Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>I Am SHOCKED....
ChelseaB 12:00 PM 01-28-2016
I honestly cannot believe what I just read. The Daycare Forum has been one of the most helpful, enlightening forums I have ever been blessed to be a part of. However, today, I thought it would be wise to venture out into another website, a parenting forum with daycare related topics. I thought this might help me find out some inner quirks and truths with parents and help me to help them more. I was so....shocked and appalled, basically, at what I read.

How these parents truly feel about us, their exact thoughts and opinions. Now granted, I understand that this is only coming from a few, not the majority. But the fact that this is MY business rings true to me. Yet, these parents continually instilled the fact that it was a service that they were paying for; this was their child; therefore, they are the boss. Their disregard for us and our livelihood was despicable. In short, we overcharge and take way too much time off. We should be available to their every beck and call. They absolutely have the right to govern our business.

Those licensing rules and regulations that so many are obligated to abide by? We are uptight and none of that should matter. Their child is special, and how they want things done is how it is to be. To hell with anything else. That food program that so many utilize? It is simply a means of manipulating more money, apparently. When we don't allow outside meals or anything that requires additional work and effort -- we are "lazy". Our contracts and fees are the only thing we care about.

In-home vs centers -- the majority absolutely dragged in-homes through the dirt. Yeah -- they honestly believe we sit at home, on our couches, eating bon bons, and watching tv. Not the point that there are good and bad with both. We do NOT educate, as we are apparently uneducated ourselves. Our forum does its best to all work together to lift one another up and promote each other as best as we can!! And apparently, Nannyde is a popular name to throw around there -- I saw her name brought up a bit whenever these parents were scoffing at all of us.

These parents weren't even supporting each other!!! I guess that should have spoken more clearly than anything else. The finger pointing, name calling, and judgement.....it was UNREAL. I just wanted to be like "are you f***ing kidding me?"

We may have our moments, but dang, I love you guys! Thank you for being a GREAT forum....not like this other trash I offended my eyes with!
Play Care 12:16 PM 01-28-2016

When I first had oldest DD I was on a wedding forum turned parenting forum. Once I made the decision to "babysit" the chill became palpable. It was disheartening to say the least.
I try to rembering that most people IRL don't feel this way, and forums can be a special kind of he!!.

I found my first DC forum around that time and it really saved my sanity.
ChelseaB 12:22 PM 01-28-2016
Originally Posted by Play Care:

When I first had oldest DD I was on a wedding forum turned parenting forum. Once I made the decision to "babysit" the chill became palpable. It was disheartening to say the least.
I try to rembering that most people IRL don't feel this way, and forums can be a special kind of he!!.

I found my first DC forum around that time and it really saved my sanity.
Very true!!

I forgot to mention how we "make bank" because the parents have "done the math".
Cat Herder 12:22 PM 01-28-2016
Eh, in one ear and out the other, so to speak.

My guess is most only seek out such a forum on their worst day, so I'd expect it to be full of vent and vile. We do the same thing in our vent threads....

Eventually, as they learn what is normal from one another, they begin to see the rules, reg and routines as less of an affront to their egos and snowflakes.

I was a horrible PITA mom, cough-control freak-cough, that is why I opened my own daycare instead of tearing someone else's down.
mommyneedsadayoff 12:23 PM 01-28-2016
Originally Posted by ChelseaB:
I honestly cannot believe what I just read. The Daycare Forum has been one of the most helpful, enlightening forums I have ever been blessed to be a part of. However, today, I thought it would be wise to venture out into another website, a parenting forum with daycare related topics. I thought this might help me find out some inner quirks and truths with parents and help me to help them more. I was so....shocked and appalled, basically, at what I read.

How these parents truly feel about us, their exact thoughts and opinions. Now granted, I understand that this is only coming from a few, not the majority. But the fact that this is MY business rings true to me. Yet, these parents continually instilled the fact that it was a service that they were paying for; this was their child; therefore, they are the boss. Their disregard for us and our livelihood was despicable. In short, we overcharge and take way too much time off. We should be available to their every beck and call. They absolutely have the right to govern our business.

Those licensing rules and regulations that so many are obligated to abide by? We are uptight and none of that should matter. Their child is special, and how they want things done is how it is to be. To hell with anything else. That food program that so many utilize? It is simply a means of manipulating more money, apparently. When we don't allow outside meals or anything that requires additional work and effort -- we are "lazy". Our contracts and fees are the only thing we care about.

