Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>You know it's Monday when...
daycarediva 05:53 AM 02-03-2014
There is an 'issue' at EVERY DROP OFF.

dcg/3 says "I PUKED THIS MORNING!" She even still SMELLED like puke.

dcb/3 comes asleep, in pjs, and Mom is holding a backpack (no-no) asking me to let him sleep and change him when he wakes up.

dcb/3 comes with ipad in hand.

dcg/2 Dad spends 5 minutes explaining how her low grade fever, snotty nose, bad diaper rash is caused by teething.

dcg/4 comes with a yohoo and full sized chocolate donut.

Sooo... I have 3 kids here now.

how about you?
MotherNature 06:36 AM 02-03-2014
I have none. Mondays & Tuesdays I only have one kid. My son had a fever last week, so the pt girl never came & the ft baby did. Guess whose whole family is now sick? So yeah, the baby is staying home today. But Ireally like the family. They elected to come, so they're not mad about being sick. It happens.
Cat Herder 07:14 AM 02-03-2014
Too funny....

I had one at the door with Ipad in hand, halfway through a movie I will make sure that child is still painting at pick-up time (his favorite activity).

Followed shortly by DCD dropping off two covered in chocolate I will make sure to post a photo of them "doing early am crafts" with it all over their white frilly shirts for DCM to ask me about.

The next to arrive was a pair covered in dog hair and mud. I will write that one off since DCM also had it on her nice work clothing, her neighbors dogs. We may even make her an e-card later.

Last was a screaming infant with a quick "I am so sorry, I ran out of time, he has not been fed...." I am still plotting on this one....

*** Now the truth is they will all be perfectly coiffed, re-dressed in clean clothing (white shirts already soaking in pre-treatment, the rest in laundry ) and perfectly happy at pick-up today. Like every other day. It is what I do.

It is still fun to plot, though...isn't it.
DaycareMomma 07:19 AM 02-03-2014
My almost 3 year old dcb came in a bit sad, it happens sometimes, especially when dad is leaving for 2 weeks to go to training (he's in the Army), he soon forgets about being sad and as mom is taking off his boots and snowpants says to him "Now you don't need to cry just because mommy is leaving you here at daycare." Cue the crying again! THANKS MOM! He was fine and you had to bring it up again! I could have slapped her!

Then I had my 13 month screamer come in sleeping and dad tells me she did not get a nap yesterday and went to bed at 10 and was up at 4am! Super, just fricken super! So now miss cry all day is going to be worse than normal.
Blackcat31 07:45 AM 02-03-2014
Mondays are weird for me.

Kids are running in the door, barely glancing backwards to wave at their parents, happy and excited to be here....

Parents do THE shortest drop off's ever on Mondays....and always have that look on their face that says "Even if you charged me $100 just for today I would still be leaving them here...."

It's usually Friday's drop offs that I have the "negative" behavioral issues...by that time, the parent has had enough time without their child to regroup placating (um, I mean parenting) becomes easier for them.
Cat Herder 08:28 AM 02-03-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

It's usually Friday's drop offs that I have the "negative" behavioral issues...
Even today???

Lucky!! Every one of my clients looked hung over..... Only two were working today.

Maybe Super Bowl parties are calmer where you are?? I had to revert to two-nap Monday. The kids are shot...
NoMoreJuice! 08:35 AM 02-03-2014
I had one family show up 25 minutes early while I was vacuuming in my pjs chugging coffee!

Also had one 3 y/o girl show up drinking a quick trip 32 ounce styrofoam cup of chocolate milk...WITH NO LID. What is wrong with parents giving kids chocolate in the morning right before they bring them to dc?? I wanted to strangle that dcm. Luckily, I hadn't finished my coffee yet and my eyes were a bit unfocused, so when I aimed for her neck, she thought I was trying to take her daughter's coat to hang up, so I just went with that.
nanglgrl 10:22 AM 02-03-2014
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:
I had one family show up 25 minutes early while I was vacuuming in my pjs chugging coffee!

Also had one 3 y/o girl show up drinking a quick trip 32 ounce styrofoam cup of chocolate milk...WITH NO LID. What is wrong with parents giving kids chocolate in the morning right before they bring them to dc?? I wanted to strangle that dcm. Luckily, I hadn't finished my coffee yet and my eyes were a bit unfocused, so when I aimed for her neck, she thought I was trying to take her daughter's coat to hang up, so I just went with that.

