Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Old CD's?
momofsix 09:36 AM 11-01-2010
I have a ton of old cd's, and I just can't stand to throw them away! Does anyone have any creative ideas for what to do with them?
JenNJ 09:39 AM 11-01-2010
I would let the kids use them on the dolls/stuffed animals. I let my dd use them on her babies.
misol 09:51 AM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
I would let the kids use them on the dolls/stuffed animals. I let my dd use them on her babies.

I'm not following. How do they use them with the dolls?
newtodaycare22 10:12 AM 11-01-2010
You can paint them and make nice hanging decorations )
kpa0627 10:20 AM 11-01-2010
I saw in a magazine where the kids painted them and then added a goggly eye on one side and a fin on the other for a fish craft then hung them up. It was cute.
DCMomOf3 10:44 AM 11-01-2010
We have fish with foam fins squeezed through the hole and glued in the back and top between 2 cds for the back and top fins and googly eyes.

Glue constrution paper that has been cut into a cd sized circle to them and make various animals, my son came home with a bear like that a few weeks ago.

Do you think they would work as small paint palettes?
Crystal 10:46 AM 11-01-2010
my daughter's teacher printed photos and decorated the cd's with pics of the kids, then added a magnet to the back to hang on the fridge.

paint palettes is a great idea too! I think I'll try that!
BentleysBands 10:47 AM 11-01-2010
haha, i thought u meant cloth diapers (cd's) until i read everyones responses
JenNJ 10:54 AM 11-01-2010
Lol! Sorry! I thought you meant cloth diapers!
momofsix 11:20 AM 11-01-2010
Originally Posted by JenNJ:
Lol! Sorry! I thought you meant cloth diapers!
that's ok--i needed the laugh!

Thanks for all the ideas everyone!
MarinaVanessa 02:34 PM 11-01-2010
You can also hang them with fish-line from hangers at different lengths (have the kids paint on the side that has the picture) then hang them somewhere where the light hits them, preferably where theres a light breeze so that they slowly spin and twirl. The sun will hit the shiny side and make rainbows on the walls etc. I did this a few times, and the kids love it so I let them take them home. They probably end up in the trash but oh well. I was going to throw them away anyway .
Tags:music
Reply Up