Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>At My Wits End.... About in Tears!!!!!
kpa0627 09:45 AM 10-08-2010
We all know there's good and bad days at daycare but today has been the WORST! I've been in the early childhood field for 5 years and never felt this way. I have 6 children today. three 22 month old boys, one 2 year old boy, one 3 year old girl, and one 4 year old boy. They are ALL SO cranky today! To top it all off one of the 22month old boys has been very agressive the past month and I'm about to terminate. He hits, kicks, pushes, grabs, pinches other children all the time.... it's over toys, books, wanting to be on the swing or on the slide, etc. He is now biting a child almost everyday and I catch him trying to bite numerous other times throughout the day but am luckily right there to snatch him away. I'm just having a really bad day and I don't know what to do with him anymore. I've had him since he was 13 months. He's always been a handful but all of a sudden it's extreme!!!!!!! I don't know what to do. If it wasn't for the fact that I have a parent who will be here in about 20 minutes to pick a child up I would be using this rest time to cry my eyes out. I'm just so upset and done with this day!!!!
marniewon 10:08 AM 10-08-2010
Oh man, do I understand those days!!! I'm so sorry!

Can you get outside today? Naptime? Will they nap?

I have no other advice, just know that I feel your pain! Take a deep breath and remember it's FRIDAY!! 2 days of rest and you can start over new on Monday.
MommyMuffin 10:14 AM 10-08-2010
Maybe if you can afford to you could let him go so you have peace of mind. Maybe the others are crabby because they are getting hit and bitten. I know I would not want one aggressive child in the bunch, I think it changes the dynamics. Good Luck! ((((HUGS))))
momofsix 10:17 AM 10-08-2010
I'm sorry you're having such a rough day, hopefully you'll get some much deserved rest this weekend. ((hugs))
DancingQueen 10:18 AM 10-08-2010
exactly how I felt on Tuesday
hang in there.
Tags:chaos, vent
Reply Up