Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>When Is A Cease And Desist Letter Worth It ?
blandino 08:41 PM 01-09-2014
I have a very angry termed DCM on my hands. I have heard (can't see her FB anymore) that she is badmouthing us on FB. Some of the info was shared with me... the claims are that

So none of those are HORRIBLE. Some are true, but very twisted or blown out of proportion, and some are just fabrications. Not sure if it is worth bothering or just let the steam blow off. She doesn't have a lot of FB friends, and I think most people could tell that she was just angry after being termed.
Play Care 05:39 AM 01-10-2014
Originally Posted by blandino:
I have a very angry termed DCM on my hands. I have heard (can't see her FB anymore) that she is badmouthing us on FB. Some of the info was shared with me... the claims are that
  • we harassed DCD in the daycare. Which didn't happen at all, we had very limited words
  • We lost 2 of DCGs bottles. Which is partially/possibly true. 2 are missing, I don't believe they were lost at daycare.
  • something about DCG's clothes going missing. I don't recall clothes going home with the wrong person, but it has happened before and is always corrected.
  • that they witnesses a child being lifted by one arm. I have no idea when/where/who they are referring to, to even begin to understand what they are referring to. So I cant be sure. We don't lift children by one arm, unless it was a complete emergency to do so.

So none of those are HORRIBLE. Some are true, but very twisted or blown out of proportion, and some are just fabrications. Not sure if it is worth bothering or just let the steam blow off. She doesn't have a lot of FB friends, and I think most people could tell that she was just angry after being termed.
In this case I wouldn't even bother. It's probably not harming your business and sometimes silence speaks volumes
And I don't know about any one else, but in my circle venting on FaceBook or the like is frowned upon. It speaks to the maturity (or lack thereof) of the person posting. The few people I am FB friends with who use social media in this manner (extended family ) get made fun of for doing it and the general consensus is that they are not to be taken seriously.
blandino 05:46 AM 01-10-2014
That's kind of how I felt, but I have a tendency to be very passive.
To me it is obvious that she is grasping at anything to make her point.

We have learned all of this through screen shots, so it is hard to see exactly what is being said. Another friend of hers chimed in with a comment about daycare and walking in on two naked children under a blanket. We can't tell if that is directed at us, because we don't see the whole conversation. But we have never had that woman as a daycare clients, so IF it was directed at us - it would be a fabrication. But we have no idea, if she was referring to is it another daycare.
Heidi 05:51 AM 01-10-2014
I agree with Playcare. Just let it wash over you for now. Not worth your time.

JenNJ 07:18 AM 01-10-2014
Give your licencing agent a heads up. Document how she wanted to come back. Have your mom and othe rassistsnts write their versions of how thongs happened with dcd. Sign them, date them, and put them away for safekeeping.
momofboys 08:14 AM 01-10-2014
Originally Posted by Play Care:
In this case I wouldn't even bother. It's probably not harming your business and sometimes silence speaks volumes
And I don't know about any one else, but in my circle venting on FaceBook or the like is frowned upon. It speaks to the maturity (or lack thereof) of the person posting. The few people I am FB friends with who use social media in this manner (extended family ) get made fun of for doing it and the general consensus is that they are not to be taken seriously.
This! Sorry you are going through this!
Reply Up