Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Toilet Paper
sahm2three 01:06 PM 07-08-2010
Wow, my day has really been in the sh!tter today, hasn't it, lol! Ok, I am so tired of my toilets getting plugged every time one of the dcb's take a poop. Does anyone know if there is such a thing as a toilet paper dispenser that LIMITS the amount of toilet paper used? My poor sewer....
Michael 01:38 PM 07-08-2010
It might initally cost a few extra dollars but should save you money in the long run:

Classic Center-Pull Paper Towel Dispenser - $41.30

SofPullŪ High-Capacity Center-Pull Towel Dispenser - $25.43

KIMBERLY-CLARKŪ STANDARD ABS PLASTIC INTERLEAVED DISPENSER

MarinaVanessa 01:46 PM 07-08-2010
I just have a rule that NO ONE but me can flush the toilet. The dispenser is a good idea but I'd hate to have one of those in our bathroom. It's our guest bath so it would irritate me to have someone over and have to use that lol. After each kid uses the restroom I go in and flush for them. This also prevents other things from being flushed and getting stuck.
Michael 01:53 PM 07-08-2010
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I just have a rule that NO ONE but me can flush the toilet. The dispenser is a good idea but I'd hate to have one of those in our bathroom. It's our guest bath so it would irritate me to have someone over and have to use that lol. After each kid uses the restroom I go in and flush for them. This also prevents other things from being flushed and getting stuck.
Here is an idea:

Don't P Me Off Toilet Paper Holder - $17

MarinaVanessa 02:05 PM 07-08-2010
Originally Posted by michael:
Here is an idea:

Don't P Me Off Toilet Paper Holder - $17

LOL!!!! I LOVE IT!! I have two grown men in the house (fiance & BIL) and I'd love to get one of those in BOTH bathrooms so that they'd both stopp using so much dang toilet paper. I mean c'mon boys. Do you really need three feet of toilet paper to wipe after each use????? I would remove the leather tie completely and replace it with a Master Lock and leave 4 or 5 squares hanging out. I'd cut my toilet paper roll bill by 300%.
Michael 02:48 PM 07-08-2010
LOL!!!! I LOVE IT!! I have two grown men in the house (fiance & BIL) and I'd love to get one of those in BOTH bathrooms so that they'd both stopp using so much dang toilet paper. I mean c'mon boys. Do you really need three feet of toilet paper to wipe after each use????? I would remove the leather tie completely and replace it with a Master Lock and leave 4 or 5 squares hanging out. I'd cut my toilet paper roll bill by 300%.
Ummm, men tend to be meat eaters. Remember how much flack Sheryl Crow got over this?

Singer Sheryl Crow has said a ban on using too much toilet paper should be introduced to help the environment.

Crow has suggested using “only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where two to three could be required”.
QualiTcare 03:41 PM 07-08-2010
i heard on oprah years ago how much paper could be saved if everyone pushed "no" at the gas pump when it asks if you want a receipt. it was something CRAZY! they talked about a lot of other things you can do as well, but i always remember the gas pump one - i think about it every time.

but ONE square of toilet paper? WHAT?!
jenh171 05:31 PM 07-08-2010
I consider myself an environmentalist, but I am NOT shaking hands with anyone who abides by the one square rule...gross!
MarinaVanessa 07:45 PM 07-08-2010
Originally Posted by jenh171:
I consider myself an environmentalist, but I am NOT shaking hands with anyone who abides by the one square rule...gross!
lol I don't even use only one square of TP but I'm a meat person myself (I very frequently skip the salad and order the rare steak) and even I don't need 3 ft of TP.
Unregistered 07:59 PM 07-08-2010
Hahaha! I have a 2 yr old who LOVES to play in the bathroom. I mean, an obsession almost. Every time I turn my back, she's back in the bathroom again. Her favorite activity is to throw toilet paper in the toilet and flush it down. Sometimes I'm tied up by another situation and can't get to her until she's used a TON of toilet paper. I go through like a roll every DAY. If I put it up high so she can't reach, I'd have to go in every time an older child had to potty to give them some tp. My hands are too full during the day to stop what I'm doing EVERY time a child has to potty. So something that limits how much you can get at once would sure help! haha It would help keep the Schoolagers from using so much and stopping the toilet up everytime they use it.
professionalmom 08:41 PM 07-08-2010
Yeah, I think my germaphobe side would kick the tushie of my environmentalist side on this one. EWWWW!!
Unregistered 06:12 AM 07-09-2010
lol I don't even use only one square of TP but I'm a meat person myself (I very frequently skip the salad and order the rare steak) and even I don't need 3 ft of TP.
maybe you need less TP because of the lack of fiber in your diet!
MarinaVanessa 08:52 AM 07-09-2010
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
maybe you need less TP because of the lack of fiber in your diet!
lol Maybe, as of right now I can blame it on the prenatal vitamins and the Iron supplements.
Chickenhauler 04:27 PM 07-09-2010
I wouldn't worry about the quantity of TP they use, but the quality of their handwashing.

