to portions of the handbook do you give them a whole new handbook or just a list of said changes that you have made and have them sign it?
Old 09-24-2012, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneluckymom View Post
This makes sense. So do you JUST do the contract when you have made no changes to the handbook and they are basically agreeing to another year of childcare?

When you have made changes to portions of the handbook do you give them a whole new handbook or just a list of said changes that you have made and have them sign it?
Yes, I just print off the contract (if I have no changes) and have them sign and date and call it good for a year. Although they aren't obligated to stay for another year, they know my contract won't change again for another year (UNLESS something super important needs tobe changed).

Yes, I print off a whole copy of the entire handbook if there were changes and give them one. (lots of paper but deductible )

If I have a specific issue with the family or an important point I want to make, I will highlight that area of the handbook. I also include a letter saying it is contract update time and will mention to individual families to make sure they pay special attention to certain parts of the handbook.

Tags
contract renewal, contract updates, renewal of contract