Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Iowa Revoked My Daycare Registration
Unregistered :( 09:40 AM 03-21-2011
I am a child care provider in Iowa. I love my job and wouldn't trade it for anything. A year ago Feb 22 I had a mom who coaxed her daughter to say that another little boy in my care poked the three year old in the private with a pocket knife. Obviously it didn't happen. Girl was taken to Dr and everything. Because DHS came to my home and has come before based on false allegations, they revoked my registration due to failure to maintain records and files. I have not been charged with anything and I appealed back in March 2010, had a hearing March 30. Got the decision back June 1 affirming the Departments choice to revoke. I appealed again and have not heard anything from them since June 2010. It is now March 2011 and I received a letter 9 months later stating that it is affirmed and DHS was correct.

My question is...isn't there a time frame that they have? I get told I have 30 days to decide if I want to appeal but they have an unlimited time to make a decision? I feel this is unjust and wrong.

I am just wondering what anyone else out there have done if they had this happen. I am still going to be watching children in my home but as an unregistered home. I love my job! I love the chilidren that I watch. This is my families only income due to my husband being disabled.

Feed back would be appreciated! Thanks!
Reply
jen 01:32 PM 03-21-2011
I think that you will need to contact an attorney.
Reply
missnikki 01:41 PM 03-21-2011
Originally Posted by jen:
I think that you will need to contact an attorney.
Seconded..
Reply
nikia 01:42 PM 03-21-2011
Yes I would contact an attorney. Also I havent heard of the state revoking a registration for a claim that was unfounded, but I'm not a lawyer so maybe it is the case.

Why would the mom do that? Did the little boy touch her privates without a pocket knife? Was there any touching at all? I mean I guess this bothers me because I cannot see a state revoking someone without just cause.
Reply
SilverSabre25 01:42 PM 03-21-2011
Originally Posted by missnikki:
Seconded..
thirded...
Reply
nannyde 01:48 PM 03-21-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered :(:
I am a child care provider in Iowa. I love my job and wouldn't trade it for anything. A year ago Feb 22 I had a mom who coaxed her daughter to say that another little boy in my care poked the three year old in the private with a pocket knife. Obviously it didn't happen. Girl was taken to Dr and everything. Because DHS came to my home and has come before based on false allegations, they revoked my registration due to failure to maintain records and files. I have not been charged with anything and I appealed back in March 2010, had a hearing March 30. Got the decision back June 1 affirming the Departments choice to revoke. I appealed again and have not heard anything from them since June 2010. It is now March 2011 and I received a letter 9 months later stating that it is affirmed and DHS was correct.

My question is...isn't there a time frame that they have? I get told I have 30 days to decide if I want to appeal but they have an unlimited time to make a decision? I feel this is unjust and wrong.

I am just wondering what anyone else out there have done if they had this happen. I am still going to be watching children in my home but as an unregistered home. I love my job! I love the chilidren that I watch. This is my families only income due to my husband being disabled.

Feed back would be appreciated! Thanks!
Did you contact Terry La Belle? She is the president of the union. If you pm me I will give you her number.
Reply
mac60 06:37 PM 03-21-2011
In this country, people can be accused of anything and are guilty until they prove themselves innocent. That is just the way it is. Unfortunate though for many.
Reply
shanesmomm 09:31 AM 03-24-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Did you contact Terry La Belle? She is the president of the union. If you pm me I will give you her number.
I live in San Diego, CA and I am a parent trying to help my day care provider because of unfair practices with the license worker who did her last inspection and used his own emotions to justify his writing her up. What can we do in a situation like this? I am going with her to the hearing but how do we ensure that it will be a FAIR hearing?
Reply
Crystal 11:16 AM 03-24-2011
Originally Posted by shanesmomm:
I live in San Diego, CA and I am a parent trying to help my day care provider because of unfair practices with the license worker who did her last inspection and used his own emotions to justify his writing her up. What can we do in a situation like this? I am going with her to the hearing but how do we ensure that it will be a FAIR hearing?
You can contact the California Child Care Advocate program. They are here to mediate situations like the one you are talking about.

http://ccld.ca.gov/PG491.htm
Reply
Tags:dhs, false allegations, injury, iowa, lawyer, license - revoked, records
Reply Up