Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Cause for Concern? (BM)
mountainside13 07:54 AM 07-16-2015
I have a 2 year old dcg that has been with me for almost 6 months. She has never had a formed BM. It is always very loose or diarreah and most of the time greasy looking. By far the smelliest BM in a child I have cared for, it's very hard to describe. Is this cause for concern? Should I request that mom talk to her pediatrician about it? I have asked in the past and mom jokes and says that it's normal. But I'm not really sure.
Play Care 10:47 AM 07-16-2015
It could be allergies. How is the child otherwise?
mountainside13 10:53 AM 07-16-2015
Originally Posted by Play Care:
It could be allergies. How is the child otherwise?
She is a normal 2 year old besides the BM, she's a good eater, doesn't get sick very often exc.
mommyneedsadayoff 11:26 AM 07-16-2015
Originally Posted by mountainside13:
I have a 2 year old dcg that has been with me for almost 6 months. She has never had a formed BM. It is always very loose or diarreah and most of the time greasy looking. By far the smelliest BM in a child I have cared for, it's very hard to describe. Is this cause for concern? Should I request that mom talk to her pediatrician about it? I have asked in the past and mom jokes and says that it's normal. But I'm not really sure.
Maybe a dairy allergy? Do you know if she eats good foods at home or just junk? I had a little one who had the worse smelling poops and I found out that he was literally eating junk food from the time he went home, till he went to sleep. Always came cranky in the morning because he was not sleeping well (tummy didn't feel good) and I could smell him a mile away the second he started to go. I felt so bad for him, but there is not much I can about what they fed him at home.
midaycare 11:38 AM 07-16-2015
My smelliest and most loose bm's come from the healthiest dck's. The vegetarian, organic, blah blah blah. The ones who eat terrible are always constipated here.
Play Care 12:30 PM 07-16-2015
Originally Posted by mountainside13:
She is a normal 2 year old besides the BM, she's a good eater, doesn't get sick very often exc.
Then I probably wouldn't worry about it. Unless it was constant blow outs or the child seemed lethargic, dark under eye circles, sickly, etc. it may just be how she poos.
Janiam 05:43 PM 07-16-2015
Originally Posted by midaycare:
My smelliest and most loose bm's come from the healthiest dck's. The vegetarian, organic, blah blah blah. The ones who eat terrible are always constipated here.
Same here. I have also noticed a trend with parents giving a lot of those puree'd pouch things. Give 2-4 year olds a few of those 'spinach- mango- sweet potato' whatevers and guess what? They get horrible, smelly diarrhea! But they are organic
Unregistered 06:32 AM 07-17-2015
My 2 year old son has that problem every time he has any dairy. What if that little guy can't tolerate milk and drinks it daily and has these poops daily because of it. I really can't see how it could be normal to have these loose stools every day.
midaycare 10:17 AM 07-17-2015
Originally Posted by Janiam:
Same here. I have also noticed a trend with parents giving a lot of those puree'd pouch things. Give 2-4 year olds a few of those 'spinach- mango- sweet potato' whatevers and guess what? They get horrible, smelly diarrhea! But they are organic
I dislike when parents do this. Are kids incapable of using teeth now? It's just kind of weird, imo. And expensive. But to each their own.
Tags:bowel issues, bowel movement
Reply Up