Naptime yet? 10:29 AM 02-03-2014
I have started off the week going against my own policy; Idiot! This may come back to bite me in the rear, but in a weird way it may work to my advantage...blasted weather!
TwinKristi 10:29 AM 02-03-2014
Yeah it's definitely a Monday here too! My DS was a teething mess from wake up til the Motrin kicked in, DCG has a diaper rash and DCD didn't tell me. DCB has a little healing sore on his mouth. He gets them from time to time but he also had a fever Fri night, Sat all day but was fine Sunday and today. Dh left the grill out which he KNOWS he shouldn't and I moved it where it goes and cut my fingers doing so. One needed a bandaid! One of my other DS's is home sick as well! No fever but a tummy ache and head ache. He's confined to his room. Oh and dh is being a butthead! Yay!!
Josiegirl 10:45 AM 02-03-2014
The kids are all sleeping now, but boy, were they ever cranky this a.m. Bossy, not sharing, my sweetest one was a real mess at lunchtime, and 1 dcg bit another dcg. I have 3 that are all about the same age. Between them all, there is a fair share of biting, pulling hair and toys. BUT we were able to play outside which was great!
Hmm, come to think of it, this could have described any day of the week.
CraftyMom 10:48 AM 02-03-2014
Gotta love Mondays! Today wasn't too bad, so far anyway!! Sometimes the very word Monday makes me want to cry!
Annalee 10:51 AM 02-03-2014
Originally Posted by Lauram16:
Gotta love Mondays! Today wasn't too bad, so far anyway!! Sometimes the very word Monday makes me want to cry!
Especially when you have big plans in your head for dc but school is delayed due to bad weather and your own kids schedule is "off" which makes the whole day "off".....so you do what it takes to "survive". Gotta love FCC!
jenboo 12:27 PM 02-03-2014
Originally Posted by NoMoreJuice!:

I have a 5 y/o who comes with starbucks in hand almost every morning she attends. Whipped cream blended into the drink as well as on top.
Of course she is drinking this on her way over (before she has eaten any breakfast) and then is too full for breakfast.
SilverSabre25 12:38 PM 02-03-2014
My own two are fighting, I sent a dcg home with pink eye, now MY eye are feeling itchy and i have a headache, dcb won't stop mouthing things and sneaking into corners with sippy cups DS left all over the house over the weekend...
spud912 01:46 PM 02-03-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

Kids are running in the door, barely glancing backwards to wave at their parents, happy and excited to be here....

Parents do THE shortest drop off's ever on Mondays....and always have that look on their face that says "Even if you charged me $100 just for today I would still be leaving them here...."

It's usually Friday's drop offs that I have the "negative" behavioral issues...by that time, the parent has had enough time without their child to regroup placating (um, I mean parenting) becomes easier for them.
That's how it is for me too. I notice the kids are actually happy to see each other on Monday and usually play nicer together. By Friday, all bets are off and everyone is bothering everyone.
Unregistered 02:39 PM 02-03-2014
One came in and slept until 11am, then was an absolute disoriented mess for an hour after waking. Became upset that could not have apple juice from home to walk around the house with. Another one climbing and giving me a heart attack everytime I turn around. Any advice for climbing on tables??? Another being rough with the dog. Dragging toys everywhere. Grabbing food off the counter tops and spilling that food on the carpet. Temper tantrums left and right and naps all over the place in terms of time.
Imagination's Creations 12:05 PM 02-13-2014
This is awesome!
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Too funny....

I had one at the door with Ipad in hand, halfway through a movie I will make sure that child is still painting at pick-up time (his favorite activity).

Followed shortly by DCD dropping off two covered in chocolate I will make sure to post a photo of them "doing early am crafts" with it all over their white frilly shirts for DCM to ask me about.

The next to arrive was a pair covered in dog hair and mud. I will write that one off since DCM also had it on her nice work clothing, her neighbors dogs. We may even make her an e-card later.

Last was a screaming infant with a quick "I am so sorry, I ran out of time, he has not been fed...." I am still plotting on this one....

*** Now the truth is they will all be perfectly coiffed, re-dressed in clean clothing (white shirts already soaking in pre-treatment, the rest in laundry ) and perfectly happy at pick-up today. Like every other day. It is what I do.

It is still fun to plot, though...isn't it.

Tags:funny, monday, mondays, retraining day, super bowl
Reply Up