Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>DCG Limping
NiNi.R. 09:18 AM 02-29-2012
DcM brought in 2 year old daughter Monday morning stating she had been limping since Saturday. She informed me that DCG didn't hurt herself or do anything to cause such a limp. Thought maybe it was caused by her shoes so she tried a different pair for her to wear out and about.

All day Monday for me she continued to limp never complaining of pain but constantly limped on the same leg. Played normal, hasn't slowed her down at all. Still jumps runs climbs (all while limping). I laid her down on the floor checked out her foot, leg, and hip. There are no marks of any kind. I put pressure on different areas and she never flinched or complained. All day yesterday and so far today same thing.

DCM has an appt for her tomorrow afternoon to see the doc. I was just curious if any of you have ever experienced this.
Daycare Diva 09:28 AM 02-29-2012
My son starting limping after he saw an old man limping. I was concerned at first but then he told me he was just pretending to be old. Lol he was 2 at the time.
NiNi.R. 09:36 AM 02-29-2012
hahahaha

We thought maybe she was pretending or doing it on purpose. But it's been nonstop same leg since Saturday....so that's the part that is throwing us off and thinking maybe something is up
makap 11:13 AM 02-29-2012
My son had a similar problem when he was about 4 and showed no other symptoms, just limped. Upon taking him to the doctor it was discovered that he had synovitis in his hips. I was told that it was a buildup of fluids that was causing inflamation in his hip joints. Luckily it went away on its own.
e.j. 11:57 AM 02-29-2012
Two of my two year olds have come in limping - one about 2 weeks after the other. Both were seen by the dr. and I think one even had x-rays done but nothing was found wrong with either child. It went away after a day or two.

My own son was 5 when he complained that his leg hurt and he couldn't walk. Same thing.....brought him to the dr., his leg was x-rayed, nothing wrong was found. It also seemed better within a day or two.

If she's been limping since Saturday, it's probably a good idea to bring her to the dr. to check it out.
Blackcat31 02:20 PM 02-29-2012
I have a DCB age 2.5 that just went thorugh this.... I tried to find the thread about it but it seems to have disappeared so weird.... but anyways, they thought it was synovitis but it turned out to be Legg-Calves Perthes disease....http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/leg...isease/DS00654

Started out with just a mild limp
NiNi.R. 02:49 PM 03-02-2012
DCG is still limping. Her xrays came back normal. Doc believes that maybe her hip is popping in and out of place as she steps. We live in a town that has a small family practice...so she was referred to an pediatric orthopedic at children's mercy.

Hoping that's all it is and all she will need is a brace and some physical therapy.
Blackcat31 02:53 PM 03-02-2012
Originally Posted by NiNi.R.:
DCG is still limping. Her xrays came back normal. Doc believes that maybe her hip is popping in and out of place as she steps. We live in a town that has a small family practice...so she was referred to an pediatric orthopedic at children's mercy.

Hoping that's all it is and all she will need is a brace and some physical therapy.
My DCK's x-rays were normal too. They had to do a MRI to see that he had L-C Perthes. Not trying to scare anyone, just sharing what happened to my kiddo. Hoping her pediatric ortho will be able to get to the bottom of this for her. Keep us posted.
MN Mom 08:07 AM 03-04-2012
This recently happened with my 3yo niece, except she was complaining of severe pain in her legs and arms. She wouldn't walk and nothing would calm her. Initially they thought it was growing pains, or arthritis. She received bone scans, MRI's, and a biopsy on an abnormality found in the bone on her arm. Turns out it's Leukemia She's is now on a path of 2.5 years of Chemo.

Tags:contagious behavior, injury, limping
Reply Up