Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Contracts - Do You Renew For The New Fall Season?
Provider_Manda 11:20 AM 08-08-2012
Ok so I am coming to an end of my 1st year and Im glad to say that I have made it this far..Well I really had no idea what to do when I began this journey and honestly still don't know what Im doing..lol Paperwork, contracts, having a backbone..Im still not there..lol

So my question is do you redo your contracts for the start of a new year ? Do you revise your times and rules ?
I want to feel more as a home daycare then just a "baby sitter" I want to have rules that they abide by and respect.

I feel that I started my daycare all wrong, and now Im worried I will never get it to what I want it to be. Any advice would be great on how to have a successful daycare.
Michael 11:35 AM 08-08-2012
https://www.daycare.com/forum/tags.p...ct+-+revisions
Blackcat31 12:15 PM 08-08-2012
Originally Posted by Provider_Manda:
Ok so I am coming to an end of my 1st year and Im glad to say that I have made it this far..Well I really had no idea what to do when I began this journey and honestly still don't know what Im doing..lol Paperwork, contracts, having a backbone..Im still not there..lol

So my question is do you redo your contracts for the start of a new year ? Do you revise your times and rules ?
I want to feel more as a home daycare then just a "baby sitter" I want to have rules that they abide by and respect.

I feel that I started my daycare all wrong, and now Im worried I will never get it to what I want it to be. Any advice would be great on how to have a successful daycare.
If you have any specific questions, feel free to PM me anytime! I am always happy to help a new/fellow provider out....especially when it comes to the business side of this job.

FWIW~ I that end of this.....If I could do paperwork, write letters, contracts and policies for a living I would do it in a heartbeat! My mom said I should have been an insurance salesman since I like doing paperwork so much
Provider_Manda 01:51 PM 08-08-2012
Blackcat that would be great !! I have no idea what I am doing when it come to contracts..Can you give me some pointers ?
Blackcat31 01:59 PM 08-08-2012
Originally Posted by Provider_Manda:
Blackcat that would be great !! I have no idea what I am doing when it come to contracts..Can you give me some pointers ?
If you PM me your e-mail address I will send you mine.

After you read through it, you will probably have a dozen questions....
nothingwithoutjoy 04:17 PM 08-08-2012
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
FWIW~ I that end of this.....If I could do paperwork, write letters, contracts and policies for a living I would do it in a heartbeat! My mom said I should have been an insurance salesman since I like doing paperwork so much
I bet you could. I HATE that part!
(edited to add: not such a joy-full comment, huh?)
Crazy8 04:44 PM 08-08-2012
to answer your initial question, I do not routinely do renewal contracts for the new year or school year. I do them when there is a change to the families schedule or even sometimes when I've made more drastic policy changes. The great thing about this time of year though is that its perfect to put some of those new policies in place!
Tags:contract - renewal, contract - revisions, contract renewal, contracts, rules
Reply Up