Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Gov't Shutdown and Assistance Payments
hgonzalez 05:58 AM 09-30-2013
Does anyone know if child care assistance payments are affected by the potential government shutdown?
Reply
Heidi 06:24 AM 09-30-2013
I have never had any changes due to federal troubles.

I believe the money is given by the federal government to the states to disburse, so if there is a shut down, it would probably have to be in affect for a while before it "trickles down" to the state level.
Reply
Cradle2crayons 07:28 AM 09-30-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
I have never had any changes due to federal troubles.

I believe the money is given by the federal government to the states to disburse, so if there is a shut down, it would probably have to be in affect for a while before it "trickles down" to the state level.
this I would think also
Reply
mema 09:50 AM 09-30-2013
Originally Posted by hgonzalez:
Does anyone know if child care assistance payments are affected by the potential government shutdown?
I'm in MN also. I don't take assistance, but I seem to remember during the last government shut down, that they were slow in getting payments. Blackcat might remember. I think she had assistance kids during the last one......maybe she'll chime in or you could pm her. I'll see if I can find the link from last time.
Reply
mema 10:01 AM 09-30-2013
Here is a Star Trib article from the 2011 shutdown. During that one, they were halted. I haven't caught up on any weekend news, but hopefully they can get their $hit together and not shutdown.
http://www.startribune.com/local/blogs/124863504.html
Reply
Moppetland 01:09 PM 09-30-2013
Child Care Assistance Program is funded through the state. If the state shuts down, then it will be a problem. I don't believe federal dollars have anything to do with state payments.
Reply
mema 07:48 PM 09-30-2013
Sorry for my info.......I don't have tv and haven't really paid super close attention to the news I guess. I heard people taking about it at the coffee shop the other day, and thought it was just at state level-cause ya know this state tends to do this every few years. Didn't realize it was federal level. So not sure if my info would be useful.
Reply
coolconfidentme 09:08 PM 09-30-2013
The Child Care and Development Fund (CCDF) is a federal program that helps low-income families obtain child care so they can work, attend training, or continue their education. (It is only distributed by your state.)
Reply
Blackcat31 07:37 AM 10-01-2013
Originally Posted by hgonzalez:
Does anyone know if child care assistance payments are affected by the potential government shutdown?
Originally Posted by mema:
I'm in MN also. I don't take assistance, but I seem to remember during the last government shut down, that they were slow in getting payments. Blackcat might remember. I think she had assistance kids during the last one......maybe she'll chime in or you could pm her. I'll see if I can find the link from last time.
The government shutdown will NOT effect payments for CCAP in Minnesota. You will still get paid as you normally would.

Any reimbursement payments for the food program will also be paid out as normal for this month.

Things MAY change IF the government remains shutdown for a longer length of time but as if now, ALL food program and CCAP payments will be made as normal.
Reply
Tags:government, government subsidies, subsidy, subsidy issues
Reply Up