Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>So Annoyed and Frustrated!
justgettingstarted 01:03 PM 07-15-2012
Looks like double no shows/no calls today. Spent hours this morning putting together parent handbooks and doing an extra thorough cleaning this morning instead of our usual family breakfast out and quality time with DS, all for people who can't even be bothered to call and tell me they can't make it. This is the only part of daycare that I absolutely HATE! Vent over.
Truly Scrumptious 02:14 PM 07-15-2012
They do it all the time...I'm like you...if you change your mind, just call and tell me...I don't get it.

One thing I do now that helps is, I call either the day before or the morning before and confirm our appointment. If I get a machine, I will leave a message and I always close by saying that if I don't hear back from them, then I will assume that they've changed their mind and they're not coming.
That way I'm not wasting my time.
cheerfuldom 04:44 PM 07-15-2012
Confirming appts is a great idea! Let them know that if they dont confirm the day before, then you consider the appt cancelled. I do tidy up the place but I dont worry about stressing myself doing any deep cleaning out of the ordinary.
justgettingstarted 05:12 PM 07-15-2012
I ask that they call the morning of the appointment to confirm and get my address then. I think I will ask that they call the day before from now on. I clean house and grocery shop on Sundays anyway but I do a little extra for interviews. Most of my time was spent on the handbooks. I was completely out everything so I had to print labels, business cards, update the manual and print them, made a few other changes, printed and put everything together. Just stinks I don't understand people I would never do this to someone.
Blackcat31 05:30 PM 07-15-2012
I am sorry you were no showed. That does suck!

On a positive note though, you now have copies of your handbook readily available so the next time you have an interview, you are one step ahead.

I keep a folder with a copy of my handbook, contract and other necessary items available at all times as interviews can happen at a moments notice and I like to have the stuff prepared ahead of time.

I also schedule interviews toward the end of my work day and NEVER on weekends or after hours so that if I am no showed, it will never affect my personal plans.

I also require an family scheduled to interview to call and confirm the day before or I will assume they aren't interested and not coming.

I also make it VERY clear when setting up the interview that if they are running late or need to reschedule and don't call to tell me, that I will not entertain the idea of rescheduling or ever enrolling them. I also let them know I will wait 10 minutes before considering the interview cancelled without contact.
Meeko 06:44 AM 07-16-2012
I do all my appointments after hours M-Th. When setting up the appointment, I tell them they must call by 3PM the day of the appointment to confirm. If I have not heard from them, I will assume they are no longer interested and will open up the interview to someone else or go home the second the last child leaves. (My day care is separate from my home)
justgettingstarted 11:48 AM 07-16-2012
Well here we go again, got another interview for this evening. If they don't show I may cry
Blackcat31 11:57 AM 07-16-2012
Originally Posted by thinkinboutstarting:
Well here we go again, got another interview for this evening. If they don't show I may cry
I would start with calling them to confirm. May save you from being no showed later.

In the future, I would absolutely require families to call and confirm the day of the interview or then night before.

If they show up.....good luck! Sending good vibes and hoping you sign on a new family!
clep 12:00 PM 07-16-2012
Looks like double no shows/no calls today. Spent hours this morning putting together parent handbooks and doing an extra thorough cleaning this morning instead of our usual family breakfast out and quality time with DS, all for people who can't even be bothered to call and tell me they can't make it. This is the only part of daycare that I absolutely HATE! Vent over.
Family first. I don't interrupt family time for day home. Meet and greets are only right after day home hours. I do not clean my house any more than it already is. My home is clean but can be untidy at times. If parents do not understand that, so be it. I imagine that their home is not always perfect and if they want perfection, they can go elsewhere.

I have one parent handbook that I go through with them at the meet and greet. If we are interested in the idea of further care, I email it to them.

If they don't show I am grateful. I would rather know before they come that they are unreliable then finding out after care starts.
Truly Scrumptious 12:29 PM 07-16-2012
Originally Posted by clep:
Family first. I don't interrupt family time for day home. Meet and greets are only right after day home hours. I do not clean my house any more than it already is. My home is clean but can be untidy at times. If parents do not understand that, so be it. I imagine that their home is not always perfect and if they want perfection, they can go elsewhere.

I have one parent handbook that I go through with them at the meet and greet. If we are interested in the idea of further care, I email it to them.

If they don't show I am grateful. I would rather know before they come that they are unreliable then finding out after care starts.
Exactly my thoughts...parents really do us a big favor by showing their true colors upfront.
justgettingstarted 07:38 PM 07-16-2012
Not only did they show up they're a great young family and they want to sign up! Calling tomorrow with start date! Woohoo! I'm officially full!
Blackcat31 06:40 AM 07-17-2012
Not only did they show up they're a great young family and they want to sign up! Calling tomorrow with start date! Woohoo! I'm officially full!
Awesome!

I am so happy things worked out for you and they are enrolling!
SilverSabre25 07:36 AM 07-17-2012

mema 11:07 AM 07-17-2012
Sweet! There must have been a reason the others didn't show then!

Tags:confirmed appointment, no show
Reply Up