Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Alternatives to Bleach
athomemommy 03:58 PM 01-07-2012
My licensing standards want us to use a bleach solution. I don't care for bleach at all. It says we can use something that is approved by the CDC. What do you guys use?
sahm2three 04:32 PM 01-07-2012
Originally Posted by athomemommy:
My licensing standards want us to use a bleach solution. I don't care for bleach at all. It says we can use something that is approved by the CDC. What do you guys use?
I am using Thieves Household cleaner. http://www.youngliving.com/natural-c...hieves-Cleaner

It is amazing! It kills things as strong as black mold and MRSA! Good stuff! Smells amazing and is all natural!
athomemommy 11:39 AM 01-09-2012
Can't believe I didnt get more replies on this. So I guess bleach it is. I will keep looking into this. And let you know. I just think we over clean things sometimes. And don't want to use chemicals.
sahm2three 02:56 PM 01-09-2012
Originally Posted by athomemommy:
Can't believe I didnt get more replies on this. So I guess bleach it is. I will keep looking into this. And let you know. I just think we over clean things sometimes. And don't want to use chemicals.
Ummmm, did you read about the Thieves cleaner I posted about? It is an amazing alternative to bleach!
familyschoolcare 03:20 PM 01-09-2012
what is it about bleach that you do not like?

I use a kitchen cleaner that has bleach in it. It still smells like bleach and can whiten clothing ect.. like bleach but does not have to be mixed daily to stay effective.

Also, I can buy it at the dollar store making it very cost effective.
Cat Herder 04:11 PM 01-09-2012
I prefer Q-128.
wdmmom 04:38 PM 01-09-2012
What about Clorox Anywhere? It's like bleach but it doesn't have the harsh effects or smell of bleach.
My Daycare 05:55 AM 01-10-2012
I live in your state and we can use 7th generation, but it smells yucky to me.

From the above suggestions, do any of those work for cleaning things in the tub or a bucket, rather than just spray & wipe. For example, are they concentrated solutions that can be added to water (like bleach) and still be approved by the CDC?
sahm2three 07:49 AM 01-10-2012
Originally Posted by My Daycare:
I live in your state and we can use 7th generation, but it smells yucky to me.

From the above suggestions, do any of those work for cleaning things in the tub or a bucket, rather than just spray & wipe. For example, are they concentrated solutions that can be added to water (like bleach) and still be approved by the CDC?
The Thieves cleaner comes in a bottle of concentrate. You add it to a bucket of water or spray bottle or whatever. It smells amazing! Kind of cinnamony (sp?).
greenhouse 10:05 AM 01-10-2012
I use white vinegar or seventh gen. for everyday cleaning and anti-bac wipes for questionable messes (baby poo, cat puke). I only bust out the bleach for cleaning toilets after hours. I wouldn't expose the kids the fumes, even diluted.
Tags:cleaner, cleaning solution, disinfect, disinfectant, disinfectants
Reply Up