Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>2 Hours a Day, 5 Days a Week???
AllDeezBabies 05:27 PM 01-09-2012

I have a potential DCM that wants to bring her children for only 2 hours a day (3pm to 5pm) Monday through Friday. Here in Illinois the going payrate for part time is almost $70/week or $13.78 per day, per child. I feel that for only 2 hours of care for her 2 children is kind of steep. Since she is a cash paying parent I was think more along the lines of $50 per week per child.

Do you all think this reasonable or am I selling myself short? I accept childcare subsidy but not all parents qualify for it. This is the case here. Please help???
mismatchedsocks 05:30 PM 01-09-2012
Are they taking up a spot, do they overlap with other kids? That is my number one thought. Other then that 2 kids@ my drop in rate of $5/hour each, so $20 a day or $100 a week. Unless they signed a contract to pay each week if their kids are here or not and its not overlapping someone else, then I would do my part time rate of $3.50/hour per kid, so $14/day or $90 a week. I am in Wisconsin, so this is pretty much what you are thinking.
SilverSabre25 05:31 PM 01-09-2012
I wouldn't look at the going rate for part-time, I'd looked at the rate for after school care and then go from there.
Cat Herder 05:50 PM 01-09-2012
What are the chances of frequent late pick-ups?
countrymom 05:56 PM 01-09-2012
for 2 kids for 2 hours would be 35 dollars a day. I use to charge 5 dollars an hour for drop ins, but stopped, but if they are after school kids then for 2 kids, I would charge 7 dollars an hour so that would work out to 70 dollars a week, thats reasonable.
AllDeezBabies 08:27 PM 01-09-2012
Originally Posted by Catherder:
What are the chances of frequent late pick-ups?
She works at the local Walmart a few blocks from my home and lives next door. I suspect little to no chance.
AllDeezBabies 08:32 PM 01-09-2012
Originally Posted by lilrugrats:
Are they taking up a spot, do they overlap with other kids? That is my number one thought. Other then that 2 kids@ my drop in rate of $5/hour each, so $20 a day or $100 a week. Unless they signed a contract to pay each week if their kids are here or not and its not overlapping someone else, then I would do my part time rate of $3.50/hour per kid, so $14/day or $90 a week. I am in Wisconsin, so this is pretty much what you are thinking.
I was thinking that the best thing would be to have them overlap. I still want to keep my full time slots available. My licensing rep said I'm able to care for up to 2 children for before and after care.

We haven't signed the contract yet but she did ask about rates today when she stopped by. She has been waiting for me to get my license and once she got the message that my license arrived she came right over.

That's exactly what I'm talking about.
AllDeezBabies 08:34 PM 01-09-2012
Originally Posted by countrymom:
for 2 kids for 2 hours would be 35 dollars a day. I use to charge 5 dollars an hour for drop ins, but stopped, but if they are after school kids then for 2 kids, I would charge 7 dollars an hour so that would work out to 70 dollars a week, thats reasonable.
That does sound reasonable.
AllDeezBabies 08:35 PM 01-09-2012
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
I wouldn't look at the going rate for part-time, I'd looked at the rate for after school care and then go from there.
You have a point. I need to add and make separate part time care and before/after school care. That's what I was getting hung up on.

You ladies are great!!!!
Reply Up