Daycare.com Forum Force of Nature Disinfectant

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 09-27-2011, 08:55 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

Default Christmas Eve/Day- Payments On Sat/Sun ??

Christmas Eve and Day fall on a Sat and Sunday this year. I have it written in my contract both are paid holidays however I don't think its fair to charge for a Sat and Sun when parents never have their kids here those days. Someone just turned in their remaining dates for vacation and put those two down. I feel like it would be unfair to use up their vacation on two days I am never open (sat/sun) anyway. I am also usually closed the following week.

What are you doing for this holiday sched and payment wise?
Old 09-27-2011, 09:02 AM

I'm closed Tuesday in lieu of Sunday. I'm also closed Monday for Boxing Day in Canada. They will still pay me for a full week. Most business's other than retail will be closed Monday and Tuesday here anyway so my families expect "in lieu" closures to match the bank holidays.
Old 09-27-2011, 09:12 AM
Daycare.com Member

Most working parents will get Friday as the paid day for Saturday (Christmas eve) and Monday for the paid holiday for Sunday (Christmas). Same holds for New Years day since it falls on a Sunday too this year, you would get that Monday. That is what I put on my calendar and always take the week between Christmas and New years as vacation anyways so it's a couple days extra for me this year! You should do the same, you deserve those paid vacation days!!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:14 AM

I get paid for Christmas and New Year too.

I have it in my contract that I am closed those days with pay or on the nearest observed day. If the holiday falls on a weekend, I am closed on the "observed" date.

So if a holiday falls on a Sunday, I am closed with pay on Monday. If the holiday falls on a Saturday, I am closed with pay on the Friday before.

Don't give away your paid holidays because they fall on a weekend!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:22 AM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeko60 View Post
I get paid for Christmas and New Year too.

I have it in my contract that I am closed those days with pay or on the nearest observed day. If the holiday falls on a weekend, I am closed on the "observed" date.

So if a holiday falls on a Sunday, I am closed with pay on Monday. If the holiday falls on a Saturday, I am closed with pay on the Friday before.

Don't give away your paid holidays because they fall on a weekend!
I was just discussing this with my hubby! I have always gotten paid for the 24, 25 and 26 per my contract and need to make a change to ensure I get paid for the holidays this year since they fall on the weekend. I will updating and making this change today!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Family Childcare Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojosmommy View Post
Christmas Eve and Day fall on a Sat and Sunday this year. I have it written in my contract both are paid holidays however I don't think its fair to charge for a Sat and Sun when parents never have their kids here those days. Someone just turned in their remaining dates for vacation and put those two down. I feel like it would be unfair to use up their vacation on two days I am never open (sat/sun) anyway. I am also usually closed the following week.

What are you doing for this holiday sched and payment wise?
I'm with you. I'm not charging this year for Christmas and Christmas Eve since they fall on Saturday and Sun. I'm calling it their Christmas present. I am however adding a note on their invoices reflecting this so that they KNOW that I should have closed and gotten paid but instead will stay open.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Daycare.com Member

I also take off a paid day in lieu of christmas and New Years. I take off the day the bank's observe...so Dec 27th for Christmas and January 2 for New Years. Off and paid.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:35 AM

I have it in my contract- all Holidays paid, regardless on days that they land on- if they land on a Sat. then I take Fri. off as a paid Holiday.
If it lands on a Sun. I will take Mon. off and as the paid Holiday.
If both Sat. and Sun. taking the Fri. and Mon. off as paid holidays!!
Old 09-27-2011, 10:39 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by momma2girls View Post
I have it in my contract- all Holidays paid, regardless on days that they land on- if they land on a Sat. then I take Fri. off as a paid Holiday.
If it lands on a Sun. I will take Mon. off and as the paid Holiday.
If both Sat. and Sun. taking the Fri. and Mon. off as paid holidays!!
Ditto this forme too
Old 09-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Daycare.com Member

The way xmas falls this year should not effect payments. I take eve/day and day after off no matter how it falls. I wouldnt charge them for sat and sunday if your off those days any ways.
Debbie
Old 09-27-2011, 10:54 AM
Advanced Daycare.com

I am closed Friday for Christmas Eve and Monday for Christmas Day. I also took off Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday as personal days and Friday for New Years Eve and the following Monday for New Years day. Any parent that has payment due December 24 - January 2nd is due in full December 23rd.

Tags
christmas, new years, paid holidays