In-home vs centers -- the majority absolutely dragged in-homes through the dirt. Yeah -- they honestly believe we sit at home, on our couches, eating bon bons, and watching tv. Not the point that there are good and bad with both. We do NOT educate, as we are apparently uneducated ourselves. Our forum does its best to all work together to lift one another up and promote each other as best as we can!! And apparently, Nannyde is a popular name to throw around there -- I saw her name brought up a bit whenever these parents were scoffing at all of us.

These parents weren't even supporting each other!!! I guess that should have spoken more clearly than anything else. The finger pointing, name calling, and judgement.....it was UNREAL. I just wanted to be like "are you f***ing kidding me?"

We may have our moments, but dang, I love you guys! Thank you for being a GREAT forum....not like this other trash I offended my eyes with!
Nannyde gets crap because she speaks the truth and doesn't sugar coat it. Doesn't seem to be hurting her income though, right? Some parents just hate the lack of control over their child when they have them in daycare. They use the internet as an outlet to vent that frustration. I hate when people talk bad about me, but at the same time, they have no idea what my job entails, because they have never done it, so all they can see is that when they drop their kid off, I make the rules, and that bugs a lot of parents. And it is an easy fix...stay home with your kid! But, they would rather b!tch about it and say we are the bad guy I use to get mad at that, but this forum has really helped me to feel not alone. And Nannyde and NUMEROUS other posters on this board have been vital and integral to coming to that realization!
ChelseaB 12:29 PM 01-28-2016
Thanks for the input everyone, you are all SO right! I normally don't take stuff like this to heart, but I suppose today I am feeling a bit more wishy-washy! lol

I do believe that venting sometimes brings out the worst in a lot of people and things periodically, but I so felt like it was about EVERYTHING. Even the seemingly harmless topics escalated so quickly. Ridiculous. I know we talk about this stuff daily, but then to actually have what we already know validated -- it was like an "a-ha!" Moment
Blackcat31 12:58 PM 01-28-2016
Originally Posted by ChelseaB:
Thanks for the input everyone, you are all SO right! I normally don't take stuff like this to heart, but I suppose today I am feeling a bit more wishy-washy! lol

I do believe that venting sometimes brings out the worst in a lot of people and things periodically, but I so felt like it was about EVERYTHING. Even the seemingly harmless topics escalated so quickly. Ridiculous. I know we talk about this stuff daily, but then to actually have what we already know validated -- it was like an "a-ha!" Moment
Seems kind of ironic to me that all these hen-pecking parents that are bitching about daycares and how those daycares do or don't do things haven't figured out the ONE answer that will easily solve ALL those issues.
lovemydaycare0912 01:40 PM 01-28-2016
I too am so thankful to have found this forum. I am literally on it whenever I can be just to learn more and try to give advice where I can. I am a newbie, 11 months in, but I love owning my daycare and where I am going to go with it. So thank you to all!
Rockgirl 03:34 PM 01-28-2016
It seems some of them are shocked to find this board, too! There have certainly been some threads on here from parents "calling us out". Lol!
nannyde 04:07 PM 01-28-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Seems kind of ironic to me that all these hen-pecking parents that are bitching about daycares and how those daycares do or don't do things haven't figured out the ONE answer that will easily solve ALL those issues.
Well two..

Stay home with your kid OR
BE the daycare provider of your dreams... or rather your fantasy
Blackcat31 05:04 PM 01-28-2016
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Well two..

Ariana 05:54 PM 01-28-2016
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Well two..

YES! Do I feel bad for all the bitching I do on here? Hellz to the no!

I was also on a "parenting" forum...or as I like to call it "lets get together and congratulate eachother on how little time we spend with our kids but still claim to be experts" forum
Rockgirl 06:18 AM 02-01-2016
So, I got curious about mommy boards, and checked out the cafemom message boards. WOW is all I can say! These moms relentlessly tear each other apart. I'm glad parenting boards weren't as big when my kids were little. Actually, we didn't even own a computer until mine were 5 & 8. But seriously, wow.
LysesKids 06:31 AM 02-01-2016
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
So, I got curious about mommy boards, and checked out the cafemom message boards. WOW is all I can say! These moms relentlessly tear each other apart. I'm glad parenting boards weren't as big when my kids were little. Actually, we didn't even own a computer until mine were 5 & 8. But seriously, wow.
I ditched the daycare forum because not a lot posted and I agree some of the others are like WOW especially when it comes to SNAP, childcare etc... and yeah, I have added my 2 cents standing up for providers, but obviously I go anon when possible. I have enough issues without being torn apart by some of the people there
Tags:daycare environment, parents - don't appreciate
Reply Up