Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>CHILDCARE Is NOT Expensive.... Having CHILDREN Is Expensive!!
Cat Herder 11:52 AM 03-01-2013
I could barely keep that in while listening to the POTUS speak today (ya know, naptime and all....).

I am not attacking him because I'd never have the *&%$ to apply for his job, but he made that statement word for word. It stung like someone kicked me in the chest.

Where does PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY factor into the "affordable childcare" agenda????????

Why is my need to earn an income to support my children LESS important that the needs of my clients to support theirs??? I already work longer hours and every bit as hard as they do for less pay.

Anyone?
Reply
Blackcat31 11:56 AM 03-01-2013
I'd comment but I can't type when I am that angry!

But know that I agree with you 100%.
Reply
Heidi 11:57 AM 03-01-2013
who? what? where?
Reply
momofboys 11:58 AM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
I could barely keep that in while listening to the POTUS speak today (ya know, naptime and all....).

I am not attacking him because I'd never have the *&%$ to apply for his job, but he made that statement word for word. It stung like someone kicked me in the chest.

Where does PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY factor into the "affordable childcare" agenda????????

Why is my need to earn an income to support my children LESS important that the needs of my clients to support theirs??? I already work longer hours and every bit as hard as they do for less pay.

Anyone?
Huh? Clueless me, who/what is POTUS?????
Reply
momofboys 11:59 AM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by Heidi:
who? what? where?
I am right there with ya!!!
Reply
Blackcat31 11:59 AM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by momofboys:
Huh? Clueless me, who/what is POTUS?????
POTUS = President of the United States
Reply
bunnyslippers 11:59 AM 03-01-2013
Nothing makes me angrier than the entitlement factor in our country. I have worked my a** off since I was 16 in order to afford children and the lifestyle I live. Why on EARTH do other people have the right to access my money to pay for THEIR children?!??!

Childcare is expensive. So is food. And milk. And formula. And preschool tuition. And after school activities. And clothing. And diapers. And toys. And, and, and!!!!!
Reply
Cat Herder 12:01 PM 03-01-2013
The Presidents press conference about this weeks budget crisis

I guess our recent Popectomy has kind of overshadowed the coverage....

I am still over the sink hole, too...

What a weird and frustrating day
Reply
momofboys 12:03 PM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:
Nothing makes me angrier than the entitlement factor in our country. I have worked my a** off since I was 16 in order to afford children and the lifestyle I live. Why on EARTH do other people have the right to access my money to pay for THEIR children?!??!

Childcare is expensive. So is food. And milk. And formula. And preschool tuition. And after school activities. And clothing. And diapers. And toys. And, and, and!!!!!
ITA!!!!!! One of my biggest beefs.
Reply
Willow 12:15 PM 03-01-2013
Hey, that's the DFL way - Jack!


(I'm still on my Duck Dynasty kick from last night and Si Robertsons voice just totally kicked on in my head )

But seriously, I don't know how anyone can be surprised by what he says anymore. I love how he's blaming Republicans 100% for where we're at right now too. He's pushing the craziest amount of spending the likes of which this country has never seen before, but it's EEEEEEEEEVeryone elses fault no one has any money
Reply
Starburst 01:27 PM 03-01-2013
Does the governtment not understand that people who work in child care/ public education already make less than most other fields? They want to make everything cheap but what about using that money they are 'saving' to invest in more quality or making sure that the teachers get paid enough.

One of my high school english teachers had to work after school as a waiter to make ends meat (he was also an ex-marine). My human relations teacher said in addition to teaching he also sold firewood and vitamin suplements as a side job- he actually got in trouble for selling vitamines to one of my class mates and the principle told him not to sell vitamines on school grounds. Many of my high school teachers actually bought those big 24 packs of water bottles and sold to the students for like $0.50-$1 per bottle to make extra money (plus it was healthier and cheaper than what was in the vending machines).

They also need to put more money into retraining people and start giving them 'hand ups' instead of just giving them money to not do anything productive by giving them 'hand outs'.
Reply
CedarCreek 01:33 PM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by Starburst:
Does the governtment not understand that people who work in child care/ public education already make less than most other fields? They want to make everything cheap but what about using that money they are 'saving' to invest in more quality or making sure that the teachers get paid enough.

