Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Is This A Good Idea?
awestbrook713 01:08 PM 11-13-2011
I have a 9 month old son who is learning and exploring but sometimes his exploring knocks over the daycare kids blocks or they have days where they don't want to be bothered by a baby so I am thinking about buying a play area for him and any other toddlers/infants I may ever watch. This would be for inside and outside. Heres a picture of one I am thinking about getting what do you think?

misspollywog 07:42 PM 11-13-2011
Originally Posted by awestbrook713:
I have a 9 month old son who is learning and exploring but sometimes his exploring knocks over the daycare kids blocks or they have days where they don't want to be bothered by a baby so I am thinking about buying a play area for him and any other toddlers/infants I may ever watch. This would be for inside and outside. Heres a picture of one I am thinking about getting what do you think?

Oooh, I want one of those!

I think that's a great option for babies who want to be in the middle of things but need to be contained (for their safety as well as to keep the older kids from resenting the baby).

I say go for it and, hey, if you are feeling charitable, I'll take one too hehe!
Sprouts 07:56 PM 11-13-2011
I have actually read other people here on the blog who let the older kids go in there to build blocks so they babies can explore and the older ones thinks its kind of cool to be "protected"....also if you put a blanket over it, it can be a fun "fort" or anything they can imagine =)
awestbrook713 03:46 AM 11-14-2011
Lol well I didn't win the lottery this weekend but if I do next weekend I will buy one for everyone on here lol j/k. I am gonna do this I need it so I can have piece of mind with the little ones running around.

Sprouts thats a great idea, never thought about using it for the older ones as well.

I also like the idea of being able to bring it out side put a mat/carpet under it and letting the babies enjoy the outside minus picking up sticks grass dirt bugs.

I will be ordering this today thanks for the push!!
morgan24 04:20 AM 11-14-2011
I have one of those and I use it both ways to contain the crawlers and for the older kids to work on smaller stuff. Works great!
mismatchedsocks 04:45 AM 11-14-2011
I like the idea of using it for older kids too sometimes as they work on smaller stuff. Give it a cool name, then trade off older kids, younger kids, etc. When I look at it I think of a cage, but with a cool name and Everyone using it, I can see it being a neat idea!
Sunchimes 05:22 AM 11-14-2011
Read the reviews on some place like amazon. Some if them have some hinge issues. But, I've had something similiar on my wish list for ages. The one I want is metal.
awestbrook713 05:30 AM 11-14-2011
I did read some reviews on a few others I looked at and for the most part they were good. I just don't want to get it if its gonna be flimsy and easy to knock over. You know how kids can get if they get running around. Maybe I will sleep on this decision and do a little more research on it.
DCMom 05:35 AM 11-14-2011
If you are going to put older kids on the inside, it's nice that it has a gate. Otherwise you have to lift them in and out. I have a Superyard that I have had for 10 years or more; it's still as sturdy as it was the day I bought it. I only put babies on the inside, so I don't have the issue of lifting.
beachgrl 06:25 AM 11-14-2011
I bought a similar one for my infant/younger toddlers but I never thought to use it to protect the older kids while they are working until I saw it on another post on here. I got it at a yard sale for like $10 so I couldn't resist. I had been looking online and CL for one and never found one that cheap. Haven't had to use it yet but like knowing I have it to use inside and out like that. I aaldo got some link together large foam mats to use outside for a play area for those not yet walking.
Tags:play area
Reply Up