Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Why Do I Even Make a Contract?
blandino 04:21 PM 01-29-2013
I say that somewhat jokingly, because 99% of my families are so respectful and follow it to a T. But it drives me insane when people ask questions they should already know the answer to, just to see if they can push me. Guess what ?
I don't move when pushed, taking care of children in excellent practice for being tested and not wavering.

All done in text:

DCM: there is a week in February that both DCD and I will be out if town separately for work, so my sister is going to watch DCB. How does daycare work that week ?

Me: (I honestly pretended to not understand that she was asking to not pay for that week - since that is not an option per our contract) "oh, we have this happen all the time - just leave your check that Friday before and post-date it".

DCM: thanks for your response. I just hate to eat $$XX.00, is there anything we can work out ? Maybe longer days the week before (DCB comes half days - and pays a smaller fee than our regular daily rate).

Me: Yeah, it's not the easiest pill to swallow - but it's not really paying for him to be in care - rather paying to hold his spot at the daycare (which is standard for all daycares). You totally don't have to pay for that week, but we can't hold any spot without payment - so don't feel like you have to eat the money. As for watching him full days, we are completely full - and don't really have any flexibility for children to come when they aren't scheduled, since we are at capacity every day.

No answer yet...

And for everyone who reads regularly... Guess what family this is ?? Late fee/wrong bottle mixture/ Tylenol every 4 hours. I know they were getting notice last week - but honestly wanted to wait for the check to clear and the letter is getting handed out tomorrow (DCB's first day here this week). I honestly wanted to say "don't worry about it - you won't be here anyway". Someone make these next two weeks fly by.
Zoe 04:29 PM 01-29-2013
Boy I bet you can't wait to hand her that letter tomorrow. What a relief for you that the end is near!
Starburst 06:21 PM 01-29-2013
Just count down the days "Only xx days, xx hours, xx minutes, and xx seconds until DCF is out of my hair for good" count down until their pick up time on their last day. The last few years with school, I do weeks because it didn't seem as overwhelming as days and months (each semester is 16 weeks), but since this is short term I think it would be more rewarding to count down to the last possible second lol.
Reply Up