Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>The Nanny Hates Me...............
daycare 12:50 PM 06-27-2012
SO not too sure if any of you recall me asking about what I should look out for when interviewing with a family that has a full time Nanny at home....Well here it is..............

New DCB has only been in my care for two days and already the Nanny hates me.

During the 2nd interview with the parents, I had asked all the golden questions about Sleeping, napping, eating, routine and etc at home.

the parents tell me, No routine, naps at 3:30pm with bottle of milk or juice, sleeps until about 8, goes to bed at 1am some times and sleeps in until 11am. Does not have planned meal time, does not feed self (age 2.5) does not sit to eat, does not have any kind of consistency at all.

I asked the parents if they would be willing to put the DCB on my routine and ask the Nanny to also adapt to this routine as well. They said yes, that this is what they wanted. Consistent routine daily. The child is part time.

Well the DCB is actually fitting in excellent! Has already started to adapt. This morning, the Dad tells me at drop off, our Nanny is having a really really hard time adjusting to our request of the NEW schedule and routine. She hates it. Th3e Nanny told the parents that she didn't like my rules or schedule at all and that they should find a new place to send their son.

I just looked at the dad and I said, well I hope that you told her to get used to the new routine, because this is what is best for your son. He smiled and said, we are doing our best to make this all work.

UGH what nerve that Nanny has. NOt to sound mean, but the Nanny sounds LAZY.............
Blackcat31 12:57 PM 06-27-2012
Meh...I wouldn't stress over it. Honestly if the nanny was doing her job, the DCB wouldn't necessarily have to come to you...kwim?

Plus the parents pay you not the nanny. Smile sweetly when she drops off and/or picks up and now that the parents respect you for your rules and schedule.

Oh and can I just say, he is 2.5 years old and they still have him on a bottle?! and put juice in it! ....(shaking my head)
jojosmommy 01:06 PM 06-27-2012
I personally wouldn't even worry about it. And I would tell the parents you would rather not put them in the middle of the nanny said this, the daycare lady said this. I would tell them you and they (the parents) are working together on an arrangement that works while said child is at your house. Then I would leave what happens at home with the nanny alone. I can imagine when its easier to blame the nanny they will. Kinda like the mom who blames dad when he isn't there and then dad blames mom when she isnt there. KWIM?
cheerfuldom 01:08 PM 06-27-2012
Are you sure the nanny isnt a relative or close friend of theirs? I wonder about some parents that would let a nanny literally rule the roost at their house and allow their child to be so unrestrained in her care.
daycare 01:12 PM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
Are you sure the nanny isnt a relative or close friend of theirs? I wonder about some parents that would let a nanny literally rule the roost at their house and allow their child to be so unrestrained in her care.
believe it or not, she is not related.....AND they pay her a crazy rate...OMG the mom accidentally told me in conversation one day...
cheerfuldom 01:13 PM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
believe it or not, she is not related.....AND they pay her a crazy rate...OMG the mom accidentally told me in conversation one day...
strange.....something still sounds fishy.....
daycare 01:17 PM 06-27-2012
For as educated at these parents are and as uch as they are spending on the Nanny, I would think that they would not allow for this to happen, but I am not there and don't know the other side of everything.

Like some of you said I don't want to get in the middle of the Nanny, just want to help the child.

I just still can't believe they told me this...
Heidi 02:36 PM 06-27-2012
Is this child with you full-time?

I just wonder at a child having to be in daycare AND have a nanny....When does he spend time with his parents???
BusyBee 02:42 PM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by Heidi:
Is this child with you full-time?

I just wonder at a child having to be in daycare AND have a nanny....When does he spend time with his parents???
Exactly! Weird!
daycare 03:05 PM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by BusyBee:
Exactly! Weird!
So I thought that it was weird at first too, but the family has a small baby at home rthat the Nanny cares for. The parents are both lawyers and own a large law firm, sad to say I think they work a LOT! But they also told me that they take month long vacations serveral times a year??????? They really want for their child to get socialization and thought that putting their son in my in-home preschool was a great fit. The parents are fantastic so far and so is the boy. It's only the Nanny that hates me.......lol
Heidi 05:28 PM 06-27-2012
Originally Posted by daycare:
So I thought that it was weird at first too, but the family has a small baby at home rthat the Nanny cares for. The parents are both lawyers and own a large law firm, sad to say I think they work a LOT! But they also told me that they take month long vacations serveral times a year??????? They really want for their child to get socialization and thought that putting their son in my in-home preschool was a great fit. The parents are fantastic so far and so is the boy. It's only the Nanny that hates me.......lol
hmmm...sounds like you are just what the little man needs! I am glad he is fitting in with you. Pay Ms. Nanny no mind, and know that you are doing right by him. The lack of schedule doesn't seem to have hurt him so far, but it certainly will cost him when he gets to be school age....
countrymom 06:31 PM 06-27-2012
acually I bet you that maybe they are trying to get rid of the nanny. Maybe they are seeing that something is wrong or she is complaining too much. Something just doesn't sound right. Most nannies have children on a schedual, if this child has no routine at home, what the heck has she been doing with him.
My3cents 10:22 AM 06-28-2012
they have a nanny and they are sending him to daycare?

Something is not right here. Sounds like they are moving the Nanny on out to be more of a babysitter. Ugh

I wouldn't deal with the Nanny. Just be nice to her as you would anyone else if she is allowed for drop off and pick ups. Keep contact with only the parents- keep small talk to everything else but the children.

I have found that many parents that are well off are very relaxed with schedules when the kids are young, letting them sleep when they want and have basically no schedule. Free range, child led, usually these parents have very well jobs that they can afford a Nanny to allow this. Then they wake up and realize that little so and so needs and thrives on more of a schedule, and little so and so will be following a schedule of some sorts when they start going to school- so we need to socialize little so and so fast----

then some are just the opposite......

good luck with this it sounds like it could get interesting and its great that the child is wonderful and you do great with the parents also. I would just ignore the Nanny for as much as possible. Not be rude but not fall for her attitude

Best-
Reply Up