One of my high school english teachers had to work after school as a waiter to make ends meat (he was also an ex-marine). My human relations teacher said in addition to teaching he also sold firewood and vitamin suplements as a side job- he actually got in trouble for selling vitamines to one of my class mates and the principle told him not to sell vitamines on school grounds. Many of my high school teachers actually bought those big 24 packs of water bottles and sold to the students for like $0.50-$1 per bottle to make extra money (plus it was healthier and cheaper than what was in the vending machines).

They also need to put more money into retraining people and start giving them 'hand ups' instead of just giving them money to not do anything productive by giving them 'hand outs'.


This. I like it.
Reply
SquirrellyMama 01:37 PM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by Starburst:

They also need to put more money into retraining people and start giving them 'hand ups' instead of just giving them money to not do anything productive by giving them 'hand outs'.
I'm tired this afternoon. I read that as "They also need to put more money into restraining people"

K
Reply
Country Kids 01:43 PM 03-01-2013
I didn't hear what he said but from reading your post is that what he said or what your saying?
Reply
nanglgrl 01:46 PM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by Starburst:
They also need to put more money into retraining people and start giving them 'hand ups' instead of just giving them money to not do anything productive by giving them 'hand outs'.
Very true. I think if you get assistance and you don't have a debilitating disability you should have to work full time. By that I mean the government will find something for you to do. Maybe you clean trash off the side of the highway for 40 hours a week but you shouldn't be able to sit home when you have the ability to work and have other people pay for your life.
I always get miffed at tax time. I always end up having one low income client who gets public assistance and has her childcare paid for by the state then she gets her tax money and spends it like crazy on silly things. One of my clients made over $14,000 this year (she said it to someone else on a Facebook post)and got over $6000 back from taxes and had very little actually taken out of her pay during the year. So after she gets her tax return she takes home aprox. $20,000 a year. Where I live that's more than enough to live off of without assistance. All of her childcare is paid for. It seems to me if you are getting public assistance you shouldn't get the earned income credit or the dependent care credit.
Reply
Starburst 01:48 PM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by SquirrellyMama:
I'm tired this afternoon. I read that as "They also need to put more money into restraining people"

K
lol that too but then we would be even more broke because of all the crazies out there- espesually the ones they allow to reproduce.
Reply
Cat Herder 01:55 PM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by Country Kids:
I didn't hear what he said but from reading your post is that what he said or what your saying?
He said "Childcare is expensive." then went on to explain that young working parents deserved "better", "more affordable" options, better "quality"... and all the buzzwords that are forcing PRIVATE daycare owners out of business.

I said (well, implied) I am also a young working parent who deserves better judgement from my leaders... I work my *** off, I do a good job, have provided this service in good faith for years in my community and I make much less than my clients....

I am not the enemy he is portraying me to be.
Reply
wahmof3 03:47 PM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
He said "Childcare is expensive." then went on to explain that young working parents deserved "better", "more affordable" options, better "quality"... and all the buzzwords that are forcing PRIVATE daycare owners out of business.

I said (well, implied) I am also a young working parent who deserves better judgement from my leaders... I work my *** off, I do a good job, have provided this service in good faith for years in my community and I make much less than my clients....

I am not the enemy he is portraying me to be.

Reply
wahmof3 03:51 PM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by nanglgrl:
Very true. I think if you get assistance and you don't have a debilitating disability you should have to work full time. By that I mean the government will find something for you to do. Maybe you clean trash off the side of the highway for 40 hours a week but you shouldn't be able to sit home when you have the ability to work and have other people pay for your life.
I always get miffed at tax time. I always end up having one low income client who gets public assistance and has her childcare paid for by the state then she gets her tax money and spends it like crazy on silly things. One of my clients made over $14,000 this year (she said it to someone else on a Facebook post)and got over $6000 back from taxes and had very little actually taken out of her pay during the year. So after she gets her tax return she takes home aprox. $20,000 a year. Where I live that's more than enough to live off of without assistance. All of her childcare is paid for. It seems to me if you are getting public assistance you shouldn't get the earned income credit or the dependent care credit.
I totally agree! I have public assistance families ask for W-10 and they don't even pay a fraction of what my private pay families pay. Seems like the public assistance families should have to report childcare assistance as some sort of income on their taxes.
Reply
canadiancare 04:22 PM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
He said "Childcare is expensive." then went on to explain that young working parents deserved "better", "more affordable" options, better "quality"... and all the buzzwords that are forcing PRIVATE daycare owners out of business.