You'd never shake hands with me after what I did last week-I was armpit deep in septic system pipes (but I did wash really well afterwards).
tenderhearts 08:44 PM 07-09-2010
I have a dcg who's family is vegetarian and they are very eco friendly. When she was potty training and I would pull toilet paper out for her she would tell me, 1 square only, only 1 square that's what my dad says Good thing I never shook her dad's hand lol, I said honey at chell's house we use more than 1 square. It took her a couple months to not say that anymore

About fixing the toilet clogging problem though, my son ALWAYS clogged our toilet almost every time he pooped, we told him to flush after he pooped, then after he wiped a couple times but never worked still only him managed to clog it ( I know sorry gross) But when we remodeled our house and added a bathroom, we bought the new "champion 4" toilet, the one they show you can dump a bucket of golf balls down and it wont clog? Well thats the only bathroom my son uses and he's 13 now and he or anyone has NEVER clogged this toilet solved our problem.
Chickenhauler 05:57 AM 07-10-2010
Originally Posted by tenderhearts:
About fixing the toilet clogging problem though, my son ALWAYS clogged our toilet almost every time he pooped, we told him to flush after he pooped, then after he wiped a couple times but never worked still only him managed to clog it ( I know sorry gross) But when we remodeled our house and added a bathroom, we bought the new "champion 4" toilet, the one they show you can dump a bucket of golf balls down and it wont clog? Well thats the only bathroom my son uses and he's 13 now and he or anyone has NEVER clogged this toilet solved our problem.
Good thing you mentioned this....these new "water saver" (green) toilets suck, or don't suck (depends on how you look at it).

It takes water volume to make the poo go away, and these new green toilets don't use enough water.

The local plumber loves them though, he says he makes more money clearing out stopped up toilets than he does doing actual plumbing repairs anymore.
professionalmom 05:37 PM 07-10-2010
Every time I see the title for this thread, I immediately start singing the toilet paper song. We have a couple potty chairs for potty training kids. The one everyone likes will sing for you when you go. There are 2 songs. The one song goes, "Toilet paper, toilet paper, on a roll, next to me. I could use a few squares, maybe 1 or 2 squares, how 'bout 3. Hooray for me!"

So when I see "toilet paper" I start singing. Sorry for going way off topic.
Chickenhauler 02:48 AM 07-11-2010
Originally Posted by professionalmom:
Every time I see the title for this thread, I immediately start singing the toilet paper song. We have a couple potty chairs for potty training kids. The one everyone likes will sing for you when you go. There are 2 songs. The one song goes, "Toilet paper, toilet paper, on a roll, next to me. I could use a few squares, maybe 1 or 2 squares, how 'bout 3. Hooray for me!"

So when I see "toilet paper" I start singing. Sorry for going way off topic.

Uh, I'm going to prescribe an evening out of the house spent with adults and no children for you, Ma'am.
professionalmom 05:12 AM 07-11-2010
Originally Posted by Chickenhauler:

Uh, I'm going to prescribe an evening out of the house spent with adults and no children for you, Ma'am.
It's so true. When people ask me, "Did you hear about ..." (flu outbreak, world events, etc. that is all over the news), I respond, "if it didn't happen on my property, Disney, Sprout, or Nick Jr., I have no knowledge of it." So yes, I agree, I need a date night with the hubby very soon! I'll tell him.
sahm2three 07:48 AM 07-11-2010
Originally Posted by professionalmom:
It's so true. When people ask me, "Did you hear about ..." (flu outbreak, world events, etc. that is all over the news), I respond, "if it didn't happen on my property, Disney, Sprout, or Nick Jr., I have no knowledge of it." So yes, I agree, I need a date night with the hubby very soon! I'll tell him.
OMG! I say the same thing all the time. People say did you hear about this shooting or that hurricane or whatever....I say, if it didn't happen in my little bubble that consists of feeding children, changing diapers, and watching Nick Jr, chances are I have NO idea what you are talking about! LOL!
Tags:toilet paper, toilet paper dispenser
Reply Up