Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>No One Will Sleep
sahm2three 12:07 PM 10-18-2011
Not the toddlers, nor the babies. I have just bounced from one place to the other lying kids down, shushing babies, I NEED A BREAK!!! I am about to term the entire bunch and start fresh!!!
MsMe 12:11 PM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by sahm2three:
Not the toddlers, nor the babies. I have just bounced from one place to the other lying kids down, shushing babies, I NEED A BREAK!!! I am about to term the entire bunch and start fresh!!!
haha I had to laugh at this because whill mine are all excellent nappers they CAN NOT play at all. They only want to yell, dump, wrestle, and run.....I am at my whits end...nap time is the only part of they day I enjoy.

I offten wonder if terming them all and starting over would help
sahm2three 12:16 PM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by MsMe:
haha I had to laugh at this because whill mine are all excellent nappers they CAN NOT play at all. They only want to yell, dump, wrestle, and run.....I am at my whits end...nap time is the only part of they day I enjoy.

Mine wrestle, fight, scream, and run when they are awake too, which is why I desperately need nap time to be quiet!!! UGH!
Heidi 12:18 PM 10-18-2011

Hey, how did my kids get to your house???!!!!!
2ndFamilyDC 12:21 PM 10-18-2011

Sounds like my house...........I have a house ful of boys and that is a typical day for them.
SilverSabre25 12:32 PM 10-18-2011
I hear ya.

One kid came to my house right at lunch time, having slept in really late and already eaten (therefore needing no nap)...another suddenly developed a napping issue yesterday and screamed for 15 minutes before falling asleep, then slept barely an hour before starting to scream again.

Ever since the one boy woke up, he's been whining "My mommy's here now, I want to go" even though it's still another 45 minutes to an 1.25 hour until she gets here. Every car that drives by is "mommy's car in driveway" and every time I tell him, "sorry, buddy, that's not your momm" he bursts into THE most annoying whiny tears.
sahm2three 12:47 PM 10-18-2011
Well, I have one 2 yo who refuses to nap today. And I cannot get him to lie quietly either. So he has half of the kids woken up. What is wrong with kids these days?? Really? My kids NEVER acted like the kids I have in daycare. My kids have always been respectful. Even at the age of 2 they weren't little snots who have no respect for authority. The 2 yo is now going to spend the rest of nap time in the corner. I am done. I texted mom and told her that he is now in time out because he woke everyone up, and if he couldn't sit in time out quietly she would have to come get him. How do you get control over a 2 yo's behavior?! I honestly need to know. I have tried 1-2-3 Magic and Common Sense parenting techniques, but with the group I have, it goes in one ear and out the other. I am so worn out, I think I may quit. But in order to quit, I will have to have another job. But to have another job I would have to put my youngest in daycare, and I don't want to do that. So I am stuck. I love kids. Love them. Or used to. Now, if I am not working and I am around other kids, I keep my distance. I don't swoon over babies any more, I don't flock towards little kids any more. Sad. Is that normal when this becomes your job? Or does this mean I am done???
MsMe 12:49 PM 10-18-2011
I have 5 boys and three girls.

My boys are 4,4,4,3 and rough and rowdy

My two girls are 2 and 2 and the roughest girls I have ever seen....sometimes worse then the boys....the only good one I have is the baby and she is teething so she is even 'bad' this week
MsMe 12:53 PM 10-18-2011
I honestly need to know. I have tried 1-2-3 Magic and Common Sense parenting techniques, but with the group I have, it goes in one ear and out the other. I am so worn out, I think I may quit. But in order to quit, I will have to have another job. But to have another job I would have to put my youngest in daycare, and I don't want to do that. So I am stuck. I love kids. Love them. Or used to. Now, if I am not working and I am around other kids, I keep my distance. I don't swoon over babies any more, I don't flock towards little kids any more. Sad. Is that normal when this becomes your job? Or does this mean I am done???
DITTO all of this except the "my littlest" part....I don't have any kids, but I do have a partner this is refusing to sell so that I can move on.....so i am stuck too.

We have talked about cutting back hours and each working part time ( I currently work 50+) to see if it will help with my burn out. I hope it works bc if not I am about to lose it.
MsMe 01:03 PM 10-18-2011
Also an eye opener....

Last week at class (night ECE classes) we were talking about our daycares and I admitted that I was having a hard time (obv not news to me I was just venting a little) and a the lady next too me who I took classes with last year looked shocked and said, " but last year you loved daycare SO much!"

...and I really did....but a lot has changed in a year and I am devestated.
caligirl 01:11 PM 10-18-2011
Oh those are the worst days!! Good luck!!!
daycare 01:11 PM 10-18-2011
I cant keep mine awake and you cant get yours to sleep....lol
caligirl 01:25 PM 10-18-2011
I have 6 full timers......5 are napping, I can hear one in the other room yelling.....not crying, just seeing how loud she can be. SHE is in a room by herself, because she doesn't know how to be quiet yet at her age
sahm2three 01:32 PM 10-18-2011
Originally Posted by caligirl:
I have 6 full timers......5 are napping, I can hear one in the other room yelling.....not crying, just seeing how loud she can be. SHE is in a room by herself, because she doesn't know how to be quiet yet at her age
3 of my bedrooms are occupied by kids who cannot sleep with others and who scream. The other bedroom is for the older toddlers, and today, only 2 of them are in there. I have one in the hallway on a mat and one in the living room on a mat. So worn out. Then I have a baby in the living room too because he isn't old enough to be in a seperate room. 1 month to go. Ugh. I have another baby starting in December, and after that, I will NOT take another baby. Although, if I go by the kids in my home, the toddlers are no better than the babies! UGH! I am going to talk to DH, and if he thinks we can swing it, i am going to quit. I just can't take being this stressed out day after day.
Unregistered 02:16 PM 10-18-2011
how about someone coming in and helping you.......maybe a volunteer, for the times like nap time/lunch time/busy time. Just a thought.

I think a lot of us are feeling the burn lately. I will keep plugging but I am not going to say it is easy.

The last thing I want to do is be around other kids besides my own on off days. I don't know if that is good or bad either.
cheerfuldom 02:45 PM 10-18-2011
a volunteer??? who is actually going to volunteer to watch crabby exhausted kids for free? Its hard enough finding an assistant willing to do it for pay.
caligirl 03:00 PM 10-18-2011
3 of my bedrooms are occupied by kids who cannot sleep with others and who scream. The other bedroom is for the older toddlers, and today, only 2 of them are in there. I have one in the hallway on a mat and one in the living room on a mat. So worn out. Then I have a baby in the living room too because he isn't old enough to be in a seperate room. 1 month to go. Ugh. I have another baby starting in December, and after that, I will NOT take another baby. Although, if I go by the kids in my home, the toddlers are no better than the babies! UGH! I am going to talk to DH, and if he thinks we can swing it, i am going to quit. I just can't take being this stressed out day after day.
[/i]

I can feel for you......... SO much! I have had WAY too many days like that. After a busy morning you NEED that break. I am SO sorry
DCMom 06:11 PM 10-18-2011
Honestly, on days like you are having I would haul out the pnp's, pillows and blankets and park them all in front of the tv for quiet time. Plug in a DVD (the longer the better!) and let them vegetate. We don't watch tv, so this would be waaaaay out of the ordinary.

Mine would definitely settle. Normally considered a treat, sometimes you just gotta do what it takes to get thru the day.

Better day tomorrow
Tags:contagious behavior, won't sleep
Reply Up