I said (well, implied) I am also a young working parent who deserves better judgement from my leaders... I work my *** off, I do a good job, have provided this service in good faith for years in my community and I make much less than my clients....

I am not the enemy he is portraying me to be.

Bleeding heart liberal post so some may take offense.

I don't know what constitutes private in the US but here it isn't home daycare providers. Private is for profit daycare centres where money is made for the owner/ operator often on the backs of their staff and cutting corners on quality.

Perhaps the suggestion is that your country needs more quality, subsidized care in non- profit centres- as does our country.
Reply
cheerfuldom 04:24 PM 03-01-2013
along the same lines, i was very disheartened when i return to school several years ago. lets just say that I would be much better off financially if i got divorced and quit my job and stayed a single mom of four kids. i could get tuition, medical, childcare, food and housing....easy.

i feel that assistance has a place and there is a real need for it. but it is also extremely easy to misuse the system.
Reply
EntropyControlSpecialist 04:36 PM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
He said "Childcare is expensive." then went on to explain that young working parents deserved "better", "more affordable" options, better "quality"... and all the buzzwords that are forcing PRIVATE daycare owners out of business.

I said (well, implied) I am also a young working parent who deserves better judgement from my leaders... I work my *** off, I do a good job, have provided this service in good faith for years in my community and I make much less than my clients....

I am not the enemy he is portraying me to be.
What exactly is the solution, in his opinion, then?
That we reduce the rate from $30 (OR LESS) per day for each child to $10 per day?
Reply
JenNJ 05:19 PM 03-01-2013
I do think he is referring more to centers. I was shocked at center costs in comparison for what is considered quality care. When I taught it was me and a high school dropout with 26 preschoolers. Parents paying $285 per week plus food for a terrible ratio. Our owners were literally millionares and cut somany corners. It made me angry.

Every child deserves more caregivers who are educated. It isn't about who can afford it, it is not the child's fault their parents don't have money.
Reply
canadiancare 05:44 PM 03-01-2013
It is sort of the same thing as senior/nursing homes. Would you rather your parents are living somewhere where their caregivers receive a fair wage and the home is regulated by the government or somewhere an owner is trying to profit from their care?
Reply
DCBlessings27 06:37 PM 03-01-2013
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
I do think he is referring more to centers. I was shocked at center costs in comparison for what is considered quality care. When I taught it was me and a high school dropout with 26 preschoolers. Parents paying $285 per week plus food for a terrible ratio. Our owners were literally millionares and cut somany corners. It made me angry.

Every child deserves more caregivers who are educated. It isn't about who can afford it, it is not the child's fault their parents don't have money.
I would be happier about his statements if he was referring to centers. However, I can see daycare parents just hearing that the POTUS thinks daycare is expensive and thinking their family child care home was too expensive. Some parents only hear what they want to hear.
Reply
JenNJ 06:55 PM 03-01-2013
That's why I am always sure to remind parents that what they get for the money in a home daycare is such a deal. Lower ratios, more individual attention, real bonding with ONE longtime caregiver, whole, healthy foods, and a home environment. Its just better (IMO).
Reply
Sunchimes 07:05 PM 03-01-2013
I just posted a rant about this on my FB. Now, they want to know where he was when he said this. I've looked on google news and can't find it. Can OP or someone point me to the source?

I have my letter to him written. I'm just waiting until I calm down enough to proof it and send it.
Reply
Kaddidle Care 07:07 PM 03-01-2013
People wouldn't be so fast to take assistance if they knew they had to pay it back in the future.

They need to implement a Pay It Back system.

Didn't vote for him the first time - surely didn't the 2nd time. Majority rules and this is what the American people wanted... if it wasn't rigged.
Reply
Starburst 08:06 AM 03-02-2013
Originally Posted by canadiancare:
Bleeding heart liberal post so some may take offense.

I don't know what constitutes private in the US but here it isn't home daycare providers. Private is for profit daycare centres where money is made for the owner/ operator often on the backs of their staff and cutting corners on quality.

