Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>My DH is FIRED
sharlan 12:07 PM 05-25-2012
I left him inside with a sleeping baby (no work), a 4 yo, and a 9 yo while I did the front yardwork.

I came in to find crushed pretzels AND Doritos all over one sofa. I went to put something in the pantry and found the large pretzel jug, lid off, spilled all over the floor. The chip box was on top of it.

I vacuumed the sofa and made the 4 yo pick up the pretzels and throw them away.

I just called and ordered pizza for delivery. I'm NOT making lunch.
Breezy 12:10 PM 05-25-2012
Oh no! Bet he got a stern talking to and a time out
Meyou 12:32 PM 05-25-2012
Lol! The kids must have thought they'd hit the jackpot!
MarinaVanessa 01:41 PM 05-25-2012
OMG Sharlan. I am SO MAD AT YOU RIGHT NOW!!

I saw the post and really thought that your DH had been fired ... as in fired from his job. I thought "Oh no, and she had just scheduled interviews for tomorrow and we were all hoping that she'd get new clients and that things would start looking up and then her husband gets fired. Oh no!!" I'm glad that all it was, was pretzels and that your DH isn't really fired from a job. What a relief
Michael 02:47 PM 05-25-2012
I thought the same thing. Sensationalizing are you.....
dave4him 04:46 PM 05-25-2012
Love when my wife comes home and says ' i dont know how you do it' --- still the house is never as clean as i wish it was
bgmeyers 07:34 AM 05-26-2012
Reminds me of a time my car was in the shop when parents came to pick up. They saw dh's truck in the drive.
DC mom (great mom) came in laughing and said...oh, I thought maybe you'd left and put your dh in charge. I pictured them all sitting around eating popcorn and watching soccer on tv. She knows that's what dh does when he gets home and the kiddos would have loved it!
Kaddidle Care 11:20 AM 05-26-2012
I thought he got fired from his job too.

Ah well... consider the alternative. Better yet, make HIM do the yardwork next time.
sharlan 01:36 PM 05-26-2012
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
I thought he got fired from his job too.

Ah well... consider the alternative. Better yet, make HIM do the yardwork next time.
Unfortunately, he can't. Plus I love the yardwork. It's the only job you can do and have it look nice longer than 5 minutes.
Kaddidle Care 02:41 PM 05-26-2012
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Unfortunately, he can't. Plus I love the yardwork. It's the only job you can do and have it look nice longer than 5 minutes.
Speak for yourself! I have a black thumb. Want to kill a plant? Give it to me!
Tags:husband
Reply Up