Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Anyone have a daycare in NJ? Have some questions
shellster72 07:51 PM 07-30-2014
I currently own a home day care in NJ. I have five dck. I have been in business for 4 years. NJ does not issue a license if you have less than five dck.

I would like to expand my daycare, take on more kids, hire another assistant and get licensed. My question is. . . . Has anyone started small in their home and expanded their business and found it successful.

Also, Do you have to have a teaching degree to get a daycare license in NJ?
Blackcat31 06:23 AM 07-31-2014
Here is the information for New Jersey

https://www.daycare.com/newjersey/ne...standards.html
JenNJ 08:07 AM 07-31-2014
I have a small home daycare (5 kids) and did not find the benefits of having more kids worth the cost of becoming licensed. You need to look at the rules and regs and decide if it is worth it to you.
shellster72 07:16 AM 08-01-2014
Thanks blackcat31
shellster72 07:17 AM 08-01-2014
JenNJ, I'm kinda thinking the same thing.
Crazy8 07:26 AM 08-01-2014
also a NJ provider taking up to 5 kids. I never looked into taking more, I know you can with an assistant but still didn't think you'd be "licensed" unless you were a center.

I was registered my first few years but gave that up after a while, they did nothing to help me get clients and they were so antiquated in their systems.
JenNJ 08:19 AM 08-01-2014
The registration seems to me like its no benefits at all. And my home address and phone number posted all over for any weirdo to see I'm home alone with kids all day -- no thanks.
Reply Up