Perhaps the suggestion is that your country needs more quality, subsidized care in non- profit centres- as does our country.
care.com artical (daycare options):

'Home/Family Day Care -- A family day care, or home day care, is a private home in which fewer than seven minor children are received for care and supervision for periods of less than 24 hours a day. Home or family day cares are required to have a state health and safety license but not all of them are in compliance. Be sure to ask about their license, background checks and CORI checks.'

It has a private owner and runs pretty much only on that income- rarely do home daycares recieve grants or funds (at least in my state- very hard to find here). It is also lower ratios and not like boys and girls club or YMCA where anyone from the public can just walk in anytime when they are open; so according to my ece teachers it counts as private daycare.

Don't get me wrong if it is about raising the quality of learning or the education/ training requirement levels of providers- trust me, I am all for that! But it seems like they are expecting that daycare providers get even less pay than most of them get for how long they mostly work; they work an average of 10-12 hours per day (most parents work 8-9 hours with overtime) and they mostly need at least 3-4 kids just to be making minimum wage- which is nowhere near were it should be with cost of living to begin with. If they expect that the quality goes up than they need to expect that the cost will go up too- there can't be a push without a pull.

In Italy they value early education- they have street carnivals and family events and they treat and talk about the teachers with respect, they also give moms longer maternaty leave so most kids don't start daycare until they are at least 1-1.5 years (here most kids start at 6 weeks- 6 months max if their moms are on maternaty leave). But here in the USA people are getting used to getting things cheaper or expecting to get things for free. And when you charge too low rates or offer too many discounts (from a business point) you are 'devaluing the brand' and implying that your product (or service) is not worth the sticker price. Quality child care is worth every penny, and them some!

Thats why everyone blames public schools for everything! Because its free and it is a scapegoat for some parents like 'oh my kid shot up the school; but it's not my fault! It's the schools fault!' or TV or music or whatever but it is never the parents fault- are the parents admitting they didn't really raise their kids but are letting teachers, peers, music, and TV raise their kids because they don't know how to raise kids?
Reply
Hunni Bee 08:29 AM 03-02-2013
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
I do think he is referring more to centers. I was shocked at center costs in comparison for what is considered quality care. When I taught it was me and a high school dropout with 26 preschoolers. Parents paying $285 per week plus food for a terrible ratio. Our owners were literally millionares and cut somany corners. It made me angry.

Every child deserves more caregivers who are educated. It isn't about who can afford it, it is not the child's fault their parents don't have money.
that's what I figure. Anyone who has worked in a center (not bashing anyone) has looked around at least once and said "and tuition dollars are paying for what exactly?" Some parents literally never thought about taking their children to a home daycare, and others are wooed by the "early childhood education" thing.

I have not done one thing in my six years of working in childcare centers that cannot be done in an FCC. To me, it should be about defining what quality actually is, not what it "looks like" or how much money it costs.
Reply
Rachel 11:43 AM 03-02-2013
I had a parent like this last year. Did not want to buy formula. My supervisor asked if no one ever told them kids cost money
Reply
Rachel 11:44 AM 03-02-2013
I had a parent like this last year. Did not want to buy formula. My supervisor asked if no one ever told them kids cost money
Reply
youretooloud 03:00 PM 03-02-2013
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Where does PERSONAL ACCOUNTABILITY factor into the "affordable childcare" agenda????????

Why is my need to earn an income to support my children LESS important that the needs of my clients to support theirs??? I already work longer hours and every bit as hard as they do for less pay.

Anyone?
RIGHT??? And why can't he start by making gas less expensive? Or other needs less expensive for EVERYONE? Not just the low income.

Why can the power company say "Well, everybody is doing a great job of saving energy, unfortunately, that means we (the power company) isn't making as much money as we were before all these energy saving appliances and solar power came out, so we are raising your rates 40% to make up for the money you are all saving."
Reply
Cat Herder 03:07 PM 04-20-2016
3 years later.

Have you felt any hope with your changes
Reply
Blackcat31 03:14 PM 04-20-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
3 years later.

