Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Parents and Guardians Forum>Mil Rant
Unregistered 10:59 AM 10-23-2013
Not day care related, but just want to scream and share somewhere. My kid is with her grandmother every Wednesday. She sends me pictures throughout the day, and kiddo is always in another outfit than what I dropped her off in. When I ask if she had an accident, I get a "no, just didn't like what she was wearing", or "she didn't seem comfortable". Ugh! Every stinkin Wed. I think I'm going to start dropping her off in her jammies and let grandma just dress her.

Sorry, just wanted to vent
butterfly 12:15 PM 10-23-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Not day care related, but just want to scream and share somewhere. My kid is with her grandmother every Wednesday. She sends me pictures throughout the day, and kiddo is always in another outfit than what I dropped her off in. When I ask if she had an accident, I get a "no, just didn't like what she was wearing", or "she didn't seem comfortable". Ugh! Every stinkin Wed. I think I'm going to start dropping her off in her jammies and let grandma just dress her.

Sorry, just wanted to vent
I think jammies are a great idea! I bet grandma just wants to spoil her. - I'm assuming these are clothes that grandma got for her?
Unregistered 12:30 PM 10-23-2013
No, that's the weird thing, they're the extra clothes from the diaper bag that I send- not even things she bought. It would be different if they went shopping and she bought her new outfits, or she noticed that an outfit she had bought was in the bag. It's just so odd! She drives me nuts. I almost laugh dressing her on Wednesday mornings because I know it's not even going to matter. It really shouldn't bother me, it's a tiny thing. Overall, she's a great grandmother and a good MIL, it's just bizarre!!
Unregistered 12:41 PM 10-23-2013
Do you smoke by any chance?
ColorfulSunburst 12:42 PM 10-23-2013
take it easy. Say to her "thank you" and something like "you are a great grandmother". That's what she needs for.
butterfly 12:42 PM 10-23-2013
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
No, that's the weird thing, they're the extra clothes from the diaper bag that I send- not even things she bought. It would be different if they went shopping and she bought her new outfits, or she noticed that an outfit she had bought was in the bag. It's just so odd! She drives me nuts. I almost laugh dressing her on Wednesday mornings because I know it's not even going to matter. It really shouldn't bother me, it's a tiny thing. Overall, she's a great grandmother and a good MIL, it's just bizarre!!
Oh, that IS strange...
Unregistered 03:05 PM 10-23-2013
no, I don't smoke. I know what you're getting at, but the clothes she's changing her into are coming from the diaper bag I send, so if I did, they would stink too. I actually asked her about it today when I picked up, and she said she was visiting a relative and just wanted my daughter to look cute and felt that the other outfit was nicer. Ok, fair enough- I guess she just wants to show off. I guess that's kind of sweet.
SSWonders 04:17 PM 10-23-2013
Bring her in nakie and tell Gramma to dress her in whatever she likes.
dbslas 08:19 PM 10-23-2013
Originally Posted by SSWonders:
Bring her in nakie and tell Gramma to dress her in whatever she likes.

itlw8 06:56 AM 10-25-2013
glad you asked. I find my dil and I have a much better relationship than I had with my mil. mostly because we talk about things... yes it was rough at first she thought I did not like her because I did not hug.... We are great friends now. Gotta stick together we are out numbered my the men and boys.
Unregistered 07:37 AM 10-25-2013
we have a good relationship- I'm probably closer to her than my own mother who lives out of state. We just have our moments, like you do with any other relative. One helpful thing is that my husband is really great- he really stands up for me and speaks up when there are issues.
kindertouch 12:59 AM 11-17-2013
Is she the first grand daughter? I think she just want to spoil her and enjoys dressing your daughter every time.
Mister Sir Husband 09:28 AM 11-17-2013
Ok.. so this is a bit childish, but dress her in what you feel is appropriate and in the bag put the most hideous mismatched outfit you can scrape together. Something you wouldn't feel comfortable dressing her in.. even if she were going to be hanging out with blind people.. (like I said, childish .. but is kinda the mood I am in today)
Unregistered 07:12 AM 11-18-2013
She's the only granddaughter.

I've recently just let my little one dress herself, which has created some interesting outfits, to say the least. Unless they buy a new outfit, she won't let her change her during the day so it's become less of an issue.
cheerfuldom 05:30 PM 11-20-2013
my MIL used to do the same thing ALL the time and then would want the clothes washed and returned to her. The thing is that most of the time, I sent my kids over there in nicer clothing, way nicer, than what they were changed into. There was no reason to change and I always provided extra clothes. I never did figure out why she did this. but now that I have four kids, she can't keep up with changing all of them, ha ha, problem solved! she finally gave up!
ColorfulSunburst 02:48 PM 12-24-2013
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
my MIL used to do the same thing ALL the time and then would want the clothes washed and returned to her. The thing is that most of the time, I sent my kids over there in nicer clothing, way nicer, than what they were changed into. There was no reason to change and I always provided extra clothes. I never did figure out why she did this. but now that I have four kids, she can't keep up with changing all of them, ha ha, problem solved! she finally gave up!

You win!
Tags:vent
Reply Up