Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Having Trouble Holding a Baby
safechner 11:32 AM 06-11-2010
Last night, we just got in a car accident. My husband and the kids are fine but I am in a little pain with my left ribs. I haven't go to the hospital to check out but I might be tonight when I get off. I am having a trouble to held the baby. Is there anything way to smooth her (she is almost an 11 month old)? Sometimes, 16 months old daycare girl wants me to hold her for comfortable. I can't hold her because it is painful and I also can't walk too much to cause me more pain. Any suggest?
jen 12:15 PM 06-11-2010
Honestly, my suggestion is to call the parents have have them pick up!

I hope you feel better! Please get yourself to the doctor!
safechner 12:56 PM 06-12-2010
Thanks, Jen.. Lucky, my husband just got home early because he was so stressed out when he called Ins, rental car, stuff like that. He took care of the kids for me...
originalkat 05:34 AM 06-13-2010
Yes, I think you should get to the doctor right away. I hope you have been able to get into immediate care to see what is causing the pain sometime this weekend. Take it easy.
momma2girls 06:37 AM 06-13-2010
Yes, totally agreed, it could be something internally- if it's bruised or cracked ribs- the pain will get worse before getting better, but they really don't do anything anymore for bruised/cracked ribs.I hope you are feeling better, and Thank God you and everyone else is OK!!!
safechner 09:58 AM 06-13-2010
Thanks, ladies! Yes, I went to see the doctor last Friday evening. It just bruised but I cannot lift anything for a week. I will need to go back to the regular doctor next Monday to check out to make sure everything is fine.

I am so glad my husband and the kids are good but I was hurting from seat belt too much tight on my left rib when I was passenger after accident.

I dont know what is going on with my jeep yet but I will find out maybe tomorrow or next day. It may be totaled, who knows. As right now, I think my jeep is in impound. We were on the way to Lowe's to check out the backyard door that we need to buy. Somehow, I just saw the van go around 40 mph and I screamed to cover my face when my husband heard me. A 17 year old guy droves the van with his friend go to past the red light (both of them looked GPS to find out where to go) when we were ready to go turn left after the light changed. My husband saw and tried to turn left to protect us and he hits my front left side (wheel/tire) very hard. It was so scary but I thank god my kids are fine. I just found out that guy wrecked twice in the same day. Of course, I saw his dad just arrived about 5 mins later and he was pretty upset. I watched the guy was shake and scared because I had a feeling he is soo young and I was pretty sure he is driving his mother's van. There was firemen truck, cops cars, and ambulance around two vehicles. Good thing, all of us are not hurt that bad.. Honest, It was my first experience so I was scared to ride or drive the car again but I have to fight with my fear to go back to normal again..
fctjc1979 10:06 AM 06-13-2010
I'm so sorry that happened to you. I was hit by a semi once so I know it can be pretty traumatic. Good luck on the recovery and I'm glad to hear that your kids are ok.
Tags:holding baby
Reply Up