Have you felt any hope with your changes

Reply
Mandy 03:56 PM 04-20-2016
I saw this post and I thought I had to comment on it . Truthfully I think most speeches are given to promote shock value. If people start thinking child care is expensive, they should be thinking about other things that are expensive that they have to get for their kid. I remember reading an article in one of my magazines I like. It talked about expenses this girl spent for her baby's first year. I saw the every week expenses added up to 200 dollars a week (excluding daycare. I cannot remember how much it was with daycare.) *

*Now I just looked at the date of the original post . If I was a member in 2013, I still would have posted this .
Reply
Unregistered 05:20 PM 04-20-2016
Originally Posted by bunnyslippers:
Nothing makes me angrier than the entitlement factor in our country. I have worked my a** off since I was 16 in order to afford children and the lifestyle I live. Why on EARTH do other people have the right to access my money to pay for THEIR children?!??!

Childcare is expensive. So is food. And milk. And formula. And preschool tuition. And after school activities. And clothing. And diapers. And toys. And, and, and!!!!!
I've always assumed these UPK situations were due to other countries. I know in France, I have relatives there, children are mandated to attend "school" at 2 years old. I said this when I used to work in a school, they'll start taking kids once they're 8 weeks old. I know in NY, part of the "teacher" education is how to care for INFANTS. I'm not saying having an infant makes you not a teacher, but I don't think infants belong in a public school or large daycare setting. This is not American belief or wanting, this is a "This is the way it's done in other countries, why are we behind?". I know people can post links to show American school children do "worse", but we'd actually do better if we didn't including special needs children in our results as other nations don't when publishing this results. Also, in America we teach everyone the same, unless the child has some type of extreme need. In Europe, you basically have a college track and a noncollege track. So, one group is college bound, one is not, and one is special ed. Here everyone is college track, unless extreme conditions are involved. Sorry this is long.
Reply
Shawn 09:46 AM 06-15-2016
Oh, this topic drives me crazy.

I was once asked by a dcp if I reduced the weekly payment as the child gets older. (I don't.)

My response is this,
"Is the cost to raise a college student less than a teenager, a teen less than an elementary child, an elementary child less than a preschooler, preschooler less than an toddler, a toddler less than an infant, infant less than cost of being pregnant?

It just amazes me how parents are flabbergasted to find out they are expected to pay someone to care for their children up. Especially considering we care for them to 50 hours a week.

If I'm really p'd, my filter comes off and my simple response is, " Using any form of birth control is always cheaper than childcare." I mean, we all have options. If you don't want to spend a large majority of your income raising children, don't have any.

Plus, I've learned that most of my clients get the money back with the Childcare Credit in their tax return.
Reply
MrsSteinel'sHouse 11:45 AM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by cat herder:
he said "childcare is expensive." then went on to explain that young working parents deserved "better", "more affordable" options, better "quality"... And all the buzzwords that are forcing private daycare owners out of business.

I said (well, implied) i am also a young working parent who deserves better judgement from my leaders... I work my *** off, i do a good job, have provided this service in good faith for years in my community and i make much less than my clients....

I am not the enemy he is portraying me to be.
exactly!
Reply
Crazy8 12:10 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
3 years later.

Have you felt any hope with your changes
OMG, I totally didn't notice the date of this post and thought he just said this AGAIN.

I am so sick of it!!! Just today I dealt with the one who can't afford to pay me for the 12 extra days she wants to bring her child this summer - you know, as she parks her brand new car next to my 15 yr old van and walks in with "MK" imprinted on everything she owns.
Reply
Unregistered 01:14 PM 06-15-2016
I had one dcm who told me, the week before Christmas, that her preschooler would not be attending since the school age sib was off school. She didn't want to pay. I reminded her of our contract and she said, "Well, if you can't afford to pay your bills, you should rent out your bedrooms and live in the daycare area."

I wanted to say," Well, if you can't afford YOUR bills, why don't YOU rent out YOUR bedroom and share the bunkbeds with your kids?"
Reply
DaveA 01:51 PM 06-15-2016
I've found the people who realize this is your job and you do it professionally aren't the problem. It's the yahoos who think either 1) DCPs do it just because "they love kids" or 2)any private sector job that services others is "beneath them". Like they're doing you a "favor" by granting you the opportunity to be at their beck and call. They annoy me to no end.
Reply
Thriftylady 01:54 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by DaveA:
I've found the people who realize this is your job and you do it professionally aren't the problem. It's the yahoos who think either 1) DCPs do it just because "they love kids" or 2)any private sector job that services others is "beneath them". Like they're doing you a "favor" by granting you the opportunity to be at their beck and call. They annoy me to no end.
And some of them are just entitled. In the last week I have seen two FB posts looking for care that make me shake me head. One saying she needed cheap daycare for 4 kids, and would only pay $150 a week. Yeah, that is $37.50 per child per week. I can afford to work for that!

The other one was looking for someone two hours a day that would come to another town, pick him up from work, and take him and the kids back home. What are we a taxi?
Reply
Thriftylady 01:55 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by Crazy8:
OMG, I totally didn't notice the date of this post and thought he just said this AGAIN.

I am so sick of it!!! Just today I dealt with the one who can't afford to pay me for the 12 extra days she wants to bring her child this summer - you know, as she parks her brand new car next to my 15 yr old van and walks in with "MK" imprinted on everything she owns.
The fact I don't know what MK is, must mean I really am poor lol.
Reply
Janiam 01:59 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by wahmof3:
I totally agree! I have public assistance families ask for W-10 and they don't even pay a fraction of what my private pay families pay. Seems like the public assistance families should have to report childcare assistance as some sort of income on their taxes.
I couldn't agree more!
Reply
mommyneedsadayoff 02:42 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
The fact I don't know what MK is, must mean I really am poor lol.
It's Michael Kors...expensive designer stuff

My clothes come from target, thrift shops, and the clearance aisle of outlet malls

As for childcare being expensive...yea, so what? Is it news that raising children costs quite a bit of money? Seems like it has very little to do with the cost, and much more to do with parents not wanting to take on the responsibility it entails. People are struggling and living paycheck to paycheck and it always seems to be the care of their child that should be first in line to be reduced. It's never the cable, internet, car, cell phone, ect. They "need" those things, but yea, good childcare is expendable once they find something cheaper.
Reply
Thriftylady 03:11 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:
It's Michael Kors...expensive designer stuff

My clothes come from target, thrift shops, and the clearance aisle of outlet malls

As for childcare being expensive...yea, so what? Is it news that raising children costs quite a bit of money? Seems like it has very little to do with the cost, and much more to do with parents not wanting to take on the responsibility it entails. People are struggling and living paycheck to paycheck and it always seems to be the care of their child that should be first in line to be reduced. It's never the cable, internet, car, cell phone, ect. They "need" those things, but yea, good childcare is expendable once they find something cheaper.
Never heard of it lol. I shop the same places you do though. However I do need to buy new scrub tops soon, and have been having a hard time finding them in my size at the thrift store. They seem to expensive to buy new. Sigh.
Reply
Blackcat31 03:33 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by mommyneedsadayoff:

As for childcare being expensive...yea, so what?
I've heard internet, cell phoneservice, car insurance and rent/mortgages, Red Bull and cigarettes are expensive too but you rarely hear anyone write blog articles or news stories about it.
Reply
sharlan 03:58 PM 06-15-2016
My housekeepers charge me $30 an hour per housekeeper. I have 3 that come. That comes out to $90 AN HOUR for 3 hours of cleaning (or $270 per service).

I have to watch 2 kids for 50 hours to make that much.

I don't complain because I CHOSE to hire them, therefore, pay their wages.

It costs to pay someone else to handle your responsibility whether it be daycare, auto mechanic, or housekeeper.
Reply
Mike 05:59 PM 06-15-2016
Originally Posted by sharlan:
My housekeepers charge me $30 an hour per housekeeper. I have 3 that come. That comes out to $90 AN HOUR for 3 hours of cleaning (or $270 per service).
...
It costs to pay someone else to handle your responsibility whether it be daycare, auto mechanic, or housekeeper.
housekeeper - $30/hr
auto mechanic - $60/hr
plumber/electrician - $60/hr
lawyer - $100/hr
most professional services - $35 to $120/hr
daycare provider - $20/hr
I guess daycare isn't a profession.
Reply
Magic 09:53 AM 06-16-2016
Originally Posted by Mike:
housekeeper - $30/hr
auto mechanic - $60/hr
plumber/electrician - $60/hr
lawyer - $100/hr
most professional services - $35 to $120/hr
daycare provider - $20/hr
I guess daycare isn't a profession.
in BC Can
Auto 107 hr
plumber 60-80 hr
electrican 80 hr
lawyer 200 and up hr
day care 5-7 hr ....
Reply
Tags:2013, fear, government, government subsidies, money, parent - its a verb, qris, quality, subsidy issues, universal childcare
Reply Up